Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bwacac

Chatty Member
I’ve been catching up on here the last day as I’ve been a little bit busy. My darling baby girl arrived on Wednesday afternoon. I was 38+4. I had an induction booked for Sunday when I’d be 39+1 but my midwife agreed to sweep me early to see if we could avoid induction. I had a sweep Tuesday afternoon and immediately started bleeding. I went up to maternity assessment and stayed there for 5 hours. The consultant reviewed me at 8pm and because they couldn’t figure what the bleeding was they agreed to take me straight to labour ward and break my water to get things going properly. I was transferred straight away even though I was still only 2-3cm but it meant my partner could come in straight away. I was contracting over on labour ward despite there being a delay to break my water due to an emergency coming in. They finally broke my water at 3am but I was still only 3cm. They checked me at 7am, still 3cm and at this time put me on the drip to ramp things up. It certainly ramped up the pain and the contractions got closer together and far more intense. I was checked at 11 am and still only 3cm. I lost it at this point and couldn’t cope any longer so had an epidural at 11:30am, the epidural failed! Gave me no relief at all so I continued with the gas and air. At 12:30pm and hour after last being examined I was examined again and fully dilated. I’d gone from 3-10cm in less than an hour. Our darling baby girl was born at 13:39. She weighed 7lb 7oz and is absolute perfection. Unfortunately within a few minutes of being born she had some issues breathing so almost 72 hours on she’s still in NICU. She’s doing amazing though and off oxygen completely. She’s on lots of antibiotics and nil by mouth to protect her little tummy and bowels as they think there’s a little infection there but she’s improving by the hour and hopefully this afternoon I will get to give her her first feed which will feel magical. I’ve been expressing every 3 hours which is tough when your baby is in NICU but I’m on cloud 9 and couldn’t be happier. I just can’t wait to take her home and for her to meet her big brother and big sisters. The newborn baby bubble is the best and physically I’m feeling really well with no soreness or anything like I’ve had before, now if I can just get my darling girl into my arms I’ll be the happiest mama on the planet at the moment. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 39

HeyLetsGo

Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just found out I’m having a boy! 😁😁 already got a daughter so this feels weird. Got quite emotional when she said, then saw the little penis when she was checking something else which made us giggle.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

grumpycat

VIP Member
Hi gang, I just got back from an impromptu early scan because I’ve been having a horrid ache in my left side near my ribs and I’ve just been mentally tormenting myself for the last week that I just had to do something.

pleased to report a lil shrimpy shaped baby with a lovely heartbeat was seen in the right place measuring 3 days ahead❤ Feel like the weight off my shoulders is immense. I know it’s still early days but knowing baby is in the right place with a lovely heartbeat is amazing. Had a trans vaginal scan and it was completely painless and not a problem at all (always intrigued about them!)

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Definitelyme

VIP Member
yes I totally understand that! I agree with some of your points. It was just a little triggering to see so many ppl celebrating that they have had it andthey feel fine when there Is this whole other risk. It’s not something I would celebrate. I’d be terrified. Well I am. We all probably are.
People are allowed to express feel they happy they’ve received the jab if that’s how they feel.
If you don’t feel comfortable having it, then definitely wait. But I don’t think it’s right to imply people who have got it - and are happy and comfortable with that - have done something wrong. Everyone is making the decision that is right for them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

littlepup

VIP Member
I think I’ve said before but just want to say to anyone struggling, you don’t always have to love pregnancy and don’t feel guilty if you don’t, it’s no reflection on your eventual relationship with the baby or mum abilities. Don’t listen to the influencer magical, glowing bollocks, it’s never going to be 100% perfect. I don’t mean to patronise if people are comfortable with it but I found it can be hard to admit if you’ve wanted a baby for ages or have friends who would give anything to be pregnant.

I’d go as far as to say I hated most of pregnancy and actually felt like the baby was alien to me & parasitic at times when I was in constant nausea and pain. I was so worried I didn’t feel the bond or this ‘magical’ process, I just hurt and wanted it to be over. I googled ‘what if I don’t love my unborn baby’, ‘how to bond with pregnancy’ things like that. It was bad. I feel guilty admitting it now even.
The second I heard her cry however all my worries about not bonding just went... Though that can take time too, everyone is different.

The point is that the pregnancy is just the journey, the baby is the prize at the end. Not enjoying the journey doesn’t reflect on the destination.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

SavvyBee

VIP Member
i wasn't implying they have done anything wrong, I was just confused that they had not expressed any opinion on how it could effect the baby that’s all.
I didn’t mention it because I think it’s a personal decision and that my experience is naturally of more relevance to anybody making the same decision to be vaccinated. Of course my main concern was the impact on my baby but beyond that decision being made, I thought it was relevant to share how I felt because there has been a lot of speculation on forums and in the media about the immediate side effects of the jab. Presumably if you’ve decided you’re ok with the impact on baby, your next concern is the impact on yourself. For me, I believe that there is enough research that I feel comfortable about the low level (and well studied) risks of an MRNA vaccine and also that this for me personally is a much smaller risk than I would take if I caught covid. It’s not simply as easy as being careful for another 6-9 months - life is reopening, I live in a City and need to go back to work and commuting by public transport at some point. I also wanted to reduce the risk of long covid which I can’t imagine is fun to deal with alongside a newborn and which has affected a lot of people who are otherwise healthy and young like myself. My doctor was supportive of me having the vaccine and encouraged me to do my own research which I did. I’ve thought about it for weeks and on balance, I felt a vaccine was the best decision for me but it’s completely personal and I spent many hours reading research papers and anecdotal reports before coming to a decision. Frankly if something now happens I’ll probably never forgive myself, however nor would I have forgiven myself if I’d caught covid and caused my baby harm or left them without a mother, there’s really not a right answer for everyone and it’s a case of deciding whatever you feel most comfortable with. Reporting that I feel fine after my first jab certainly doesn’t mean it’s all I care about above the impact on my baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Parking myself here at 4+2. This is our third rodeo, I have 2 lovely boys under 4 (ha ha ha ...yes I am mental and yes this was very planned as we want a smaller age gap 🥴😅). Nausea started pretty much the second I peed on a stick, I have suffered badly with HG in my past two pregnancies so I’m really nervous about that reoccurring buuuut we are so so excited to complete our little family. Have loved reading through these threads, feeling very comforted knowing I can vent somewhere after feeling like I suffered very much alone with my last 2 pregnancies as only a couple of my friends have kids and my poor partner took the brunt of it all 😅🤣 xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20

LongishCat

VIP Member
So I ordered some tiny clothes on H&M and wanted to send a picture to my mom, because they're so adorable. The look on my cat's face though 😂 I'm howling, poor thing, it's gonna hit her like a truck!
IMG_20210506_193514647~2.jpg

I'm around 14/15 weeks now and still no visible bump. But I figure she'll show up soon enough, for now I'm happy I can still fit in my jeans 😅
Good to know that lots of you also had no or only a tiny bump in the early weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
Hello all. I’m nearly ten weeks, I really don’t understand this 10+2, 8+4 etc dating stuff. In fact I don't really understand anything much about this pregnancy malarkey at all 🤣
I’m 45, first baby, totally unplanned and still in shock. It’s not that I actively didn’t want kids, just that it seemed something that was for others, not for me. A foreign concept.

I thought due to my age and endometriosis and the fact that for various reasons we only have sex about twice a month there was no chance of pregnancy, turns out I was wrong 🥴

I had a dating scan as I literally had no idea when my last period was, I felt such a wally telling the midwife. I was bracing myself for the menopause! Next I’m having a Harmony test - pricey but worth it to me for the peace of mind (or not) given my age. I know there’s so much can go wrong at this early stage (worry wart? Me?) so I’m not really embracing or even accepting my pregnancy yet. I know you won’t judge me.

My midwife told me to stay away from mumsnet so I’m glad I found this nice thread with so much good advice. I can relate to a lot of what you’re all saying - I found myself googling ‘when does pregnancy become fun’ the other day, as the insomnia, nausea and food aversion sucks.

I’ve also been on the COVID vaccine merry go round, being passed around like a pass the parcel. But due to some high profile reporting of the fact us pregnant women have been overlooked by the system, it seems the NHS is finally getting its act together. The online booking now tells us to talk to our GP who will ensure we get Pfizer or moderna. I’m waiting for them to call me back but I accept it’s a learning curve for all. Still a pretty bad oversight though.

Oh and I’m another Southmeader 🙂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
That vernix looks like lard and this is irrelevant but wanted to share with my favourite thread that I am now a VIP member 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Tinkerbell20

Can I join? I’m 7.5 weeks with my second, been a rocky start but an early scan showed a heartbeat earlier this week so cautiously optimistic

• Heart

Mathilderose99

I've just graduated from the ttc thread - 4 weeks pregnant & just found out. I've been having quite strong cramps in my pelvis - did anyone else experience this early on?

• Heart

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
Times my partner forgot i was pregnant-

-when he offers me gin and tonics
-when he asked me to help him move heavy furniture up the stairs
- when he suggests long haul travel for a few weeks in the next few months

😀

• Haha
Reactions: 17

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Had a private early reassurance scan on Saturday and got to see my little bean and hear it's heartbeat! Definitely cried a bit when they played it. Then Sunday we told immediate family so lots of (happy) tears there too.

Then this morning the midwife called me (at 8.02am :oops:) to offer me my first appointments! Got a telephone appointment on Wednesday when I'll be 8 weeks, and an in-person one next week. I'm assuming they've just split the normal booking appointment into two slots for some reason.

Nervous but excited, it all seems very real now!

• Heart
Reactions: 17