Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact that some transwomen think misogyny is an intersecting form of oppression they face is utterly ludicrous. Transwomen definitely do face harassment and bigotry, but it’s more because it’s extremely clear they’re male in the vast majority of cases and don’t live up to archaic gender roles - the exact sort of vitriol is also directed at obviously gay or flamboyant men. Other times they encounter people who just hate trans people, or they’re in situations that are likely to be abusive anywayVery, very few of them face any words/actions with misogynistic intent because the vast majority of people can tell they’re not female, and generally the type of person who goes round harassing women probably doesn’t consider them women.

Transmen, however, do deal with misogyny because, surprise surprise, it’s not something you can identify out of. The ones who don’t successfully pass as male get the same abuse that women get for not being close enough to whatever men think they should be, and even the ones who do pass still have to deal with laws about womens’ bodies and medical misogyny.

Overall that bingo card’s hilarious - they can’t help but tell on themselves. I’ll never understand how they convince themselves they’re in the right when they’re expressing untrue and/or bigoted ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The fact that some transwomen think misogyny is an intersecting form of oppression they face is utterly ludicrous. Transwomen definitely do face harassment and bigotry, but it’s more because it’s extremely clear they’re male in the vast majority of cases and don’t live up to archaic gender roles - the exact sort of vitriol is also directed at obviously gay or flamboyant men. Other times they encounter people who just hate trans people, or they’re in situations that are likely to be abusive anywayVery, very few of them face any words/actions with misogynistic intent because the vast majority of people can tell they’re not female, and generally the type of person who goes round harassing women probably doesn’t consider them women.

Transmen, however, do deal with misogyny because, surprise surprise, it’s not something you can identify out of. The ones who don’t successfully pass as male get the same abuse that women get for not being close enough to whatever men think they should be, and even the ones who do pass still have to deal with laws about womens’ bodies and medical misogyny.

Overall that bingo card’s hilarious - they can’t help but tell on themselves. I’ll never understand how they convince themselves they’re in the right when they’re expressing untrue and/or bigoted ideas.
I really hate the way they insist they're women, but that even if they weren't, they'd still be affected by misogyny. I've seen them compare it to Sikh people being attacked because they were mistaken for Muslims or the same sex couple attacked on a bus in London because they were perceived as lesbians (they're both bisexual).

First of all, yes, it's possible to be mistaken for an oppressed group (or a different oppressed group) when you're not, and face prejudice because of it. But it still doesn't make you a member of that group. And few if any transwomen actually look like women. If targeted for abuse, it's usually because they're assumed to be gay. Or when they say "I get sexually harassed because I'm a woman" - if you are being sexually harassed, it's by men that are open to or looking for a transwoman, and who are not straight

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Only listened to about the first 20 minutes but already a good listen - they are talking about the income received from a lifetime of drugs is over a million (obviously this is the US)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes, I am overcome with jealousy. I'd genuinely love this level of confidence and self-delusion.
They could’ve just identified themselves as a cross dresser without having to be trans. But perhaps because they don’t want to be labeled as mentally ill? Since transvestism is in the DSM V, namely Transvestic Disorder, hence the decision to just come out as trans instead

Reactions: 10
It sounds like your BIL has felt moved to feel special during PrideTrans month, I wonder if he has been indoctrinated by social media.
I think that social media's the 1/2 of it. It encourages all this lunacy.

Reactions: 14
An update on my gym situation. The manager spoke to the TiM, explained the law and showed them the options. The TiM only used the lockers in the ladies changing room so he could use the lockers in the hall, the disabled shower/changing room right next door to the ladies or the mixed changing room downstairs and unsurprisingly the TiM had a hissy fit and cancelled their membership. Tells me all I need to know about his actual agenda

• Heart
Reactions: 41
An update on my gym situation. The manager spoke to the TiM, explained the law and showed them the options. The TiM only used the lockers in the ladies changing room so he could use the lockers in the hall, the disabled shower/changing room right next door to the ladies or the mixed changing room downstairs and unsurprisingly the TiM had a hissy fit and cancelled their membership. Tells me all I need to know about his actual agenda
Well rid of, then. 😎

Reactions: 18
I'm sure he's raging on social media as we speak 😂.

I don't even use the ladies changing rooms in the gym, I use the lockers outside because I run home and shower there. As you say, speaks volumes about his agenda.

Reactions: 17
I'm sure he's raging on social media as we speak 😂.

I don't even use the ladies changing rooms in the gym, I use the lockers outside because I run home and shower there. As you say, speaks volumes about his agenda.
I'm now the horrible terfy bigot, quite shocking when we were discussing it the changing room today how many women were making excuses for them. This is a gym within a Secondary school. I made a few points about the number of people on female prisons guilty of rape, how many TiMs are getting women of the year in their industries after transitioning aka claiming to be women on a whim etc. Hopefully some of them will go home and dig a bit deeper

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I was thinking about this last night. We can’t have a rule that says you can use the female toilets IF you ‘pass’ and you have had your dick removed, so best would be, stick to your sex. This obviously depends on the men in the men’s toilets not being violent/rapey towards the TIMs, which is not our problem to sort. Then I was thinking about Buck Angel (TIF)… (not sure why 😆), but if I saw them walking into a toilet, I would think he was a man and would hopefully be brave enough to challenge it. I would imagine Buck would use the male toilets and use a cubicle rather than be questioned by women. Anyway, what I’m saying is if a male was as ‘passing’ as Buck, they probably wouldn’t be noticeable in a toilet to question in the first place. Or do you think that TIMs generally DON’T pass well and you can always tell? Or is it only a tiny % of ANY trans person who actually fully passes? Saying all this, I’ve seen an interview with BA and just sounds like a very feminine man?? Like the voice doesn’t match the body at all!
2BAD6AC8-6CD1-4312-AE8F-C685D1253E78.jpeg

Reactions: 3
How can she not think it’s a big deal when her team, that were the women’s World Cup champions at the time, got beaten 5-2 by an under-15s local school boy’s team?
This is true although only a “scrimmage” apparentl.

Looking at the photo of that boy Tanner with members of the womens team (including Megan herself) I’m trying to work out the mystery of why they lost so heavily…

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Bit sad, had rather a crush on MR. (Am not a lesbian but there are one or two women I would have a go with).

Reactions: 1
There's so few of these people, and most of them are very vociferous and arguementative-making over this issue , deliberately. I don't see why the vast majority should be inconvenienced or have to bend over backwards to accept changes or compromises in their lives or safety.

That's life! Get on with it. Stop getting peoples backs up because you're a bleep- that's what I say ........... but not one of them would listen. I'd be the one called a bigoted bleep, etc .

Reactions: 15
I was thinking about this last night. We can’t have a rule that says you can use the female toilets IF you ‘pass’ and you have had your dick removed, so best would be, stick to your sex. This obviously depends on the men in the men’s toilets not being violent/rapey towards the TIMs, which is not our problem to sort. Then I was thinking about Buck Angel (TIF)… (not sure why 😆), but if I saw them walking into a toilet, I would think he was a man and would hopefully be brave enough to challenge it. I would imagine Buck would use the male toilets and use a cubicle rather than be questioned by women. Anyway, what I’m saying is if a male was as ‘passing’ as Buck, they probably wouldn’t be noticeable in a toilet to question in the first place. Or do you think that TIMs generally DON’T pass well and you can always tell? Or is it only a tiny % of ANY trans person who actually fully passes? Saying all this, I’ve seen an interview with BA and just sounds like a very feminine man?? Like the voice doesn’t match the body at all!
View attachment 1361360
Voice does not match the body - but he doesn’t pretend to be what he isn’t so fair play to him. I would also assume Buck uses the mens room in order to not make women uncomfortable.

Reactions: 9
That's a result.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.