Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering how you were getting on from seeing you on the first pregnancy threads. Glad you have found some good courses to do :)

re the NT test...
The test might not make any difference in terms of choosing to end the pregnancy but an Edwards diagnosis for instance can mean the pregnancy will naturally end and not result in a live baby. I would much rather know personally, than prepare for a baby that was never going to come.
Also, having a diagnosis before baby arrives can mean a better supported pregnancy medically and an opportunity to put things in place before baby arrives.
It seems like the NI not doing the test doesn’t take that into account which is really unfair.

Awww thanks for thinking of me! Yeh I’m doing well thanks! Times seems to have flown by! I hope you are ok too 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰. I love this thread xxxx

I’m the same, I’m overly worried and paranoid. I think after my NT test I will probably opt for the harmony test while I’m still under the 20wk mark
Il be totally honest and I wish I had done that too. The only reason I didn’t do it- was at the time both me and my partner were furloughed and I was worried about money. But I wish I had just gone and done it - just for my own peace of min xxxx

Awww thanks for thinking of me! Yeh I’m doing well thanks! Times seems to have flown by! I hope you are ok too 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰. I love this thread xxxx

Il be totally honest and I wish I had done that too. The only reason I didn’t do it- was at the time both me and my partner were furloughed and I was worried about money. But I wish I had just gone and done it - just for my own peace of min xxxx
I understand.. work in aviation and have been furloughed for over a year, it’s tough with money 🥴 was everything ok in your pregnancy?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just coming on to vent, I just feel like baby isn't wanting to come at all 😭 I've had two attempts at stretch and sweeps but the midwives have said my cervix is only open by 1cm but not thin enough to sweep around the waters. Booked in again for next Tuesday and then will discuss induction if nothing happens. Just feeling so tired, cramping and tightenings but feels like I'm not making any progress 😪 I know I will have my baby when she's ready but I just didn't expect to feel so tired and struggling at this point after a smooth pregnancy x
Literally couldn't wrote this exactly at the end of my pregnancy this time!
When I went for my second sweep got my hopes up for progress because I'd had a lot of cramps and tightenings all week. Made it so more disappointing to be told i hadn't made any progress!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I understand.. work in aviation and have been furloughed for over a year, it’s tough with money 🥴 was everything ok in your pregnancy?
That’s the industry me and my partner are in. It’s been so tough- the first effected and still no certainty in what will happen with our jobs. But I’m a big believer in staying upbeat and positive. I hope you are doing ok and I hope your company is doing ok. The good thing is that people do want to get away on holiday!
Fingers crossed for aviation.
Yeh it’s all been really good if I’m honest- Iv been well and healthy and baby seems to be! So I can’t complain really. The lack of money can be tough, and Iv had to scrimp on things that I wouldn’t have before- but as long as he’s healthy then that’s all I can ask for. How are you? Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That’s the industry me and my partner are in. It’s been so tough- the first effected and still no certainty in what will happen with our jobs. But I’m a big believer in staying upbeat and positive. I hope you are doing ok and I hope your company is doing ok. The good thing is that people do want to get away on holiday!
Fingers crossed for aviation.
Yeh it’s all been really good if I’m honest- Iv been well and healthy and baby seems to be! So I can’t complain really. The lack of money can be tough, and Iv had to scrimp on things that I wouldn’t have before- but as long as he’s healthy then that’s all I can ask for. How are you? Xx
Oh my god! The uncertainty is absolutely horrendous isn’t it! Being off for soooo long. I’m a training manager and of course with most of the flights pulling out and very limited staff there is absolutely no work for me so hopefully things will get better 🤞 it must be so hard for the both of us being in this industry.. the good thing is as you said, people cannot wait to get away so I’d say our jobs are safe enough 🤣 have you got any word of to when you or your partner are back to work?

• Heart
There is this amazing leopard outfit on h and m looks like pyjamas but I am living for it x
Just jumping in to say I’ve also had my eye on that leopard outfit from H&M, it’s so cute! We find out the sex on Tuesday and if it’s a girl it’s going straight in my basket 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Just out of interest what are the things you have went off this pregnancy and what have you craved?
I've went off- noodles, chips, potato, things like cottage pie, bananas, fruit squash
So far only craved chicken ciabatta, rice pudding, lollies, melon
I went off everything and had zero cravings for the first 16 weeks.

past couple of weeks I want to eat Ben and Jerry’s and drink Pepsi max cherry 🙄. I can also eat most things again now although smaller portions. Still off things like chicken, toast, pie and water though.

Had my first Pfizer jab yesterday and feeling absolutely fine today. Slightly sore / heavy arm but fine in myself. I did feel a bit anxious last night but that could be completely unrelated. From what I’ve gathered most side effects happen in the first 12-24 hours so hopefully I am in the clear. Can’t believe the second trimester begins tomorrow! Roll on clearer skin, more energy and feeling less like a dry, scaly, lazy, nauseous potato 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤗🤗
Good luck with that🤞 I’m still waiting for the blissful 2nd trimester time to start at 19 weeks tomorrow 😴 😷 😂

• Heart
Just out of interest what are the things you have went off this pregnancy and what have you craved?
I've went off- noodles, chips, potato, things like cottage pie, bananas, fruit squash
Not far enough along by any shot in this pregnancy but in my last I quite literally only ate steak pies and mash for 2 months solid before he was born and with my first I cleaned my teeth a lot and drank fresh orange juice straight after 🥴

• Haha
I went off the same things as you 🤣 I’m obsessed with peaches, mandarins, brown soda bread with ham, cheese and brown sauce 🥴

• Heart
yes I totally understand that! I agree with some of your points. It was just a little triggering to see so many ppl celebrating that they have had it andthey feel fine when there Is this whole other risk. It’s not something I would celebrate. I’d be terrified. Well I am. We all probably are.
People are allowed to express feel they happy they’ve received the jab if that’s how they feel.
If you don’t feel comfortable having it, then definitely wait. But I don’t think it’s right to imply people who have got it - and are happy and comfortable with that - have done something wrong. Everyone is making the decision that is right for them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I went off the same things as you 🤣 I’m obsessed with peaches, mandarins, brown soda bread with ham, cheese and brown sauce 🥴
My last pregnancy i had a mad mad craving one day for fish fingers smothered in coleslaw. But specifically the fish fingers had to be piping hot and the coleslaw ice cold from the fridge....devoured it and never wanted it ever again 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel ya! I’m 40+3 today but not booked for a sweep until Tuesday next week and induction 5or 6 days later if he’s still a no show! Just so fed up my husband doesn’t get it he just keeps telling me to stop worrying he will come when he’s ready. My feet are so swollen I can’t get shoes on and my back is in agony and I just really want to meet my baby! Feeling really nervous about sweeps and inductions etc fingers crossed your wee one makes an appearance soon x
Three of us so close together! I'm 40+4, still zero signs.

Have a midwife appointment tomorrow, I'm probably gonna decline the sweep and just ask if she can arrange an induction date (can you even do that?!) but the more I'm reading about inductions, the more 😫 I'm getting about them after reading they can be a lot more painful??

Reactions: 3
My last pregnancy i had a mad mad craving one day for fish fingers smothered in coleslaw. But specifically the fish fingers had to be piping hot and the coleslaw ice cold from the fridge....devoured it and never wanted it ever again 😂😂😂
I think I mentioned this before but I had this weird craving to eat Pears soap and the smell of it is just divine to me 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Iv

Have a midwife appointment tomorrow, I'm probably gonna decline the sweep and just ask if she can arrange an induction date (can you even do that?!) but the more I'm reading about inductions, the more 😫 I'm getting about them after reading they can be a lot more painful??
I've never had an induction so it's not personal experience but my friend has had 3 children and induced with one and said it was no different to the other two xx

My midwife didn’t seem too keen on the sweep she thinks they don’t often work so booked me in for an exam and sweep but can decline on the day 🤷🏼‍♀️ She said they would then book the induction 24 hours after that? I’ve heard the induction is more intense and painful too that’s why I feel so anxious about it! Trying not to stress too much. How long over will you be allowed to go? 12-13 days for me and it feels like such a long time x

Literally couldn't wrote this exactly at the end of my pregnancy this time!
When I went for my second sweep got my hopes up for progress because I'd had a lot of cramps and tightenings all week. Made it so more disappointing to be told i hadn't made any progress!
I had a good old cry and I'm now feeling better slightly, it doesn't help I'm now on maternity leave and I'm just feeling like I'm sitting around waiting. Everyone told me I'd be late as I'm FTM but didn't expect to feel like this! Fingers crossed for all of us x

I've never had an induction, my midwife did make me feel better by explaining all the steps to it and how it'll work, I just feel sad I wouldn't be able to labour at home with my own comforts but of course I'll do whatever is recommended for baby x

• Heart
I’m 38 weeks today, had a growth scan and baby is measuring big. I’m high risk because of my BMI so they have booked me in for an induction on my due date. I’m hoping she decides to make an appearance before as I’d prefer it to happen naturally. Just going to spend the next two weeks bouncing on my birthing ball and eating curry 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Times my partner forgot i was pregnant-

-when he offers me gin and tonics
-when he asked me to help him move heavy furniture up the stairs
- when he suggests long haul travel for a few weeks in the next few months

😀

• Haha
Reactions: 17

This tiktok has really made me giggle BUT do they actually put their finger up your bum? I got stitches and I have no recollection of any fingers up the bum 😱😱😱😱😱😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.