Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clementine Ford is on instagram declaring herself a staunch feminist then stating her page is a TERF free zone and that she will not tolerate transphobia. Why are these women expending so much energy on men's rights?
She is the WORST.

Reactions: 7
Clementine Ford is on instagram declaring herself a staunch feminist then stating her page is a TERF free zone and that she will not tolerate transphobia. Why are these women expending so much energy on men's rights?
She sounds like she doesn't understand the World around her? A ' staunch feminist' but she wants her online things to be 'Terf' free?
It's an oxymoron.

Like her lolzzzzz

Reactions: 13
It makes you wonder how many of these so called doctors are getting off on sexually mutilating children. Could it be a fetish? None of this behaviour is therapeutic or life saving. What motivates these characters?

Reactions: 9
Reactions: 11
Perhaps it is answered and I missed it, but otherwise that’s just an old man being a twit. If they give out the same questionnaire to everyone, just tick ‘no’, give blood and enjoy your biscuit. Some of the questions might not apply, but it’s likely much more efficient for them to process just one type of form. Only if that was a questionnaire specifically for men is that problematic.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
A captured answer…..it’s not always apparent people’s sex and we need to be inclusive

How ridiculous! Surely it was obvious from his age alone, that he was unlikely to be pregnant! (And from his previous blood donation records!)

Let alone the fact that his sex was also apparent!

Reactions: 9
It makes you wonder how many of these so called doctors are getting off on sexually mutilating children. Could it be a fetish? None of this behaviour is therapeutic or life saving. What motivates these characters?
I’m not so sure fetishistic, but maybe sort of getting off on playing God? Not sure if that’s classed as a fetish though. But kind of like those people that want to be lizards, so have their tongue sliced into a fork, body modifications etc. If someone told me they wanted those sorts of surgeries I think they would be crazy and would not indulge and certainly not operate.

Reactions: 10
They should link it all through the NHS. Time for the tit show and imposters to have to have some tracking done on them. The NHS know that I got married and changed my name. The NHS need to stop changing the marker from male to female too.
I dont think they should link it via the NHS though. The criminal and health systems are currently separate surely because of data protection.

I dont necessarily want the two linked, imagine at birth all your medical records are linked to all your criminal records for the rest of your life, thats Big Brother from 1984, control in the extreme!

However there is a massive issue for the whole DBS system, if individuals are allowed to apply for one in their new name and birth certificate. I would hope that the application for a DBS police check would insist on going back to previous addresses and previous names ? I met someone in their 40s, whose DBS had brought up a conviction for shoplifting when they were 14!

Trouble is who is meant to be doing the DBS? If your employer pays for it, and applies for it on your behalf, then they (the person doing the DBS) will need to see all your documentation!

Reactions: 2
Perhaps it is answered and I missed it, but otherwise that’s just an old man being a twit. If they give out the same questionnaire to everyone, just tick ‘no’, give blood and enjoy your biscuit. Some of the questions might not apply, but it’s likely much more efficient for them to process just one type of form. Only if that was a questionnaire specifically for men is that problematic.
I've recently given blood and had to fill in the same form. There are lots of quite intrusive questions ("Have you ever had anal sex? Have you had sex with men who have sex with men?" etc, etc 😮)
including the pregnancy one, which is common for lots of medical procedures. I'm well past the child-bearing age, and I don't really like divulging details of my sex life to all and sundry, but it is what it is, and rather than have several different forms for men, young women, older women and whatever, this form is designed for everyone.

I work in a pregnancy clinic within a large health facility and we often get elderly folk wandering in, looking for their GP surgery, especially as the whole place has been moved around after the lockdown. Our lovely receptionist often says "I think you're in the wrong place, unless you're having a baby!" Everyone laughs it off, and we've never had anyone take offence. This guy is just moaning for the sake of it, just tick the box mate, and move on 🙄

Reactions: 18
I’m not so sure fetishistic, but maybe sort of getting off on playing God? Not sure if that’s classed as a fetish though. But kind of like those people that want to be lizards, so have their tongue sliced into a fork, body modifications etc. If someone told me they wanted those sorts of surgeries I think they would be crazy and would not indulge and certainly not operate.
And they'll get praise from colleagues and from thousands online for being so 'selfless' and woke. Look at the comments on that awful yeet the tweets woman's tiktok and Instagram - unlimited praise.

I've heard a lot of surgeons are very narcissistic so the praise would be intoxicating.

Reactions: 5
How ridiculous! Surely it was obvious from his age alone, that he was unlikely to be pregnant! (And from his previous blood donation records!)

Let alone the fact that his sex was also apparent!
I think he’s being pedantic as it’s a tick that takes not even half a second to do, but I’m sure previously they had specific questions listed “For male/female patients only:” though I guess with the obfuscation of language and gender identity you’d have people ticking the correct answers for the wrong questions and could cause all kinds of problems. It’s all a mess really.

Reactions: 7
I've recently given blood and had to fill in the same form. There are lots of quite intrusive questions ("Have you ever had anal sex? Have you had sex with men who have sex with men?" etc, etc 😮)
including the pregnancy one, which is common for lots of medical procedures. I'm well past the child-bearing age, and I don't really like divulging details of my sex life to all and sundry, but it is what it is, and rather than have several different forms for men, young women, older women and whatever, this form is designed for everyone.

I work in a pregnancy clinic within a large health facility and we often get elderly folk wandering in, looking for their GP surgery, especially as the whole place has been moved around after the lockdown. Our lovely receptionist often says "I think you're in the wrong place, unless you're having a baby!" Everyone laughs it off, and we've never had anyone take offence. This guy is just moaning for the sake of it, just tick the box mate, and move on 🙄
The last few times I've given blood they've asked if I've had anal/chemsex.

Reactions: 2
I think he’s being pedantic as it’s a tick that takes not even half a second to do, but I’m sure previously they had specific questions listed “For male/female patients only:” though I guess with the obfuscation of language and gender identity you’d have people ticking the correct answers for the wrong questions and could cause all kinds of problems. It’s all a mess really.
They definitely did used to have sex based questions

Shame that for the minority that want to deny their biological reality they have changed the whole form

Reactions: 6
So I won't be voting Lib Dem anytime soon. I just asked the door knocker to be determine what a Woman is......... he said its anybody that identifies as a woman. I told him Woman are Adult Born Females he went on to say "you probably won't be voting for us then'. I said I wouldn't be voting for a party that didn't know basic human biology. He was saying its the" moral thing to do" to support this put upon minority he left with me shouting Woman are Adult Born Females after him.Hey HO guess all my neighbours know where I stand now!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
So I won't be voting Lib Dem anytime soon. I just asked the door knocker to be determine what a Woman is......... he said its anybody that identifies as a woman. I told him Woman are Adult Born Females he went on to say "you probably won't be voting for us then'. I said I wouldn't be voting for a party that didn't know basic human biology. He was saying its the" moral thing to do" to support this put upon minority he left with me shouting Woman are Adult Born Females after him.Hey HO guess all my neighbours know where I stand now!!
Well done you 👏

Reactions: 14
He’s a prolific blood donor though, so something must have changed about the form for him to kick off like that. Or maybe he’d always skipped the question in the past, and only this time did he have a staff member scan his answers and insist he answer the question. Forcing both parties to participate in some kind of insane role play in which it’s possible for a 66 year old man to be pregnant.

Reactions: 19
He’s a prolific blood donor though, so something must have changed about the form for him to kick off like that. Or maybe he’d always skipped the question in the past, and only this time did he have a staff member scan his answers and insist he answer the question. Forcing both parties to participate in some kind of insane role play in which it’s possible for a 66 year old man to be pregnant.
I assumed that presumably due to the pandemic he hadn't donated for over 2 years so had to answer them.

Reactions: 1

Yeah agreed. I think he picked the wrong form to take a stand on. I've been asked many times on forms if I'm pregnant and I just tick no. It's an impossibility for me to be pregnant, but like you say, it's clearly just to avoid having lots of different forms which makes processes overly complex and more expensive.

When I had my flu jab the pharmacist asked me the questions on his computer rather than getting me to fill out a form. He said "you're not pregnant, are you?" and we both just had a laugh about it (I think I said "not that I'm aware of"). Some people aren't happy unless they're having a whinge. :D

I think they're just covering themselves. I used to work in an admin role that involved processing forms (not NHS) and we couldn't accept them if all the information wasn't complete. Making assumptions wasn't allowed, just in case a customer made a complaint in the future and said we hadn't done what they'd wanted.

Unfortunately "oh we just assumed" wouldn't have stood up and you'd have got in trouble for it.

As a compromise he could have written 'N/A' across the answer and I'm sure they'd have been OK with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.