Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's annoying how people can't see that calling women 'uterus owners', 'vagina owners', 'womb carriers', 'birthing bodies' and so on doesn't lead to the dehuminisation of them.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
I’m really shocked how little power the president seems to have. The Supreme Court runs the show and he’s relegated to the sidelines, unable to stop this massive impact upon women’s rights. Same for gun control.
Part of the issue is that until now abortion rights at the federal level rested purely on previous SCOTUS cases (Roe and also Casey). The Democrats should have, at some point in the last 50 years, codified abortion into federal law. They didn't/were unable to. That's why it can be overturned so easily by a SCOTUS case like Dobbs, and sent back to the states to decide.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/06/supreme-court-overturns-constitutional-right-to-abortion/ A good explainer of Dobbs for anyone curious.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's annoying how people can't see that calling women 'uterus owners', 'vagina owners', 'womb carriers', 'birthing bodies' and so on doesn't lead to the dehuminisation of them.
A female superwoke friend in the US posted last night about uterus havers and men.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm seeing so many transwomen on twitter saying that this is all the fault of TERFs... not of the majority men who have the power.

Yet again, anything that is anything is always the fault of women.

Time for an internet free few days.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Idk how it’s the fault of TERFs. To me TRAs are more to blame, who spent years now calling us womb havers and menstruators etc? Tying themselves in mental knots to prove it’s biologically possible, actually, for a man to be a woman because he says so. It’s literally no surprise that after dehumanising a group for so long that group’s rights are going to be lost. They contributed to this.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Women are trapped between right wing and left wing misogyny. Matt Walsh who knows what a woman is and that we have specific needs but thinks that motherhood is our destiny and abortion is evil. Or your Twittee TRA who supports abortion but sees women as sex objects that they should have the rights of access to.

Reactions: 33
It's nothing to do with Terfs or TRAs, that discussion is a red herring to distract us.

This is about MEN controlling WOMENS bodies and more specifically their sex lives. This is men punishing women for having sex.

The end.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Is this real? And does anyone have the full post - it’s been cut off by the person who tweeted it.
5BD294D9-7F48-4D42-9A82-F827FFACBBBE.png

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Idk how it’s the fault of TERFs. To me TRAs are more to blame, who spent years now calling us womb havers and menstruators etc? Tying themselves in mental knots to prove it’s biologically possible, actually, for a man to be a woman because he says so. It’s literally no surprise that after dehumanising a group for so long that group’s rights are going to be lost. They contributed to this.
Yes! Just look at the way the NARAL and Planned Parenthood twitter accounts avoid mentioning the word women! It's grim.

Is this real? And does anyone have the full post - it’s been cut off by the person who tweeted it. View attachment 1368490
In a way I'm not surprised - PP is very much a one issue activist. But still, if it's real it's a really bad take. :oops: We shouldn't need to 'set aside' any issue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Poise probably could have phrased that a little better to make it sound less like she is happy that abortion is no longer federally guaranteed in the US (which I doubt is her position, but it can certainly be interpreted that way) / happy to trade that right for blocking off the trans stuff elsewhere. Or just not said anything at all / “I’m British so I’m not concerned about laws in another country”.

Reactions: 3
Those poor women and girls in America having to deal with the overturn of Roe V Wade. My heart goes out to them.

A gun in America has more rights than women. It’s all pro life until you’re poor, black, have addiction issues, are gay etc

It’s a dark time, men can choose the definition of what a woman is and is now controlling what a woman can do with her own body.

Horrible horrible place to be. Land of the free and all that!
B237DDE1-FE46-4875-B3A0-E01B7F24F6F6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Someone here wrote something similar, but it stuck with me since, because how can you advocate for a group if you can’t even define what a woman is…the only thing these wokes can agree on, is that they don’t know what a woman is but a trans woman is definitely that, it completely discredits their arguments and makes them a laughing stock.

Am I the only one who thinks tweets like this are ridiculous? If it wouldn’t be a reaction to what‘s going on, I wouldn’t even be able to comprehend what they want with it
E26EDBD3-764A-4A01-B4BE-F72C0160FBF2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Someone her wrote something similar but it stuck with me since then because how can you advocate for a group if you can’t even define what is a woman…the only thing these wokes can agree on is that they’re don’t know what a woman is but a trans woman is definitely that, it completely discredits their arguments and makes them a laughing stock.

Am I the only one who thinks tweets like this are ridiculous? If it wouldn’t be a reaction to what‘s going on, I wouldn’t even be able to comprehend what they want with it
View attachment 1368633
They know, all of them, deep down, they contributed to this. They erased the language used to talk about women's reproductive rights. So they post nonsense tit to deflect, yet again, from their clown like arguments. They can all get to duck, I am fuming about the whole process, from start to finish. First erase the language, then erase the rights.

Reactions: 21
Someone her wrote something similar but it stuck with me since then because how can you advocate for a group if you can’t even define what is a woman…the only thing these wokes can agree on is that they’re don’t know what a woman is but a trans woman is definitely that, it completely discredits their arguments and makes them a laughing stock.

View attachment 1368633
Literally all they do is throw the same buzzwords like “poor” “queer” “trans” etc around to make points that don’t mean anything. Any young person that goes on Twitter and sees this tweet with 190k likes and sees those same buzzwords is automatically gonna hit like in support without even knowing what the duck anyone is talking about

don’t get me wrong, I am against the decision as well but why is it always oppression points instead of just hey, this sucks for women

I saw a podcast the other day where a woman said “it’s like a pyramid and they all want to be at the top. Straight, white cis men are at the bottom. And black, trans, queer disabled people at the top. So what young person who wants to be cool and liked is gonna accept being at the bottom. They’re gonna say they’re non binary and be like see I’m not at the bottom! Don’t hate me.” Such a good point cos that is genuinely what is going on

Reactions: 19
I'm seeing so many transwomen on twitter saying that this is all the fault of TERFs... not of the majority men who have the power.

Yet again, anything that is anything is always the fault of women.

Time for an internet free few days.
Remember these people are insane and do not reflect the views of the majority of people.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.