Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you bleeping kidding me
Why are they talking about themselves in the third person on their own menu?! And the thought of eating an “unctuous” curry makes me feel quite 🤢

As has been said before, She Here’s myriad throwaway comments about people being “mental” and “mentally ill” are so vile- between that and her constant odd references to the sex lives of others she really is quite a delight

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
She Here absolutely personifies internalised misogyny to me. She absolutely strains to be a cool girl. It’s exhausting.

All the humble bragging and posturing about how effortlessly tiny she is, how young she looks, how presumably fertile (she’s not THERE yet) she still is. How attracted her husband is to her. What a great girl friend she is. But most of all, presenting beauty products as some how WORTHY and inherently virtuous.

Make up is nice, sure. But other than that it adds nothing of value to the world, sorry. And writing about that for a living is no great contribution to humanity, no matter how much money your ugly sandals cost. That sentence makes no sense but neither does paying over £300 for sandals.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Alexandra Stedman (aka The Frugality) is also using/promoting Bobbi Brown in her recent stories. No AD hashtags in site. Has Bobbi done a massive drop on ‘influencers’ recently.
Promoting the BB brand or Jones Road? Bobbi herself is no longer involved at BB, which is owned by Estée Lauder. So if it’s BB that’s just Stedman not declaring an ad partnership with estee Lauder. 😒

Really horrified by that hashtag from Jones Road. Tacky and disappointing to see from Bobbi who has profited for decades from (primarily) women. Who she’s now decided look like tit without her new products.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
or when the hooded eyes magically disappeared
This is something I would be seriously interested in, more for the sake of my vision - particularly when I'm tired at the end of the day I find myself raising my eyebrows to read. I mentioned it to the optician at a recent eye test. He said when my pupil is more significantly obscured it would be something to think about actually it makes sense that I notice it more at the end of the day in lower light because that's when the pupils are dilated so the slight droop does impinge on it.

I'm actually fine with the Charlotte Rampling smouldering look, (I've made peace with it and rarely try to do a full eyeshadow look) and wouldn't want to look surprised. Bright-eyed and bushy tailed has never been my vibe.

Hirons had it done some time ago and, to her credit, was very honest about it, to the point of TMI. But lately her eyes aren't looking great, IMO.

As for Bobbi, she can F right off 🤬

• Heart
@Gold_7 brilliant post. She's 46 and still carries on like a try hard teenager. Will never forget the woman who asked her what size she was wearing as based on the size chart she didn't know whether to go for a S instead of her usual M and the curt 'XS. True to size' reply

Reactions: 18
“True to size” is an annoying phrase (unless with the handy scale of rankings from other people who bought the item)
Like ‘our sizes are true, it must be your body that is mistaken’.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
This is something I would be seriously interested in, more for the sake of my vision - particularly when I'm tired at the end of the day I find myself raising my eyebrows to read.
I've been looking at plasma pen treatment for acne scarring, but some of the before and after pics for hooded eyes look incredible and it's far less invasive and expensive than surgery. Might be worth a bit of proper investigation.

Reactions: 4
“True to size” is an annoying phrase (unless with the handy scale of rankings from other people who bought the item)
Like ‘our sizes are true, it must be your body that is mistaken’.
Exactly. Clothes should be made to fit the body, not the other way around

She is really hung up on size isn't she? When she was talking to Caitlin Moran in that ITB, CM said she had been size 22 at one point but was now a 10 (I think). Sali said re C's husband 'so he has loved you both when you were enormously fat and now'.
'Enormously fat'? I was so surprised CM didn't pick her up on that.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
She is really hung up on size isn't she? When she was talking to Caitlin Moran in that ITB, CM said she had been size 22 at one point but was now a 10 (I think). Sali said re C's husband 'so he has loved you both when you were enormously fat and now'.
'Enormously fat'? I was so surprised CM didn't pick her up on that.
That is shocking. I don’t care who you are, you don’t talk to your friends like that. CM should have smacked her.
I bet Sali wasn’t friends with her when she was a size 22.

Reactions: 19
Why do people take exception to her saying 'I'm not there yet'? This was in a discussion about menopause and I think she was simply saying she wasn't yet menopausal/peri-menopausal. She was in her mid-40s so quite plausable that she wasn't yet getting symptoms (though equally plausible if she was).

She's always been open about her age so it's not like she was trying to make out she's younger than she is. And it doesn't seem to me like the gratuitous mentions of her clothing size.

Reactions: 3
I think it's because she was a host of a menopause podcast and felt at pains to point out that she was 'not there yet'. She was a host of a general podcast about menopause and it was not about her so there was no need to add the disclaimer.

Reactions: 10
I didn't hear the podcast but I do remember the Instagram post and the caption where she specifically said she was not there yet. When she was criticised, she said "I thought it was vital to point out I'm not there yet". Er no Sali, the podcast was not about you and all that did was look like you were trying to actively distance yourself from the women you were supposed to be helping.

Besides, it makes no difference if she's not there yet, as it's something that will happen to everyone, so there is no point trying to 'other' women and their experiences in this regard

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A lot of us have menopause in our future, and finally we are hearing about perimenopause which can last ten years and there is some lobbying about adjustments at work and time off for menopause changes which can affect your ability to be effective. Davina McCall did a programme on how difficult she found it.
She her did a podcast where she pointed out it wasn’t an issue for her yet.
Compare and contrast.

Reactions: 8
It’s ultimately not the point whether she is there yet or not except that she desperately doesn’t want to be in one group and not in the other because of the horribly ageist society we live in - mainly to women over 40. The cosmetic work all the Jennifer’s do to stay relevant over 50. Brad Pitt is crinkling up like Robert Redford and dressed as a homeless person but no one ever says he is aging as one of his characteristics. See also Keanu.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Promoting the BB brand or Jones Road? Bobbi herself is no longer involved at BB, which is owned by Estée Lauder. So if it’s BB that’s just Stedman not declaring an ad partnership with estee Lauder. 😒

Really horrified by that hashtag from Jones Road. Tacky and disappointing to see from Bobbi who has profited for decades from (primarily) women. Who she’s now decided look like tit without her new products.
Wasn’t there something a while back, around the time of the Charlotte Tilbury bullying stuff on Estee Laundry, about Bobbi Brown hating fat people??
So the #hownottolooklikeshit albeit disappointing, isn’t surprising.

• Wow
  • Angry
Wasn’t there something a while back, around the time of the Charlotte Tilbury bullying stuff on Estee Laundry, about Bobbi Brown hating fat people??
So the #hownottolooklikeshit albeit disappointing, isn’t surprising.
Sorry, I am mega behind. Did Bobbi really say that? :( actually love her. How to not look like tit?! I've been in hospital for weeks with a very poorly child and not wearing make up because it's the last thing on my mind. I feel irrationally enraged about this😣 Women don't look tit without make up. What kind of nonsense is that? Fuckssake, I hope she's been dragged over the coals for such a stupid comment.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Sorry, I am mega behind. Did Bobbi really say that? :( actually love her. How to not look like tit?! I've been in hospital for weeks with a very poorly child and not wearing make up because it's the last thing on my mind. I feel irrationally enraged about this😣 Women don't look tit without make up. What kind of nonsense is that? Fuckssake, I hope she's been dragged over the coals for such a stupid comment.
Bobbi has been using it as a hashtag when promoting her new line, Jones Road

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Hope things are going better for you now. That must have been really awful x

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.