Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been catching up on here the last day as I’ve been a little bit busy. My darling baby girl arrived on Wednesday afternoon. I was 38+4. I had an induction booked for Sunday when I’d be 39+1 but my midwife agreed to sweep me early to see if we could avoid induction. I had a sweep Tuesday afternoon and immediately started bleeding. I went up to maternity assessment and stayed there for 5 hours. The consultant reviewed me at 8pm and because they couldn’t figure what the bleeding was they agreed to take me straight to labour ward and break my water to get things going properly. I was transferred straight away even though I was still only 2-3cm but it meant my partner could come in straight away. I was contracting over on labour ward despite there being a delay to break my water due to an emergency coming in. They finally broke my water at 3am but I was still only 3cm. They checked me at 7am, still 3cm and at this time put me on the drip to ramp things up. It certainly ramped up the pain and the contractions got closer together and far more intense. I was checked at 11 am and still only 3cm. I lost it at this point and couldn’t cope any longer so had an epidural at 11:30am, the epidural failed! Gave me no relief at all so I continued with the gas and air. At 12:30pm and hour after last being examined I was examined again and fully dilated. I’d gone from 3-10cm in less than an hour. Our darling baby girl was born at 13:39. She weighed 7lb 7oz and is absolute perfection. Unfortunately within a few minutes of being born she had some issues breathing so almost 72 hours on she’s still in NICU. She’s doing amazing though and off oxygen completely. She’s on lots of antibiotics and nil by mouth to protect her little tummy and bowels as they think there’s a little infection there but she’s improving by the hour and hopefully this afternoon I will get to give her her first feed which will feel magical. I’ve been expressing every 3 hours which is tough when your baby is in NICU but I’m on cloud 9 and couldn’t be happier. I just can’t wait to take her home and for her to meet her big brother and big sisters. The newborn baby bubble is the best and physically I’m feeling really well with no soreness or anything like I’ve had before, now if I can just get my darling girl into my arms I’ll be the happiest mama on the planet at the moment. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’ve been catching up on here the last day as I’ve been a little bit busy. My darling baby girl arrived on Wednesday afternoon. I was 38+4. I had an induction booked for Sunday when I’d be 39+1 but my midwife agreed to sweep me early to see if we could avoid induction. I had a sweep Tuesday afternoon and immediately started bleeding. I went up to maternity assessment and stayed there for 5 hours. The consultant reviewed me at 8pm and because they couldn’t figure what the bleeding was they agreed to take me straight to labour ward and break my water to get things going properly. I was transferred straight away even though I was still only 2-3cm but it meant my partner could come in straight away. I was contracting over on labour ward despite there being a delay to break my water due to an emergency coming in. They finally broke my water at 3am but I was still only 3cm. They checked me at 7am, still 3cm and at this time put me on the drip to ramp things up. It certainly ramped up the pain and the contractions got closer together and far more intense. I was checked at 11 am and still only 3cm. I lost it at this point and couldn’t cope any longer so had an epidural at 11:30am, the epidural failed! Gave me no relief at all so I continued with the gas and air. At 12:30pm and hour after last being examined I was examined again and fully dilated. I’d gone from 3-10cm in less than an hour. Our darling baby girl was born at 13:39. She weighed 7lb 7oz and is absolute perfection. Unfortunately within a few minutes of being born she had some issues breathing so almost 72 hours on she’s still in NICU. She’s doing amazing though and off oxygen completely. She’s on lots of antibiotics and nil by mouth to protect her little tummy and bowels as they think there’s a little infection there but she’s improving by the hour and hopefully this afternoon I will get to give her her first feed which will feel magical. I’ve been expressing every 3 hours which is tough when your baby is in NICU but I’m on cloud 9 and couldn’t be happier. I just can’t wait to take her home and for her to meet her big brother and big sisters. The newborn baby bubble is the best and physically I’m feeling really well with no soreness or anything like I’ve had before, now if I can just get my darling girl into my arms I’ll be the happiest mama on the planet at the moment. Xx
Congratulations. Going from 3-10cm in an hour sounds intense. Were you happy with how things went in the hosptial in general?
Thats fab you have no soreness. Do you know when you both might get to go home? Xx

Reactions: 3
Awww congratulations on your birth ofnyour daughter! 💕

Reactions: 2
oh gosh this almost had me crying. I hope you get to hold your little girl soon. I’m glad she’s improving and I’m glad you’re doing so well. Congratulations, you’re a tough mama. Please keep us updated, hopefully you all get to go home soon xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Absolute super mama!! I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to be with your little lady yet, but fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer until you are cuddling her and home with your brood. I’m so pleased to hear you are feeling well yourself. Congratulations!

congratulations!! I’m so glad to hear she’s doing better. Hope you’re all going home together very soon x x x

Congratulations ❤ Glad to hear she’s doing better and hopefully you will be able to take her home before you know it! Xx

Reactions: 1
Congratulations! You did amazing and she sounds perfect! Enjoy every second of today and hopefully it’s not long at all before you’re settling in at home ❤

Congratulations 💕💕

Biggest congratulations, you are such a trooper! That first cuddle will be amazing. Well done you ❤

Ahhh what a start to the world, well done mama and congratulations ♥ glad she's doing better x

Congratulations!
Fingers crossed you get her home soon!
Both births being induced, I've had an epidural because of going on the drip and both times it failed!
Glad to hear you're feeling good in yourself! ❤

Congratulations mama, wow you dilated quick in that period of time! Glad to hear baby is doing well in NICU, hope you get to go home soon! 💕

I'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice / reassurance.

I'm 8+2 and today I've slipped over quite badly whilst walking the dog (gotta love the muddy May weather) and now I am SO concerned about doing damage / something going wrong.

I'm wondering if there is anything I should do?

• Heart

I'm 8+2 and today I've slipped over quite badly whilst walking the dog (gotta love the muddy May weather) and now I am SO concerned about doing damage / something going wrong.

whenever I worried about this type of thing earlier on in pregnancy everyone always reassured me that baby is tucked away behind the pelvic bone and is very protected. It would take serious trauma to the abdomen to do actual damage. Like someone hitting you with a baseball bat or something.

I don’t know how hard you fell or where you hit but it’s very likely everything is ok. My friend fell down a hill in the park landing ON her bump at 36 weeks and everything was fine, baby is well protected in there.

try not to worry, if it was a major major fall you can probably contact EPU for reassurance but if not everything is probably all good but I understand the worry trust me 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Exactly as @Kitt said. Baby is well protected.
You should be fine and is only normal a concern if you have bleeding.
But if you're worried, contact the EPU.

My last pregnancy, I slipped in the living room and fell on my front at full force when I was around 10 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
whenever I worried about this type of thing earlier on in pregnancy everyone always reassured me that baby is tucked away behind the pelvic bone and is very protected. It would take serious trauma to the abdomen to do actual damage. Like someone hitting you with a baseball bat or something.

I don’t know how hard you fell or where you hit but it’s very likely everything is ok. My friend fell down a hill in the park landing ON her bump at 36 weeks and everything was fine, baby is well protected in there.

try not to worry, if it was a major major fall you can probably contact EPU for reassurance but if not everything is probably all good but I understand the worry trust me 🧡
Exactly as @Kitt said. Baby is well protected.
You should be fine and is only normal a concern if you have bleeding.
But if you're worried, contact the EPU.

My last pregnancy, I slipped in the living room and fell on my front at full force when I was around 10 weeks.
Thank you so much. It's so hard not to worry isn't it. I kind of fell on my side and then rolled in to a stinger bush (FML 🤣🤣) my back was really aching when I stood up.

It's so hard not to panic. My husband just doesn't seem bothered by anything either 🤦🏼‍♀️

I have my first booking appointment with the midwife on Thursday but I might text her anyway just to put my mind at ease.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Congratulations on your beautiful girl I hope she comes out of NICU soon and please update us all. It sounds like you had a stressful birth but dialating that fast is great you are a star ⭐ x

I slipped an fell at about 6 or 7 weeks. I think they're very well tucked in at this early stage xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.