Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spurgyrose

First comment! I arrived here the same way many of you have, was a long time reader of Sali's column since I believe the beginning! Didn't follow her on any other platform, just the Saturday column. Followed a lot of her recommendations actually and was quite pleased but noticed as of late that the quality of her columns went downhill... her recommendations for 'sustainable' products were quite lame and low-effort. I worked in the field of sustainable packaging so I was kind of surprised she couldn't, you know, just ask someone at the local uni their opinion to provide just an ounce of depth to her column. After all, if she was a completely independent reviewer she should have no problem saying that packaging calling itself sustainable isn't sustainable at all, right?

Then the great trolling fiasco happened and although I still liked Sali at that point it all sounded rather extra - there are deranged people out there but no one's that deranged to give that much of a shit about you Sali - and that's how I discovered Tattle...etc etc..

Anyway, all this to say after discovering her Twitter I realise Sali is just an empty-headed bimbo who thinks a blue check on Twitter denotes her some kind of moral and intellectual authority. I know that sounds rather mean, but hear me out... I now do work on toxic chemicals and health. The Guardian has published quite a few of articles as of late on toxic chemicals in beauty products as there has been a lot of regulatory movement on this front in the US as well as new (and unfortunate) discoveries about the prevalence of certain chemicals in beauty products. Sali has had a column in the Guardian for decades and not once has she alluded to this as far as I can see? There are SO many organisations doing important work on this...why not talk to them? Give advice on how women can still indulge in their favourite routines while reducing their exposure to chemicals. I don't know, reading her bullying that wine shop man as he's pleading Sali not to hurt him or his colleague's earning potential when she does dick all to earn the money she does really gets me. People like her and the Caitlin Moran's of the world who put no intellectual effort into their work but think they're of value because Twitter gave them a blue check and newspapers which long since sold out their journalistic integrity give them column inches really irks me.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
If Chanel is No 5
And Coco is six,
The devil is six
Then god is 7
This figgy smells like heaven...

I don’t like myself for that

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Clovis

VIP Member
Ok, I'm going to make the really obvious thread title suggestion.

Sali Hughes #38: Unsheathed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Gold_7

Chatty Member
She Here absolutely personifies internalised misogyny to me. She absolutely strains to be a cool girl. It’s exhausting.

All the humble bragging and posturing about how effortlessly tiny she is, how young she looks, how presumably fertile (she’s not THERE yet) she still is. How attracted her husband is to her. What a great girl friend she is. But most of all, presenting beauty products as some how WORTHY and inherently virtuous.

Make up is nice, sure. But other than that it adds nothing of value to the world, sorry. And writing about that for a living is no great contribution to humanity, no matter how much money your ugly sandals cost. That sentence makes no sense but neither does paying over £300 for sandals.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

AsterSalonen

Still reading over the replies and they're the gift that keeps on giving
Her children are not fazed by the flaunting of an individual's private sexual kink , but are upset by the colour of a man's coat (Corbyn, navy. Still cannot get over this nonsense). She really should stop using her children for her unsound opinions.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

melfish

VIP Member
Are we scribbling or not? I've gone with not, because this person obviously gives no fucks 👏

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Pixie06

VIP Member
Unfortunately, by embracing the influencer role, Sali no longer has the edgy, quick-witted followers she would like. It’s all brainless fawning and unwanted health advice. I’m sure she grates her teeth and reaches for another cocktail at each compliment for her “shacket”.

View attachment 712080View attachment 712081
View attachment 712087View attachment 712088View attachment 712089
Sali no longer has the edgy, quick-witted followers she would like.
That is because we are all here now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Django

VIP Member
Middle aged woman not shocked at all by kinky weirdos acting out their fetish in the UK's coolest town which is next to London. She didn't blink, barely noticed, but just had to take to Twitter to show how cool she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Mr Squiggle ended up apologising “profusely”, but still she doubled down on his business. She is plain nasty.

View attachment 698762

It seems particularly off as he was tweeting from a tiny personal account, not his business account. So she is in effect doxxing him to some extent?
She is being a massive mean twat. Basically telling people to boycott his business for a difference of opinion. Not cool in the fucking slightest.
BTW all this 'don't come here if you are an outsider' has seriously dodgy connotations doesn't it?
Wtf is wrong with her tonight?

• Sick
Reactions: 37

dunhill

Thank you to Aude and others who signposted me to the wiki and other things that have filled-in the backstory about Sali, I am most appreciative for such a comprehensive history. She really is a piece of work.

I wear little make-up, so never really paid any attention to her Guardian column, although on occasion, if I did glance at it, I was always taken aback by how poor her make-up was anyway. It looked either caked on or too clown-like. She poor writing style meant that she just was not on my radar of anyone I would ever be interested in reading. As I had fallen foul of Caroline Hirons and wasted money on useless skincare she had recommended, I stopped taking any notice of what other so called beauty 'experts' were doing. But then Sali isn't an expert anyway, she's simply regurgitating press releases and praising whatever brand is giving her freebies.

I started to pay a little more attention to Sali when an ex-make-up artist friend told me how Sali had a habit of deleting comments she didn't like. She often picked fights with my friend (amongst others) in btl comments. I found this fascinating as my friend wasn't saying anything contentious, she was merely adding to the discussion in a polite, friendly and on topic way, but wasn't sycophantic (which clearly wasn't welcome). What I also found most interesting about Sali was her claim to be honest but her pictures proved this to be untrue as she was clearly having Botox or some other injectables, even though she claimed it was down to goo skincare and genes. It was around this time that influencers had to start declaring sponsored posts and ads, and as a result, I unfollowed the few I was following.

I loathe those who are frugal with the truth for financial gain. Sali is one such person. She is not honest or transparent. She is disingenuous and cries 'troll' at those who point this out. None of on here are trolls, we just don't have the wool in front of our eyes and she can't bear that we see her for who she is. But then she doesn't really do a terribly good job of hiding it as it's there for all the world to see; once you see through her, there's no going back. She has a habit of trying to change the conversation and use of language to suit her agenda, and she doesn't like those who post on this site because we see her for who she really is. Sali would be far better to ignore this place rather than drawing more attention to us, and in turn, herself, and the fact she's not so honest after all.

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210815-155822_Instagram.jpg

Just seen this, similar to what many posters are saying. I feel similar. I think it's important we do speak out but I have spent most of my time reading and learning - so much going on right now and even though I try to stay informed I am aware of how much there is that I don't know. I think it's particularly important that people with lots of followers are conscious of this. Very different me tweeting to my 100 followers, all of who I know irl, compared to an influencer with thousands. Especially as influencers don't like to be disagreed with and brand any differing opinion as a troll, so quite dangerous that many put their opinions out without being questioned.

I think with many influencers it is their desperation that it is *their* voice that needs to be heard, need the likes and retweets and need to prove they care and know everything, when often they could amplify the voices of people who actually know what they are talking about.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
She really got an A+ for distortion of truth and facts in that Razzie award winning piece of expert digital content.
I really wish I had the time and inclination to edit that video to show the few posts she cherry picked to distort and reply to. Like the comments about winning an in bloom award in so can't be that bad, that she twisted to be critical of where she grew up 🤪. And the other 99% of comments that she totally ignored.

This thread ranks higher than the Chanel site when you Google the glasses 😆, meh it's what she deserves.

Screenshot_20210805-110036_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

1plus3

Geez. When she first went “grey” I made a comment on her FB group.

I said her hair looked blonde and I was confused (it was a genuine comment) and she made a very bitchy response and blocked me from the group.

But I feel somewhat vindicated after checking in. She’s SO blonde and her regrowth doesn’t appear to have any grays.

Clearly the whole going grey thing was for attention and a Vogue story. Because the woman is a lot of things, but grey isn’t one of them.

• Wow
Reactions: 35