Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About the soup, people not sharing recipes are proper weirdos. When someone compliments me on a dish I've made I immediately tell them the recipe, whether they want it or not!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
@MancBee
The house smells like the funeral home where I saw my Dad before we screwed the lid on the box.
He WAS dead, we didn't just bury him for shits and giggles.
The dog left the kitchen and he sticks to me like a conjoined twin when I'm cooking
It tastes very salty, slightly sweet but surprisingly un-oniony.
Like herbs in hot water with half a tsp of sugar.
It leaves a greasy residue on your lips, like being kissed by someone wearing chapstick.
It needs some cornflour to thicken it but that will do nothing to improve the flavour.
Ten out of Ten will never do it again.
That is something else!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh no no no. I am kind of caught up I suppose (actual job means actually busy). There are many many things to say about that Christmas dinner but I am just so sad about that prawn cocktail. Not to do a Mars bar style personal essay but I'm vegan and really miss seafood and prawn cocktail is delicious nostalgia (made of unethical tortured crustaceans and poor indentured cows and migrant workers on tomato farms, but shhh), but she just made it more unappetising than the ethics.
Only veggie rather than vegan but I will marry/shag/worship/whatever they want the person who comes up a decent faux prawn cocktail. There's not really much other meat I miss but that does cause me to have impure thoughts.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
About the soup, people not sharing recipes are proper weirdos. When someone compliments me on a dish I've made I immediately tell them the recipe, whether they want it or not!
What’s the point of a family recipe passed down if they won’t pass it down to her? Perhaps they saw her raw egg noodle bowl and decided she’s not up to making it yet.
Each to their own but I’ve had vege avgolemoni and it was not for me. Unsure how adding chicken would help.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
She’s claiming a top temp of 41.5 Celsius? 😳 That’s an astronomical fever for an adult. Kids can spike really high fevers (if my kids hit 41 I’d take them straight to A&E) but extremely high temps are a lot rarer in adults IIRC.

She claims to be maintaining a temp of 40 but is happily tweeting? The last couple of times I’ve had a fever, it’s been 38 and I felt too tit to do anything other than curl up in a ball.

This is all very very suspicious.
Just looked on an NHS site. Temperature over 40, the advice is to go to the hospital immediately. If she has had a temp of 105 for a couple of days (41) then it is serious and she needs to get to A&E. Though something just doesn't ring true. A terrible fever, feeling ill, yet is interacting on Twitter. Not only interacting with people, sorting out and posting recipes and photographs of tit food.

Anyone that has ever had a fever will tell you that the last thing they want to do is.........well anything. If you feel like tit you just want to curl up in bed do nothing and ignore everyone. Call me cynical, but I smell something, and it ain't a nice roast dinner.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97
Back in the room and hopeful for an opportunity to catch a glimpse of Jackie on live tv again.

Bloke on now has made paper bottles but set alight to his kitchen & created a noxious cloud, something I’m sure Louisa related to on a deeply personal level.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
omfg they said cook and food writer and my heart SOARED, but it’s not Jack?!! this is worse than SHE LEFT!

ETA haven’t caught her name but she’s feeding 25,000 children / 2.7mil meals a month, what a genuinely amazing woman who is constantly de centring herself in this interview

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
She’s claiming a top temp of 41.5 Celsius? 😳 That’s an astronomical fever for an adult. Kids can spike really high fevers (if my kids hit 41 I’d take them straight to A&E) but extremely high temps are a lot rarer in adults IIRC.

She claims to be maintaining a temp of 40 but is happily tweeting? The last couple of times I’ve had a fever, it’s been 38 and I felt too tit to do anything other than curl up in a ball.

This is all very very suspicious.
While the temp she showed is a fever, she was using an ear thermometer. Normal temp with one of those is 38 rather than closer to 36-37 so take a degree or so off for that.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I thought she’d be able to reverse engineer it 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She’s such a bad champion of things.

Living to a tight budget? No problem! Get you down Asda and fight for those yellow-sticker bargains. If I can feed a family of two/three for £20 a week all in, then so can you. If you can’t, that means you’re tit and I’m not.

Got the ‘Rona? No problem! If I can tweet happily away for a good hour and prepare focused recipes and meal plans, then so can you, you work-shy bastards!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
@MancBee
The house smells like the funeral home where I saw my Dad before we screwed the lid on the box.
He WAS dead, we didn't just bury him for shits and giggles.
The dog left the kitchen and he sticks to me like a conjoined twin when I'm cooking
It tastes very salty, slightly sweet but surprisingly un-oniony.
Like herbs in hot water with half a tsp of sugar.
It leaves a greasy residue on your lips, like being kissed by someone wearing chapstick.
It needs some cornflour to thicken it but that will do nothing to improve the flavour.
Ten out of Ten will never do it again.
That has just confirmed many christmas dinners will be ruined this year thanks to JM.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
She’s such a bad champion of things.

Living to tight budget? No problem! Get you down Asda and fight for those yellow-sticker bargains. If I can feed a family of two/three for £20 a week all in, then so can you. If you can’t, that means you’re tit and I’m not.

Got the ‘Rona? No problem! If I can tweet happily away for a good hour and prepare focused recipes and meal plans, then so can you, you work-shy bastards!
We’re all pieces of tit compared remember darling x

Remember when she laboured in silence then managed to periscope her own neck to check out her innards during the c section? She’s a genius at maths with no formal education with her basic calculator without so much as the gcse level trigonometry functions on it. She doesn’t starve either cos she’s got a method all the other mums clearly don’t give enough of a duck to come up with to feed them and their kids (such an abhorrent sentence but that’s what she’s saying in all her carry on :/!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.