Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I’ve said before but just want to say to anyone struggling, you don’t always have to love pregnancy and don’t feel guilty if you don’t, it’s no reflection on your eventual relationship with the baby or mum abilities. Don’t listen to the influencer magical, glowing bollocks, it’s never going to be 100% perfect. I don’t mean to patronise if people are comfortable with it but I found it can be hard to admit if you’ve wanted a baby for ages or have friends who would give anything to be pregnant.

I’d go as far as to say I hated most of pregnancy and actually felt like the baby was alien to me & parasitic at times when I was in constant nausea and pain. I was so worried I didn’t feel the bond or this ‘magical’ process, I just hurt and wanted it to be over. I googled ‘what if I don’t love my unborn baby’, ‘how to bond with pregnancy’ things like that. It was bad. I feel guilty admitting it now even.
The second I heard her cry however all my worries about not bonding just went... Though that can take time too, everyone is different.

The point is that the pregnancy is just the journey, the baby is the prize at the end. Not enjoying the journey doesn’t reflect on the destination.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Is there any harm in taking folic acid after 12 weeks? I know it's not really necessary any more but I've still been taking it anyway as I had the individual tablets and thought may as well finish them. I think all the combined pregnancy vitamins eg pregnacare have it in and you can take those throughout pregnancy so guessing its fine?
There's no harm at all.
It's in a lot of foods anyway 😊
They're included in the pregnancy vitamins which are for taking for your whole pregnancy.

Reactions: 1
Ahh guys, you've all made me feel loads better 🥰

I ordered some travel sickness bands yesterday that arrived today - only had them on 5 mins but I feel like they might be helping. Might be psychological, but either way I'm currently stuffing Maoams into my face 😂

I hope you lovely lot are all OK, sounds like there's a few ready to drop soon!

Reactions: 9
I really hate the pressure that you should absolutely love the pregnancy process and float about in a glowing happy cloud from the minute you are on a stick! I’m personally finding it ok and manageable so far symptom wise (only 13 weeks so early days) but even though baby was wanted and planned (to the extent they can be), it is still a big mental adjustment and a lot to get your head around. People continually asking if you’re excited is pretty tough too, when 90% of the time my answer is not. Not to say I’m not incredibly grateful to be pregnant and so far things are healthy and looking good, and of course it’s exciting to think about this new chapter in my life but it’s also really overwhelming, full of anxiety and worry and having a million new things to think about, adapting to changes in your body etc. Kind of reminds me of wedding planning when a) it’s all anyone wants to talk to you about and b) you’re supposed to float around serenely “enjoying every minute” when actually you’re sick of being skint, having to make decisions and waking up at 4am debating if you’ve sat Auntie Sandra on the right table. Of course you’re excited for your wedding and of course you’re excited about your baby but it doesn’t mean every single day in the lead up to it is orgasmically happy.
It’s so great to have a safe space like this to share and vent.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My midwife advised it wasnt neccesary after 12 weeks as youre taking it for the babys spinal development which has happened by 12 weeks. I had a jar to finish off though so im still taking my combined folic and vit d tablet at 20 weeks.

Waiting for my 20 week scan 😁 excited to see baby again. Trying to remember all the questions to ask. Hoping everything has been growing and developing as it should 🤞
Ooooh hope it goes well! Had mine last week but baby was planking on my placenta. You know all those cute side profile pics everyone puts up online? Yeah, I've got a picture of a femur.. literally the only bit we could see. 🤣 I've got to go back next week and hope he's more cooperative. X

Reactions: 5
I think I’ve said before but just want to say to anyone struggling, you don’t always have to love pregnancy and don’t feel guilty if you don’t, it’s no reflection on your eventual relationship with the baby or mum abilities. Don’t listen to the influencer magical, glowing bollocks, it’s never going to be 100% perfect. I don’t mean to patronise if people are comfortable with it but I found it can be hard to admit if you’ve wanted a baby for ages or have friends who would give anything to be pregnant.

I’d go as far as to say I hated most of pregnancy and actually felt like the baby was alien to me & parasitic at times when I was in constant nausea and pain. I was so worried I didn’t feel the bond or this ‘magical’ process, I just hurt and wanted it to be over. I googled ‘what if I don’t love my unborn baby’, ‘how to bond with pregnancy’ things like that. It was bad. I feel guilty admitting it now even.
The second I heard her cry however all my worries about not bonding just went... Though that can take time too, everyone is different.

The point is that the pregnancy is just the journey, the baby is the prize at the end. Not enjoying the journey doesn’t reflect on the destination.
Could not have said it better!!!
If anyone is looking for a good read this one is good:

What No One Tells You: A Guide to Your Emotions from Pregnancy to Motherhood Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That vernix looks like lard and this is irrelevant but wanted to share with my favourite thread that I am now a VIP member 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Finding it so hard to keep on top of the housework because I'm so tired 🙈 if this is what it's like now whats it going to be like when the baby is here?!
3 house rabbits and a parrot so I need to hoover daily 🤣
Partner tries his best but he just doesn't do it right 😂

• Heart
I think on the last thread we were talking about sizing of clothes... here is a perfect example.
bottom one is Matalan, top one is Tesco. Both newborn! 😂 ridiculous haha
E70FAA97-EDEF-4431-A2C6-0C3DB6700C9F.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I’ve noticed Tesco seems to come up really small! Is your baby still wearing newborn now?
No he’s just moved up to 3-6 cause he’s super long 😂 8 weeks on Friday, had to do an emergency order of clothes the other day cause his toes were popping out of his sleepsuits which were 0-3 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 7
No he’s just moved up to 3-6 cause he’s super long 😂 8 weeks on Friday, had to do an emergency order of clothes the other day cause his toes were popping out of his sleepsuits which were 0-3 😳
Aww that is so sweet and wow 8 weeks that has gone quickly! I am short so I am interested what my baby will be like because my mum said I was never put in newborn because I was so long I was born with loads of orange hair like a carrot stick 🤣 have you bought anything from h & m or next? Wondered about their sizing c

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Aww that is so sweet and wow 8 weeks that has gone quickly! I am short so I am interested what my baby will be like because my mum said I was never put in newborn because I was so long I was born with loads of orange hair like a carrot stick 🤣 have you bought anything from h & m or next? Wondered about their sizing c
Yep I’ve got stuff from both of them, they both seem fine! The only place I’ve struggled with is Tesco 😂
We are both tall so knew he was going to be long but I thought we might at least get a bit more wear out of 0-3! In all fairness, the leggings and tops are fine. It’s literally just sleepsuits and vests!
I’ve just had a look on Zara; they’ve got some really cute stuff on there too!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Don’t quite have a baby yet to actually road test it 🤣 but I bought some H&M stuff from eBay and it looks SO small (compared to the John Lewis stuff it’s a good few cm smaller!)

In contrast I ordered a car seat from JL too (got the joie I-spin 360) and the box is MASSIVE and about 15kg, sort of regretting buying it 3 months before we’ll need it as I have nowhere to put it!

• Heart
I find next is really good for baby sizes until they are toddlers then I've found it some quite small. Asda for us has always come up quite small the vests don't seem to last as long. Sainsbury's has been the winner but that's just our experience also Matalan Is really good sizes!

Reactions: 1
I find next is really good for baby sizes until they are toddlers then I've found it some quite small. Asda for us has always come up quite small the vests don't seem to last as long. Sainsbury's has been the winner but that's just our experience also Matalan Is really good sizes!
I also second that Asda are small.
She's grew out of asda newborn within the first week, out of the vests the second week. Where as she's still wearing newborn from other places at almost 5 weeks

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.