Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interestingly Sam Chapman was recommending the same product a few weeks ago.
Isn't it? Sam Chapman did a reel (liked by SH) showing its non- transferability (!?) on 5th July and then revealed in her stories that it was the Stila in Beso (which she said is AOC's lipstick of choice).

11 days later SH is wearing the same on IG.
FFS, the "research" for this column appears to amount to seeing an IG post and ordering the product. Not even an acknowledgement to Sam Chapman (if she knew how great the Stila product was why didn't she recommend when everyone had to wear masks more?) Shameless if that's actually what happened which seems plausible.
No wonder she needs a holiday after all that research 🙄
Screenshot_20210814-133803_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Isn't it? Sam Chapman did a reel (liked by SH) showing its non- transferability (!?) on 5th July and then revealed in her stories that it was the Stila in Beso (which she said is AOC's lipstick of choice).

11 days later SH is wearing the same on IG.
FFS, the "research" for this column appears to amount to seeing an IG post and ordering the product. Not even an acknowledgement to Sam Chapman (if she knew how great the Stila product was why didn't she recommend when everyone had to wear masks more?) Shameless if that's actually what happened which seems plausible.
No wonder she needs a holiday after all that research 🙄View attachment 712334
I wonder if both of them got the same spiel from the same Stila PR person too?

Reactions: 6
Her writing is painful.

She has such a massive chip on her shoulder about her lack of formal education (as per her son getting '10 GCSEs more than his mother'- poor lad can't be congratulated without somehow referring back to herself!) She overcompensates with pomposity, turgid style and contrived vocabulary.

The people i know who have PhDs communicate in a very clear, deceptively simple style.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Really? It's an old product. AOC tweeted in 2018 that she wore Beso. I think it's much more likely that SH copied Sam Chapman's recommendation without acknowledgement.
Also I don't believe that the dodgy relationship between brands and influencers and especially "journalists" is anything like as crude as that.

Reactions: 2
Her writing is painful.

She has such a massive chip on her shoulder about her lack of formal education (as per her son getting '10 GCSEs more than his mother'- poor lad can't be congratulated without somehow referring back to herself!) She overcompensates with pomposity, turgid style and contrived vocabulary.

The people i know who have PhDs communicate in a very clear, deceptively simple style.
It's like a child saying a word and people saying "Oooh that's a big word, what a clever girl", and the child being very proud of themselves. I think this is the base level She Here's at.

Reactions: 7
Good detective work, @Mselvista. I wrongly assumed it was a new launch, given the whole column coverage. She really is shamelessly unprofessional and a total grifter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
You all need to order Hype by Gabrielle Bluestone. I got the audiobook and it’s a joy. It’s about internet grifters and scammers - it started as an article about the guy behind Fyre festival and became a book. I’m only on chapter 3 - where she’s appearing on the podcast of an influencer who talks in the fashion singular (like Sali) and who ripped off someone else’s jewellery design (just like MOD). It’s very dryly funny, I bleeping love it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
You all need to order Hype by Gabrielle Bluestone. I got the audiobook and it’s a joy. It’s about internet grifters and scammers - it started as an article about the guy behind Fyre festival and became a book. I’m only on chapter 3 - where she’s appearing on the podcast of an influencer who talks in the fashion singular (like Sali) and who ripped off someone else’s jewellery design (just like MOD). It’s very dryly funny, I bleeping love it.
Oooh sounds good, thanks for the tip!!!

Reactions: 5
Her influencer role is compromising her columns. I find it hard to understand how it's OK to write an article on the best long lasting lipsticks and only mention one product. How can readers believe she has integrity when she gets paid to flog products on Instagram? The line between brand promotion for cash and beauty editor recommendations is becoming murky

Reactions: 19
She has been hungry for likes these past few days. Hope the selfie dump hit the spot. On holidays, yet unable to resist the need for strangers to stroke your ego on the internet. Why post one photo when you can post 10? And not one of where you are at. It's all a bit sad

• Sad
Reactions: 13
She has been hungry for likes these past few days. Hope the selfie dump hit the spot. On holidays, yet unable to resist the need for strangers to stroke your ego on the internet. Why post one photo when you can post 10? And not one of where you are at. It's all a bit sad
Especially for someone "with a passion for surface" 🤣
For someone very concerned with visuals, I've never seen her share art, photography (unless to say "face" or maybe fashion photography), design , pattern, architecture, record sleeves or as you say her her own photos of landscape. It's product and belongings and the occasional "face".

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Yeah, she's concerned with appearances and stuff, not aesthetics in a classical sense. She's isn't moved by Beauty, just obsessed with beauty products. It's all very prosaic

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.