Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Big dilemma I really don't know who to vote for. As a lifelong Labour supporter I cannot in my heart of hearts vote for a party that refuses to define what a Woman is. We have local elections and the doorknockers are out again this time Labour. I started with asking the simple question what is a Woman? She looked down at her little socks and sandals, went a boiled shite colour, and gulped and proceeded to tell me all about genders and people having the right to be gender fluid. Then she kept on mixing Gender up with Sex. I told her you cannot change the sex you are born with and and that there are only biological men and woman and tried to educate her re men with penises etc, safe spaces, etc etc but she walked away saying she couldn't argue with someone like me!! I really really don't want to waste my vote but FFS who deserves my vote?

Edited for typos

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Iā€™m having a moment with my daughter and found she had made a tik tok of herself with the caption- ā€˜my mum is such a feministā€¦ until it comes to transwomenā€™. I havenā€™t even brought it up as we arenā€™t speaking (mature, I know) but I want to shake her and say, ā€˜No Iā€™m not a feminist for transwomen aka bleeping MEN?!ā€™ Aghghhhhhgg. No idea how to even broach it, probably wonā€™t but iā€™m genuinely upset and fucked off about it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Disgusting šŸ˜” all I see are some angry men threatening women for daring to have a meeting šŸ˜¤
bleeping misogynistic deluded wankers.
Why aren't the police doing more to protect women from men intimidating them?
The police should be arresting them for threatening behaviour. By doing nothing they are enabling these dangerous boys who may go the next step and actually asault Women.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh my god, I donā€™t envy you that. I think if you say anything directly sheā€™ll just shut down and become more entrenched than ever, so if possible can you totally ignore it and then go on a bit of low-level peaking exercise?

Reactions: 10
The police should be arresting them for threatening behaviour. By doing nothing they are enabling these dangerous boys who may go the next step and actually asault Women.
Apparently theyā€™ve now followed them to the pub and are saying theyā€™ll get them when the police leave. Anyone know any other oppressed groups who can walk around in masks and openly threaten people in public?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Big dilemma I really don't know who to vote for. As a lifelong Labour supporter I cannot in my heart of hearts vote for a party that refuses to define what a Woman is. We have local elections and the doorknockers are out again this time Labour. I started with asking the simple question what is a Woman? She looked down at her little socks and sandals, went a boiled shite colour, and gulped and proceeded to tell me all about genders and people having the right to be gender fluid. Then she kept on mixing Gender up with Sex. I told her you cannot change the sex you are born with and and that there are only biological men and woman and tried to educate her re men with penises etc, safe spaces, etc etc but she walked away saying she couldn't argue with someone like me!! I really really don't want to waste my vote but FFS who deserves my vote?

Edited for typos

You could spoil your vote and write on your card about womenā€¦ not that itā€™ll do much I know but I canā€™t bring myself to vote for any of them either. None of them deserve my vote and theyā€™re all much of a muchness.

@holliebollie that sounds really hard and Iā€™m dreading that kind of thing with my daughter. Trouble is teens and young people think they know EVERYTHING and the more you argue the more they think youā€™re wrong/a dinosaur. Itā€™s so tricky

Reactions: 13
Iā€™m having a moment with my daughter and found she had made a tik tok of herself with the caption- ā€˜my mum is such a feministā€¦ until it comes to transwomenā€™. I havenā€™t even brought it up as we arenā€™t speaking (mature, I know) but I want to shake her and say, ā€˜No Iā€™m not a feminist for transwomen aka bleeping MEN?!ā€™ Aghghhhhhgg. No idea how to even broach it, probably wonā€™t but iā€™m genuinely upset and fucked off about it.
I feel for you there Hols, that's a difficult situation.
I think I would leave it till things improve between you and your daughter and you're speaking again, I'm sure she'll want to raise feminism with you at some point in the future.

Then I'd calmly start at the end result of the TWAW ideology - which is all men being allowed to access all of Womens safe places, eg DV shelters, prisons, hospitals, SA services.
Would your daughter want herself or her friends to be placed at risk from biological men if they were using these services? Is this an acceptable risk at such a vulnerable point in a woman's life?

I wish you good luck, love and best wishes šŸ˜˜

Reactions: 14
The guy without the glasses looks like the cat that caught the canary.

I love how these people are all often "ACAB, defund the police, abolish all prisons" but are more than happy to have the police help them opress uppity women.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
The guy without the glasses looks like the cat that caught the canary.

I love how these people are all often "ACAB, defund the police, abolish all prisons" but are more than happy to have the police help them opress uppity women.
That's really scary for the women and the police should be arresting these bastards for threatening behaviour.
These cunts don't even dress as women šŸ˜’

• Angry
Reactions: 17
They are just cunts, out to cause trouble.

They jump on any passing bandwagon to enable their troublemaking anarchy.

They are cunts.

• Angry
Reactions: 19

Here's a video of the Bristol meeting
The behaviour of the 'traniban' or 'black pampers' is absolutely vile.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Where is the proof that this is part of an ideological capture to say that men can become pregnant ?

i will bet any money that it is a Ā« one size fits all form Ā» and it is expected that everyone fill out every question so that any and all potential liabilities arising from the process are covered so the blood people are covered. Itā€™s not gender ideology, itā€™s liability insurance. All questions must be answered and by the person in question, in case there are any problems further down the line.

now, they could have two separate forms, but that would then increase the potential for misgendering bollocks and the uproar (and potential liability, because what happens if pregnant Freddy M takes the man form whilst pregnant, doesnā€™t answer that question, and Fredā€™s blood contains hormones that are unsuitable for blood transfusions - I assume that is the issue with the question ) that arises from that.

itā€™s not a hard question to answer. It doesnā€™t put him in a difficult spot. He hasnā€™t been pregnant in the last six months. It is not suggesting that men can get pregnant. It is certainly not forcing him to believe that men can get pregnant. He could tick Ā« no Ā» with absolutely no thought whatsoever and not advance the cause of gender ideology one iota.

Itā€™s a blithering idiot not understanding that administrative efficiency and liability are driving this set-up, not gender ideology, and thatā€™s what makes him a stupid gammon. No thought to the why, just the Ā« blimey, itā€™s mad! Ā». Itā€™s the same as when TRAs get all offended about some utter bollocks. My Dadā€™s a similar age and Iā€™d be embarrassed if he made a fuss about this in the blood centre, much less going whole Daily Mail Ā« sad / outraged face Ā» to the nation.
Robbie De Santos Director of Communications and External affairs for Stonewall was on the steering committee that came up with this new form. Previous forms had separate male and separate female questions on the same form. Now its miniscule in the grand scheme but its yet more evidence that language in the NHS is being driven by Stonewall. Have your disdain for the Daily Mail but they are one of the few papers that day in day out are breaking stories (and supporting) about gender ideology. They already have the story about Bristol up but you can bet the likes of BBC, Guardian etc will not be going near that yet.

• Heart
Thanks for the supportā€¦ I just canā€™t even bring myself to start the conversation which I know is burying my head in the sand. I donā€™t care if she put it on tiktok or not, itā€™s the fact that she even thinks I SHOULD include TIMs in feminism thatā€™s pissing me off šŸ¤Æ Not sure anyone remembers but a while back I wrote about her crying as some girls at school had done a presentation on why trans athletes shouldnā€™t be in female sports. She said, oh so you agree with them? I said yes and that was the end of conversation. First I moan about my bf not understanding and now her, bloody hell šŸ¤£

• Heart
  • Sad
Dame Kelly for lesbian visibility :)

How many people will try and suggest sheā€™s ACTUALLY a man coz she likes sports and fancies girls?? šŸ‘©ā€ā¤ļøā€šŸ’‹ā€šŸ‘©

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Thanks for the supportā€¦ I just canā€™t even bring myself to start the conversation which I know is burying my head in the sand. I donā€™t care if she put it on tiktok or not, itā€™s the fact that she even thinks I SHOULD include TIMs in feminism thatā€™s pissing me off šŸ¤Æ Not sure anyone remembers but a while back I wrote about her crying as some girls at school had done a presentation on why trans athletes shouldnā€™t be in female sports. She said, oh so you agree with them? I said yes and that was the end of conversation. First I moan about my bf not understanding and now her, bloody hell šŸ¤£
There's a good chance she'll come around with age; when she's got more real life experience and is interacting with a wider range of people (in beliefs and in age).

Reactions: 10
Is this something you could initiate a chat about? Maybe not the Tik Tok as that might feel invasive (i.e. that you've seen it) but the whole thing. I have a young teenage relative who was posting a lot of TRA type nonsense on Instagram and I sat her down one time and talked about it at length. Let her ask questions and just gave her the honest answers. Teenagers are very impressionable, that one chat I had peaked her, I've advised her not to get into discussing it at school in case she's discriminated against or something but she doesn't post that stuff anymore and she now sometimes sends me articles about the sport issue saying how ridiculous it is etc. If your daughter doesn't want to talk about it it might still help her to know that you're there and ready to discuss if she does ever want to, maybe a gentle reminder about people having different views etc? I'm not a parent so I could be talking rubbish but worth a try maybe

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.