Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cassandra333

VIP Member
I'd refuse to support an ideology that thinks chemically castrating boys who are not old enough to make that life changing decision is a good idea.

I don't give a fuck about your pronouns. When I talk about women, I'm talking about adult human females. We are not 'cis' because we're not a subcategory within our own sex.

Men have no idea of what being a woman is, because they didn't grow up in a female body. Any idea they do have is based on sexist stereotype which have no place in modern society.

Saying trans women are women undermines what a woman is. We are more than ideas in a mans head. It's actually offensive to suggest that's all it takes to being a woman. Not to mention misogynistic.

Sex is the important characteristic, gender doesn't matter at all. It's a type of fashion and nothing more.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Our Cilla

So I won't be voting Lib Dem anytime soon. I just asked the door knocker to be determine what a Woman is......... he said its anybody that identifies as a woman. I told him Woman are Adult Born Females he went on to say "you probably won't be voting for us then'. I said I wouldn't be voting for a party that didn't know basic human biology. He was saying its the" moral thing to do" to support this put upon minority he left with me shouting Woman are Adult Born Females after him.Hey HO guess all my neighbours know where I stand now!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

springstudy

Seeing this thread has just made me happy. I'm a POC from the UK, and honestly this ideology along with all the other "woke things" happening right now not only confuse me, but actually make me feel super inferior.
I have people that treat me like crap in person share stuff on their social media about "being POC Allys" or whatever and it's all performative.

Anyway, this gender stuff is something I find super uncomfortable. Especially because it seems to be a bunch of people overlooking basic common sense just to appear "inclusive". it's so dangerous. There's a trans non binary person in my work. They are a man, but present as female. The topic of dating came up in our work the other day. One of my friends in work is a lesbian and got asked if she would date a trans woman. She said no, as it wasn't a thing against trans people but that she didn't like penis. The non binary person got super offended and started lecturing. No one said anything, for fear of losing their job. The girl ended up saying she understood. After the person left, we all started talking about it and saying how pathetic it was and no one agreed with him at all. We all just do what he wants to keep him from going to managers in case we lose our jobs. This is what its like. A random single person can control a whole work place, just by choosing to decide he is now a female. I notice as well that a lot of them seem to be narcissistic and that's because those people can see how easily these other people control everyone now so just decide to group in with them in order to feel like special.

One time I argued with someone on twitter about this. They accused me of being white. They were from the US and when I told them I was a poc, they then decided to start insulting the fact that I was british and probably ' ate everything with baked beans'. Honestly, these people are pathetic. Not to mention council dinners are actually what I was brought up on coming from a poor family and making fun of stuff like that is rooted in classism and also is extremely insulting, but that's a whole other argument. These people don't care if you're POC, if you're gay, if you're even trans, they will always try and put you down because it's a game to them. There is always another person who is more oppressed than them.

Also I'm so uncomfy when I'm at university and trans stuff is brought up. There are so many groups of people who identify as it and it's not ok. It's weird how all of them look the same, usually large with short cut hair, not attractive and are using this label as a way to appeal to others, but it's funny how most people I talk to don't like it but we all have to agree to it when they are around because of the control they have, it's just so weird

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

Glaschelle

VIP Member
This might have been mentioned in the previous thread, but the Emily Bridges interview start off quite oddly - it's as if it begins in the middle of a question

The interviewer seems to say that Emily (I think referring to when they were Zach) had lost their funding for cycling. The interviewer basically asks if this was a factor - Emily says no - they were already coming out to family.

But it's the implication - they couldn't cut it as a male cyclist so here they are trying their hand as a female cyclist!!!

Either way they didn't convince me.

I just wish somebody would tell these trans athletes that in the words of the rolling stones - you can't always get what you want!!! Maybe you can live your life as your 'true, authentic self' but you just can't be a competitive cyclist.

Why can't they accept that life is a series of compromises.

Same as the transmen who get pregnant!!! Youre not any sort of man - you're a definately a woman!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
I was looking at period poverty online. I had a look at Bloody Good Period, charity set up to address period poverty. I was shocked to see absolutely no mention of females, women, or girls on their website - we are reduced to "people who bleed". What a disgrace.

I sent them an email saying that they have erased women and girls in a rush to be inclusive, presumably in an effort to not offend female-bodied trans men and TRA's.
Erasing women and girls in a website about menstruation, shameful 😟

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Notworthy

VIP Member
An update on my gym situation. The manager spoke to the TiM, explained the law and showed them the options. The TiM only used the lockers in the ladies changing room so he could use the lockers in the hall, the disabled shower/changing room right next door to the ladies or the mixed changing room downstairs and unsurprisingly the TiM had a hissy fit and cancelled their membership. Tells me all I need to know about his actual agenda

• Heart
Reactions: 41

holliebollie

Chatty Member
I’m having a moment with my daughter and found she had made a tik tok of herself with the caption- ‘my mum is such a feminist… until it comes to transwomen’. I haven’t even brought it up as we aren’t speaking (mature, I know) but I want to shake her and say, ‘No I’m not a feminist for transwomen aka FUCKING MEN?!’ Aghghhhhhgg. No idea how to even broach it, probably won’t but i’m genuinely upset and fucked off about it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 41

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Gender is simply a set of expectations around how males and females are supposed to act and present themselves. Nothing more, nothing less.

When people wedded to gender ideology talk about gender being this mystical essence, separate to biological sex, they just mean personality or aesthetic.

Ergo it’s all bollocks. Be a masculine presenting woman or a feminine presenting man. Dress however you like. Just stop destroying your bodies with hormones and surgeries and stop fucking around with children’s minds and bodies.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

petitspois

VIP Member
Even before I educated myself in this area I always thought it was a weird mix to lump trans people in with LGB. Why are same-sex attracted people being grouped with people with a serious mental health condition or autogynephilia?

• Heart
Reactions: 39

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I don’t know if I’m overthinking, saying something obvious that’s already been said, or just talking crap:

With all the examples of leaflets and guidance, particularly in the NHS, it’s the lines for women that are being blurred by language. There’s men (strictly defined) and then “other” lumped together with women.

The same is also happening with sexuality. There’s straight (strictly defined), and then “other” lumped together under the trans umbrella.

The same is also happening with race. There’s white (strictly defined), and then there’s “other”, defined as ‘BAME’.

The “others” are just that: others, “doesn’t matter what you really are (and don’t really care tbh) you go in the ‘other’ pile.”

The three things that remain defined are: Straight, white, men.

I did think that anyway but I just came across BAME which I’ve had an aversion to anyway and then it all just sort of linked. Does anyone else think that?

• Heart
Reactions: 38

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
@Our Cilla. My son is quite woke and when I mentioned the furore around the swimmer Lia Thomas one afternoon, my son said something like "Oh god, please don't tell me that you're a terf". I was quite shocked but kept my cool and explained exactly how the current transgender movement would affect someone like his grandmother (my mum), who is currently undergoing treatment for a terminal illness. As I told him, it would not be acceptable for her, an elderly woman, to have a man attending to her intimate needs in hospital, for instance. I explained how we had spent time in women's changing-rooms when shopping for outfits, and how uncomfortable she (and I for that matter) would feel if there were men in there. I asked him how he thinks she would feel if there was a man in a women's toilet when she was using it? And then I asked him if he felt that it was acceptable for his sister, or his young nieces to be faced with penises when using the women's changing-rooms in the local swimming pool.

Young people can be very idealistic about this ideology, but they don't always understand the real life impact that it has on actual women and girls. It's all very well to be seen to celebrate "gender diversity" when you're in a nightclub, or at a parade, it's not so great when your 4 year old daughter is being indoctrinated by "drag queens" at a library story-telling session.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Glortard

VIP Member
Julie Bindel taking Nottingham City council to court after they banned her from a library where she was going to give a talk on the increasing threat of male domestic violence and rape. She was doing the talk for free in a library which is slated for closure in a deprived area. All the tickets had been sold.
Like it or not this is why the likes of the daily mail and the telegraph both labelled right wing are crucial in getting this out there.

• Angry
  • Heart

rainbowtapirs

Chatty Member
I’m so sorry some of you are having issues with your daughters supporting TRAs, and I’m hoping this will maybe be of some comfort/reassurance to you that not all hope is lost:

I’m 24, left wing and largely surrounded by the “TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN!!!!!” brigade and was even one of them until recently. I really think the tide’s turning; it’s gone from mild courtesies such as going along with someone’s preferred pronouns to absolute extremism like implying same sex attraction is transphobic, and the removal of the word ‘woman’ from the NHS website etc.

Like we saw with Owen Jones the other day, if you don’t say the party line, even if it’s objectively untrue, you’re immediately attacked - I think that black and white thinking actually eventually pushes people who otherwise would’ve considered themselves allies away - that’s what it did to me. Now that non-women are being allowed in our spaces, it’ll likely become obvious with time exactly why they shouldn’t be there. Perhaps it’s too late then, but still. Also, now that doctors mutilating children is seen as progressive, it’s only a matter of time before there’s a complete crisis and even more evidence comes out about the unethical nature of it all (and stuff’s already coming out).

I think trying to appease and be kind to the oppressor both consciously and subconsciously is a defence mechanism women and girls use - we feel out of control, we can’t physically fight them, so our only option is to placate them. I think liberal feminism has also been going out of fashion recently… a lot of women seem to be realising that pretending you’re okay with/embracing patriarchal standards for women isn’t liberating, it’s just playing into the hands of your oppressor and their quality of life is worse as a result.

There’s far more of an expectation for women to ‘be kind,’ so I’m not surprised a lot of us have a knee jerk reaction the second we’re told we’re bigots instead of truly questioning what’s going on, but I do think women will notice with time. Hopefully enough women will wake up before it’s too late, but please know it’s not completely hopeless - I spent ages trying to suppress my own thoughts out of shame because I thought I was a bigot, and maybe some of your daughters are doing the same and that’s why their reactions are so extreme.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
We may complain about this country - and there's a lot to complain about - but at least we control our guns and allow women access to healthcare.

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Not speaking up at work is not cowardly. Few people can afford to lose their jobs and livelihoods over this issue and I don’t think we should expect anyone to, especially with the current direction of employment law in this area. The best we can do IMO is resistance - no to pronouns in signatures, don’t engage when it’s voluntary events that you don’t have to attend, engage as little as possible when forced to attend (eg compulsory training). I’ve also filled in a few anonymous work surveys and the like (using a VPN just in case) expressing my discomfort with the prevalence and forcefulness of TRA attitudes at work, and that we haven't all been consulted/it's implied we all agree.

• Heart

rainbowtapirs

Chatty Member
Jesus Christ, German non binary model
View attachment 1334017
“Hi everyone, we’re a company that markets towards women and profits off patriarchal beauty standards! Here’s someone we’re using to virtue signal so we can appear progressive whilst also profiting off women conforming to conventional beauty standards! She doesn’t even know if the product’s good or not because she doesn’t shave, but she’s visibly chopped her tits off, so you know we’re one of the good guys in this capitalist hellscape!”

• Heart
  • Sad