Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Pixies reference was pure "I might be talking about perfumes that cost the better part of 100 quid and getting cupboards installed but I'm still an indie girl at heart, honest"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
The Pixies reference was pure "I might be talking about perfumes that cost the better part of 100 quid and getting cupboards installed but I'm still an indie girl at heart, honest"
They were on Old Top Of The Pops 1991 chart since last Friday, 8 days ago.
Presumably She Here is reliving 1991 along with the rest of us 40 somethings (and trying to spot her dodgy ex or herself on it) and she remembered the kudos of knowing who they are

Reactions: 6
what I don't understand about Sali and perfume is like a few of you have said about her wanting to smell unusual and unidentifiable rather than seemingly just wearing what she likes? it's so contrived and comes across rather sad to me, just wear what you want, perfuems tend to smell slightly different on everyone too. I myself have a few more 'niche' perfumes, however my favourite smells are things that are more herbal and incensey and therefore actually not very represented in more mainstream brands or lines - if I could pop to Boots and find my scent I would love that! who cares if lots of people smell like it! how great to smell a scent you find gorgeous on people everywhere you go!
I'm reminded of an IGTV of Sali's I watched where she talked about a Serge Lutens fragrance La Fille de Berlin (I think), a totally gorgeous rose scent, and she mentioned how she loved the smell and everything about it but it 'wasn't for her' or something like that, that she needed roses to be more 'spiky' or whatever that means but it would be great for some of her friends and it just made me sad because if you love it, wear it! who cares if it isn't a spiky or edgy enough scent, wear what you want and stop worrying and trying to curate the perfect cool image.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If Chanel is No 5
And Coco is six,
The devil is six
Then god is 7
This figgy smells like heaven...

I don’t like myself for that

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
If Chanel is No 5
And Coco is six,
The devil is six
Then god is 7
This figgy smells like heaven...

I don’t like myself for that
bleeping genius

stick your hands in a ficus tree
wipe it on your (Mary Katrantzou) dress and send it to me

Sitting here learning from the Brighton shore
Just grifting just to buy something no one else wore

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.