Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you’re referring to the Middle East, I’m not from there and I don’t live in a violent misogynistic surroundings. If it’s violent I’d be dead by now in the hands of any other men around me because I have access to the internet, gossiping (which is sinful). Apparently I also can’t attain higher education, and would be sold to a man 50 years older than me, which is not the case.

If your knowledge about other religion that is alien to you is from the media, I suggest go check academic journal articles from every POV possible to reduce favouritism and bias from different authors

I can also say the same about other religions that are not well discussed because most would reject the idea but I won’t say a thing because itd be inappropriate to say about something I have no experience in 🙂 (wasn’t raised to be [put whatever religion you want here], didn’t read their book, didn’t practice their rituals)
I stated islam and not the middle east. The literal use of my descriptions would make many a TRA proud. If people say Mexico is a violent country that is not disputed as 10'000s of people have been killed and there are many no go areas. That does not mean the whole of Mexico is violent and you would die if you lived there. Why you are also stating about education and getting sold to older men when no one has mentioned this is beyond me. Islam is where Catholicism was in the middle ages. It is violent religion as it is the main reason for numerous conflicts that is happening right now as well as followers being violent such as blasphemy laws that are enacted.

Any list you look at for countries based upon their rights for woman the bottom 30-40 on that list is populated by countries where Islam is in the majority. No country in the top 50 has islam as a majority religion.

Just to be clear that does not mean other religions are perfect. Catholicism was terrible at dealing with child abuse and dealing with mothers in Ireland. The more people say they are a Christian the chances are they will be pretty intolerant of a lot of different groups.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Are those countries have the same ratio of civilians compared to the top 50 countries? Are these countries poor? Historically speaking I won’t mention the reason because it’d be offensive.

and yes people rallied saying “this is not my religion” though not in an exact quote isn’t known because it’s not televised internationally. I don’t even know what news being transmitted in the local news of a country only 2 hours from my own location. Can’t say their own people didn’t try to do something about any issues that they have in mind. Why would I say they didn’t do anything about it? I don’t live there let alone know their language to cast judgment over them.

some are violent, yes I agree like ISIS (though it was orchestrated by the US) but generalising the whole religion as violent would be only fair if other religions are also being generalised over something negative

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The US liberal god Barack Obama campaigned on putting this amendment in the constitution. He had the numbers to do it too - however when he got into office he changed his mind and never mentioned it again.
I wonder if he was concerned it would lose him support among some of his voter base. The majority of black Americans describe themselves as Christian. It would be interesting to know how many are also anti-abortion.

Reactions: 3
In this country at least abuse of women and girls by Muslim men happens often enough for us to want to talk about it, just like it happens within the Catholic Church and within polygamous offshoots of the Mormon faith in the US. There’s been plenty of publicity about those and they’ve been covered for countless documentaries. No religion should be free from criticism but the left leaning press in the UK do seem afraid to cover it and some authorities seem afraid to deal with certain problematic behaviours within communities because they are afraid of being called out as ‘phobic’. This enabled situations like those in Rotherham for instance to carry on for far too long, because the police and social services were too afraid to deal with the abuse that was happening because it was culturally sensitive. That’s what ‘these feminists’ are talking about.
We can and should be able to address these issues and trying to shut discussion down by using the exact same techniques that TRA’s use when they say ‘those aren’t real Transwomen’ is not going to work.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Me too. It seems an odd set up as the Supreme Court seems to wield all the power?
The supreme Court exists to protect the constitution and that means even the president is subject to the court's authority, which when trump was president people would probably have thought was a good thing. All it has done is rule that abortion was never a federal issue and power to decide on it is democratically where it belongs on a state level.

Reactions: 4
Again, because the media is in the UK. Our local media here often buzzing with people complaining about how problematic Islam is (any kind of problems, you name it) on a daily basis but it’s not being covered by international media. It’s not important because the news are from a developing country controlled by the US.

Same as the previous posters, I will also not continue about the discussion. I am just flabbergasted about the comments when they don’t certainly live as a Muslim in a Muslim country and generalise the whole population and discredit those out of the curve bells (Which is a bit of a cherry picking, I must say) as if our peaceful existence as Muslim is non existent. As a Muslim woman I have my rights protected, and my country, with its numerous problems, still doesn’t allow those sharia laws most people are scared about
)

Again, because the media is in the UK. Our local media here often buzzing with people complaining about how problematic Islam is (any kind of problems, you name it) on a daily basis but it’s not being covered by international media. It’s not important because the news are from a developing country controlled by the US.

Same as the previous posters, I will also not continue about the discussion. I am just flabbergasted about the comments when they don’t certainly live as a Muslim in a Muslim country and generalise the whole population and discredit those out of the curve bells (Which is a bit of a cherry picking, I must say) as if our peaceful existence as Muslim is non existent. As a Muslim woman I have my rights protected, and my country, with its numerous problems, still doesn’t allow those sharia laws most people are scared about
)
What country do you live in?

Reactions: 1
Are those countries have the same ratio of civilians compared to the top 50 countries? Are these countries poor? Historically speaking I won’t mention the reason because it’d be offensive.

and yes people rallied saying “this is not my religion” though not in an exact quote isn’t known because it’s not televised internationally. I don’t even know what news being transmitted in the local news of a country only 2 hours from my own location. Can’t say their own people didn’t try to do something about any issues that they have in mind. Why would I say they didn’t do anything about it? I don’t live there let alone know their language to cast judgment over them.

some are violent, yes I agree like ISIS (though it was orchestrated by the US) but generalising the whole religion as violent would be only fair if other religions are also being generalised over something negative
I assume you mean population density? What part would that play on Woman's rights. The countries are a mixture of poor and exceptionally wealthy countries. When I used the example that Mexico is a violent country that is because the homicide rate is 29/100k compared to 0.01/100k in mine. Now I never stated all Mexicans where violent nor was all of Mexico. This is the same with Islam - not all followers are violent or misogynistic but a large percentage are compared to other modern religions. In Catholicism/Christianity/Judaism we do not have public displays where people are whipped for affairs outside marriage but certain islamic countries this happens, stoning or being killed by gang justice for blasphemy it happens again only in islamic countries.

Reactions: 4
I assume you mean population density? What part would that play on Woman's rights. The countries are a mixture of poor and exceptionally wealthy countries. When I used the example that Mexico is a violent country that is because the homicide rate is 29/100k compared to 0.01/100k in mine. Now I never stated all Mexicans where violent nor was all of Mexico. This is the same with Islam - not all followers are violent or misogynistic but a large percentage are compared to other modern religions. In Catholicism/Christianity/Judaism we do not have public displays where people are whipped for affairs outside marriage but certain islamic countries this happens, stoning or being killed by gang justice for blasphemy it happens again only in islamic countries.
The whippings and stoning are mentioned in the Quran, yes, but in the excerpts itself it is said that those types of corporal punishment are:

1) only applied in countries applying Wahabi believes and Sharia Law, so the punishment are NOT mandatory in other countries that apply either the belief or laws. Most countries reject both because they’re questionable in practice

2) Not a top priority

3) why is it not top priority? Because:

A) we are told to be compassionate and forgiving and not harbour revenge
B) it will be left to the judge’s decision

3) therefore:

A) if the corporal punishment were then chosen, it’s because someone (e.g: family members) do not want to cast forgiveness and demand them to be whipped or stoned —> then this is the fault of these individuals for opting violence as a solution
B) the judge can decide on whether to apply corporal punishment to certain crimes or to make them pay fines or do jail time instead

I was taught by former Muslims that in Islam the prophet married a young girl when she was six and then raped her at 9?
I think in religious books there are all levels of misogyny and I find it difficult when women are religious and also say they are feminist - for me personally I just find it confusing because a lot of the holy books say horrendous things about women.

Reactions: 11
I was looking at period poverty online. I had a look at Bloody Good Period, charity set up to address period poverty. I was shocked to see absolutely no mention of females, women, or girls on their website - we are reduced to "people who bleed". What a disgrace.

I sent them an email saying that they have erased women and girls in a rush to be inclusive, presumably in an effort to not offend female-bodied trans men and TRA's.
Erasing women and girls in a website about menstruation, shameful 😟

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I was taught by former Muslims that in Islam the prophet married a young girl when she was six and then raped her at 9?
That depends on who you listen to. At the time, children being married off when they were kids was happening all over Europe. Think about the various royal families. But sex between the couple didn't happen until the girl was 15/16. So child marriage was a sign of the times.
In Islam, it isn't actually certain how old Aisha was because the dates given don't tally up against others. Now some Muslims believe that Aisha was a lot older than that and it's even been suggested that she'd 'been around the block a few times'. This was considered dreadful by later clerics so the child marriage was constructed to cover this up. There is no proof of this as far as I know. Others say she was only a child because she was playing with her dolls when they came to prepare her for the prophet.
I tend to believe the 'been round the block a few times. The prophet hadn't married virgins before Aisha and probably wasn't bothered about her either. Plus, she was an incredible woman in her own right. She led armies into battles. And she wasn't above putting her husband in his place.
So make of it what you will.

Reactions: 6
I was looking at period poverty online. I had a look at Bloody Good Period, charity set up to address period poverty. I was shocked to see absolutely no mention of females, women, or girls on their website - we are reduced to "people who bleed". What a disgrace.

I sent them an email saying that they have erased women and girls in a rush to be inclusive, presumably in an effort to not offend female-bodied trans men and TRA's.
They’ve been this way for years, I hate it. Such a good idea for a charity.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Absolutely shocking. This is from their Twitter

1656276474532.png

Urgh I just can’t even figure out what I want to say about how much this has pissed me off
Tom Daly has always been an annoying twit. Married to a US activist 20+ years older. If TWAW then he can use one the next time he wants to buy a baby ..Oh wait!

Reactions: 27

Some of the comments are really depressing. Choice! Isn’t choice great? She chose that. Maybe she’s really happy?

Let’s see how happy she is when she’s given birth and has nothing to show for the pregnancy but the physical and hormonal aftermath.
FFS, a faceless woman, slightly out of focus, specifically positioned in the background, while two selfish narcissists grin smugly like imbeciles 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.