Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The joke implies that her relatives can't possibly be British, as you can't deport British people. I have no clue about Priti Patel's family situation, but I suspect, like her, they are British.

It's def BNP playbook to suggest that anyone who doesn't look like Hugh Grant or Lily Cole can't be British.
I'd have made that joke about Teresa May when she was Home Secretary - or David Blunkett.

Reactions: 12
She knows she has a massive challenge to try and direct attention away from 'The Sloppies' later on. I don't rule out an A&E lady doctor being involved.

What odds can I get on this episode inevitably resulting in a 'Long Covid' self-diagnosis that will be wheeled out to excuse any future failures to deliver?

The year is 2028. Our heroine Jack takes a break from saving the poor and logs into Twitter to ask if anyone remembers Spangles...

Squiggle1: Sorry to bother you Jack but I've been messaging about my Thrifty Shades of Beige perks for a few years now. I know you're BUSY but I was just wondering when I can expect my postcards. P.S You're a superstar!

Jack: You probably haven't given me your address. That's usually the problem. Also I have had SEVERE LONG COVID so you know sorry if I don't just jump to attention the minute you click your fingers. I have been asked not to overwhelm the Post Office and would like to respect that even if you clearly don't.

Squiggle1: Thanks for responding Jack. You've been so brave and I'm sorry if my Tweet caused you any offence. I'll wait anther couple of years and see if anything turns up.

Jack: Sorry if I was a bit off but I've been getting bullied online for twenty seven years over the last six months and I'm a bit hypersensitive like I'm being slowly devoured from the inside out by a fanged parasite that doesn't have shins so cannot be kicked. I am suffering but my tormentors don't care that they're slowly killing me.

Squiggle1: Oh Jack I'm so sorry. I can't believe the abuse you take just for trying to help people. Remember we love you you lil' superstar.

Squiggle2: STOP BULLYING JACK YOU RANCID TORY tit

Squiggle3: duck you scum. Jack is a bleeping hero.

Squiggle 4: APOLOGISE TO JACK YOU NONCE

Squiggle1: I've said sorry. I would never upset Jack on purpose.

Squiggle3: Delete your account you ugly Tory hell spawn.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
The year is 2028. Our heroine Jack takes a break from saving the poor and logs into Twitter to ask if anyone remembers Spangles...

Squiggle1: Sorry to bother you Jack but I've been messaging about my Thrifty Shades of Beige perks for a few years now. I know you're BUSY but I was just wondering when I can expect my postcards. P.S You're a superstar!

Jack: You probably haven't given me your address. That's usually the problem. Also I have had SEVERE LONG COVID so you know sorry if I don't just jump to attention the minute you click your fingers. I have been asked not to overwhelm the Post Office and would like to respect that even if you clearly don't.

Squiggle1: Thanks for responding Jack. You've been so brave and I'm sorry if my Tweet caused you any offence. I'll wait anther couple of years and see if anything turns up.

Jack: Sorry if I was a bit off but I've been getting bullied online for twenty seven years over the last six months and I'm a bit hypersensitive like I'm being slowly devoured from the inside out by a fanged parasite that doesn't have shins so cannot be kicked. I am suffering but my tormentors don't care that they're slowly killing me.

Squiggle1: Oh Jack I'm so sorry. I can't believe the abuse you take just for trying to help people. Remember we love you you lil' superstar.

Squiggle 4: APOLOGISE TO JACK YOU ponce

My kids are looking at me like I’m mad, I can hardly breathe for laughing 😂 BRILLIANT

ponce, haven’t heard that for years!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Squiggle 4: APOLOGISE TO JACK YOU ponce

There’s a thread title in waiting: “being slowly devoured from the inside out by a fanged parasite” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
All right, not wanting to 🔺🔺🔺 anyone (or myself) but SOMEBODY just sent an amazing email to an academic mailing list I'm part of completely destroying Jack because another email suggested 'the artist formally known as potatoes' as essential reading for understanding food poverty. Really sorry I can't screenshot but it was brutal and brilliant and I am HERE for it. That person MUST be a Tattler.

They're very welcome to DM me (if they're comfortable) cos I am absolutely dying to know who it is :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Lol I am part of the very same mailing list and just punched the air and cackled with glee x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
This was the aspect I found offensive but you phrased it better than I could have.
I have now read a bit about her and I agree. No matter how despicable her own actions and politics are she is being reminded by white Brits that her family, due to their ethnic background and looks to go with it, must qualify for deportation. I argue that if she, in your words, looked like eg. Lily Cole the suggestion to deport her own family might not have been made. On a very personal level I generally react very badly to deportation 'jokes', no matter who makes them.
A very clear example is that the joke would have never been made about Theresa May. And the only difference between her and Priti is the colour of their skin. Both horrible people through and through.

Reactions: 21
Lads I’m BUSY so won’t be here for the sloppies 😢but I will be back later to Grunka all the gossip. I anticipate at least one thread, if not two by the time I come back.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'd have made that joke about Teresa May when she was Home Secretary - or David Blunkett.
Hadn't read this before my last comment where I said that the joke wouldn't be made about Theresa May 😄
Maybe as a German I need to keep my nose out of British jokes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Has anyone ever been really really unwell with a virus, but had the energy and wherewithal to chat tit on Twitter with people you don’t know, as well as whatsapp family? I wasn’t well a couple of months ago, not Covid but was really rough. I literally replied to my mum’s phonecalls with “not well will ring later” and then didn’t cos I was just melted. She’s lying on some level. Either it’s not Covid, or it is Covid but she’s exaggerating symptoms. She hasn’t got SEVERE Covid or she’d be asleep in bed minding her business.
She’s certainly exaggerating her temperature, I would say. 40.5 is extremely high.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Gah I am desperate to see the academic email! Was it sent to many people? Has there been more feedback since it was sent??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Gah I am desperate to see the academic email! Was it sent to many people? Has there been more feedback since it was sent??
I am such a petty asshole that I hope JM lurks in these threads and now knows about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hadn't read this before my last comment where I said that the joke wouldn't be made about Theresa May 😄
Maybe as a German I need to keep my nose out of British jokes.
I disagree, Harry. I think British people wield their famed sense of humour like a shield and we (yes) absolutely need calling out when we’re being unfunny, offensive arseholes.

ich liebe dich. ❤

ETA - In case it wasn’t clear I meant I disagree you should keep quiet!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Priti Patel's parents emigrated to the UK in the 1960s, and it's been said many times previously that her policies would have meant her own parents being deported back to Uganda, I just see that 'joke' as referencing this fact.

My partner's parents are also from East Africa (originally Gujarat like PP's) and emigrated here in the 70s and the entire family utterly despise her (and they are very much wealthy successful middle class British Asians, so not dissimilar to her). She and her policies are vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Babe, same x

I think this exemplifies JM's slow downfall. Unless she gets herself 'cancelled' on social media, I envisage it being a collective and slow realisation that she's a complete grifter as information from Tattle slowly trickles down.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.