Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title thanks to @rosemarina by overwhelming popular demand.
For those not in the know it refers to Sali's undisguised irritation and then response when anyone has the temerity to ask about her specs.

Last thread highlights recap:
* She Here IT'S SALI is to appear in an eagerly anticipated documentary by David Baddiel on the unsavoury topic of TROLLS. Hopefully she can be persuaded to talk about them for once 🙏

* She and Bobbi Brown had a lovely time telling each other how much they love each other and also Bobbi's groundbreaking new range. Heartwarming stuff.

* Lots of stuff going on with her nails. I can't keep up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
It looks as if the CAPS of @rosemarina 's fantastic thread title have reverted to lowercase. I think caps are disallowed on thread titles, I had the same happen on another thread where one word was in caps for emphasis, but it changed to lowercase.

Edited to credit thread title creator.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It looks as if the CAPS of the thread title have reverted to lowercase. I think caps are disallowed on thread titles, I had the same happen on another thread where one word was in caps for emphasis, but it changed to lowercase.
Such a shame! The caps make it work. Still funny though.

Reactions: 16
I am reading "People like her" by Ellery Lloyd - it's a fun read anyway but very interesting about influencing generally. Think Sali's writing and other stuff must have really dried up for her to go down this route as I would have thought she considered herself beneath all that shilling.

Reactions: 10
I am reading "People like her" by Ellery Lloyd - it's a fun read anyway but very interesting about influencing generally. Think Sali's writing and other stuff must have really dried up for her to go down this route as I would have thought she considered herself beneath all that shilling.
Ooh I've heard that book is good. Is it the one that mentions Tattle?
I think Sali tried to cover going down the influencer route in the Bobbi Brown live. When BB told her she was an entrepreneur 😂 Sali was saying how she has changed with the times and used new media available (or something like that), unlike some others.
Has Sali ever referred to herself as an influencer? (she may well have done - I've no idea). She probably thinks she is more of an 'expert content creator'.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah it does mention Tattle but only in passing (well so far, not finished it yet!)
I've never heard her refer to herself as an influencer, no, she's a serious writer :LOL:. I think she's had to change with the times as writing gigs have dried up and she needs to keep herself in Prada shoes somehow!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The money must be very tempting. Even influencers like Em Sheldon (who gave evidence to the select committee recently) seem to make a decent living from it.

If I were offered £££ to tap my nails on a pot of face cream and say it was the best thing since the last best thing I'm not sure I'd refuse. Having to maintain the engagement must be wearying though.

Reactions: 11
[QUOTE="Jelly Bean, post: 58353
Has Sali ever referred to herself as an influencer? (she may well have done - I've no idea). She probably thinks she is more of an 'expert content creator'.
[/QUOTE]
Prefers "Senior Blogger"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The money must be very tempting. Even influencers like Em Sheldon (who gave evidence to the select committee recently) seem to make a decent living from it.

If I were offered £££ to tap my nails on a pot of face cream and say it was the best thing since the last best thing I'm not sure I'd refuse. Having to maintain the engagement must be wearying though.
I don't think the fact that she is now an influencer would cause such a problem, if she was more gracious and treated her 'followers' with respect.

Reactions: 12
Ok maybe if it was a brand I genuinely loved. Otherwise I’d be too ashamed to plug any old shite. Eg those instructive sea shoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't think the fact that she is now an influencer would cause such a problem, if she was more gracious and treated her 'followers' with respect.
Yes, she still has the "serious journalist" contempt for influencing but she's deflected it on to her followers. It's kind of perverse

No way could I be an influencer. Hoodwinking people for cash? No, thanks. I'd rather sleep at night

Reactions: 13
I really need a line manager who at any time could ask me for “a little chat” - influencing seems quite self propelled and I just don’t have it.

I think I’d quite like fanning about taking pretty photos of products I really like because I bleeping hate my job.

• Heart
I was thinking about her outfit for that wedding - for all her claims of buying vintage and second hand and pretending to endorse sustainability, the shoes and the dress between them almost cost a grand. I was at a wedding recently and no one had bought a new outfit as no one could afford it. Spending a grand on one outfit is way out of most people's budgets.

She should take a leaf out of Nigella's book, Nigella is always super gracious on twitter, seems like it takes Sali a lot more time and energy being petty and supercilious than it would just responding graciously.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
But if Sali is now an influencer, surely it's time to give up her Guardian column? While I realise her column is a glorified press release, there is at least a supposed air of neutrality and not all out shilling. I feel her column has long lost any currency, but I suspect she is clinging to it as it's her only 'journalistic' endeavour, and something she can levy to get other writing gigs.
She needs to decide once and for all if she's an influencer or a journalist, and once she's picked a side, stick to it.

Reactions: 20
The problem is she's a striving, grasping sort of person who defines herself in terms of material things. Can't do that on a journalist's salary (not that she's a trained journalist, but still)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was thinking about her outfit for that wedding - for all her claims of buying vintage and second hand and pretending to endorse sustainability, the shoes and the dress between them almost cost a grand. I was at a wedding recently and no one had bought a new outfit as no one could afford it. Spending a grand on one outfit is way out of most people's budgets.
To be fair, I would happily spend that amount of money on an outfit but it would be timeless and something I could wear for the next 10 years. Although those shoes will date less quickly than the dress, spending this kind of money on something so trend-led is utterly ridiculous unless one has a bottomless budget. It makes one wonder just how much she makes from influencing.

Reactions: 8
Dropping 1000+ pounds on a wedding outfit or a handbag is more important to her than her own integrity 🤷‍♀️ Her choice, but she can't very well witch when people don't respect her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.