Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trans people are obsessed with genocide. I'm not sure if they want to be victims of genocide so bad that they've become delusional and think they are, or it's just a very conscious effort (manipulation) to secure their ultra victim status.
Funny you should ask, because apparently it’s a phenomenon called phobia indoctrination and it’s common in cults. Longish thread but really interesting.

Every day is a school day on GC Twitter. It explains so much about TRA hyperbole - why you always hear people saying trans people are being “denied their existence”, are at extreme risk of being murdered in broad daylight etc etc.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Funny you should ask, because apparently it’s a phenomenon called phobia indoctrination and it’s common in cults. Longish thread but really interesting.

Every day is a school day on GC Twitter. It explains so much about TRA hyperbole - why you always hear people saying trans people are being “denied their existence”, are at extreme risk of being murdered in broad daylight etc etc.
Ooh interesting! I've never heard of this before.

Reactions: 5
Ooh interesting! I've never heard of this before.
Me neither until yesterday! That’s why I’m so grateful to all the brilliant feminists sharing this knowledge - it really brings the gender cult into focus for what it is.

Reactions: 13
I swear groups like that have a text book emailed to them with stock replies, as they sound like clones with their accusations. They're draining and it's one of the many reasons I avoid Twitter like the plague now.
Me too, I’ve left Twitter. It’s just a school playground for grown adults who should all know better. I’m not missing it and have gained so much time back!!

Reactions: 9
God, even as not-a-woman so not anything like as angry about the erasure that is so frustrating - does that now mean 1.5% of women ? Or 3% of women but only 1.5% of people (given a roughly 50/50 sex split for ease of calculation) ? How is making things unnecessarily complicated better ?

Reactions: 16
Me too, I’ve left Twitter. It’s just a school playground for grown adults who should all know better. I’m not missing it and have gained so much time back!!
I've almost left it, but every once in a while I like to use it for views on current affairs, but usually lighthearted things like TV programmes or films.

A friend gave me a tip recently to change my profile to private. That way if I want to reply to a stranger I'd need to either follow them (not going to happen) or take my profile off private which requires effort. I find it removes any temptation to make any hasty replies that would likely lead to an argument.

Reactions: 9
I have no idea what this means. What’s a cover up partnership?
'Lavender marriages' were marriages arranged between male/female parties where one or both partners were gay. The marriage made them look 'respectable' - so for instance Rock Hudson was married off to a secretary at the film studio so Rock could still appeal to his female fans and look heterosexual. I thought these arrangements had died out but apparently not.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Awful and tragic. People are going to feel awkward and not safe. Gender netural toilets are not something even I would want to use and I am a male who's used to Saturday nights in a club or bar women coming in the gents to use cubicles so they don't have to queue as much.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Awful and tragic. People are going to feel awkward and not safe. Gender netural toilets are not something even I would want to use and I am a male who's used to Saturday nights in a club or bar women coming in the gents to use cubicles so they don't have to queue as much.

It even looks bleeping ridiculous almost like a parody - “INCLUSIVE”

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

I agree. I've spent my adult life sharing unisex loos with gay blokes in gay clubs so it's not some personal pearl clutching, but in environments like this it's totally inappropriate. Imagine sending kids to the toilet (who you'd feel confident sending into the ladies') and them walking in to some grown man having a piss - most men I know would also be incredibly uncomfortable with this. So who is it benefiting?

Reactions: 24
I agree. I've spent my adult life sharing unisex loos with gay blokes in gay clubs so it's not some personal pearl clutching, but in environments like this it's totally inappropriate. Imagine sending kids to the toilet (who you'd feel confident sending into the ladies') and them walking in to some grown man having a piss - most men I know would also be incredibly uncomfortable with this. So who is it benefiting?
The pervs and the men that hate women. Also, the only way to stop this is a blanket no.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I recently saw a post that really pissed me off along the lines of "it's wrong to gatekeep people and say they're not part of an oppressed group, when they are clearly subject to that oppression. If someone is subjected to anti-Black racism, you shouldn't say they're not Black enough because they're mixed / light skinned. If someone is sexually assaulted because she is perceived as a woman, who are you to say she isn't a woman?" Pretty sure it was referring to Meghan Markle and whether she should be considered Black, but it still pissed me off. First of all, don't use any form of racism to make transactivism look legitimate. Also, with a few exceptions, most transwomen are very visibly men. If they're being sexually assaulted, violently attacked, discriminated against, etc. it's because of homophobia or a desire to enforce social roles ("men should be X and women should be Y") - not because they are actually women

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.