Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been covered before ladies must does anyone have any must haves for their hospital bags!?
Or direct me to any websites where they have lists for you?

All I have so far is a water bottle with a straw has heard it’s easier to grab and drink from?! (And that’s just because coincidentally I was given one as a free promo at WH Smith!)
Hair bobbles
lip balm
healthy snacks (and I’m an unhealthy snacker 🤣 like a pack of donuts all for me kinda person!)
your own pillow
phone charger
earphones so if you’re on the phone/FaceTime/watching something it’s not broadcast to the whole ward

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry if this has been covered before ladies must does anyone have any must haves for their hospital bags!?

All I have so far is a water bottle with a straw has heard it’s easier to grab and drink from?! (And that’s just because coincidentally I was given one as a free promo at WH Smith!)
Moist toilet tissues. Absolute god send. I cannot explain the fear that regular tissue gave me post birth.

Also to add to this, I packed baby's outfits into little ziplock bags with vest, sleepsuit, hat, mittens, in each one and a couple of each size (new born and 0-3) with it clearly labelled so my husband could just grab the relevant one out of the bag.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Spare clothes for you
Music playlist
Noise cancelling headphones if you want to zone out the hospital noise
Room spray
Battery operated candles/fairy lights if you are going for that
Energy drinks
Your own pillow from home for comfort
Dressing gown
Slippers
Blanket
Pads
Portable speaker
Wipes
Vaseline
Disposable knickers
Books/magazines

My hips feel so tight tonight 😔
Why!! Ive been yoga stretching, doing light aerobics and stepping all ocer my living room trying to open them up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Thanks for car seat recommendations. We’ll probably just get one we like and use it for a year or so and then move onto a big boy car seat when he’s bigger. Might as well use it if we’re buying it.

Reactions: 3
Moist toilet tissues. Absolute god send. I cannot explain the fear that regular tissue gave me post birth.

Also to add to this, I packed baby's outfits into little ziplock bags with vest, sleepsuit, hat, mittens, in each one and a couple of each size (new born and 0-3) with it clearly labelled so my husband could just grab the relevant one out of the bag.
This is such a good idea!!!

• Heart
Adding nipple cream/salve to the hospital bag list if you’re planning to breastfeed. Had no clue about that last time, luckily the hospital had a pharmacy so I got hold of some the next day!

• Heart
Has anyone been taking pregnacare? The midwife recommended it to me so I got it a while ago... €22:50 was a bit steep so I’m hoping they are magical beans 🤣

The birth centre looks good in my hospital and I really want to give birth there. If you’re low risk you’re automatically put down for birth centre birth. Only thing is it only has 4 rooms. Midwife told me they’ve got so many women due in August it’s crazy. My concern is that doesn’t sound like much space. In your experience have hospitals been rammed that you can’t get in or does it somehow just work out?

Has anyone been taking pregnacare? The midwife recommended it to me so I got it a while ago... €22:50 was a bit steep so I’m hoping they are magical beans 🤣
I’ve got them on three for two from
Super drug cost 38!something for three boxes in pounds I actually like them I am taking pregnacare plus. I only had them because my partner picked them for me as he said they were the nicest packaging 🤨 I’ve just stuck with them x

Reactions: 1
Sorry to disappoint but its no different to the £4 supermarket own ones 😂

The birth centre looks good in my hospital and I really want to give birth there. If you’re low risk you’re automatically put down for birth centre birth. Only thing is it only has 4 rooms. Midwife told me they’ve got so many women due in August it’s crazy. My concern is that doesn’t sound like much space. In your experience have hospitals been rammed that you can’t get in or does it somehow just work out?
There's 20 rooms at my hospital and both this time time and last time, struggled to get a room 😂

When I was pregnant with no1 I was told there was a babyboom and not to get my hopes up about a water birth but I did end up getting to labour in the birthing pool
I've been told the same thia time that they are inundated with new babies so I'll see how it goes

Sorry to disappoint but its no different to the £4 supermarket own ones 😂

There's 20 rooms at my hospital and both this time time and last time, struggled to get a room 😂
Oh no way? What supermarket version do you get?

I’ve got them on three for two from
Super drug cost 38!something for three boxes in pounds I actually like them I am taking pregnacare plus. I only had them because my partner picked them for me as he said they were the nicest packaging 🤨 I’ve just stuck with them x
Yes they are the ones I got too! I was shocked at the price 🤣

Maybe a stupid question, but what happens if there isn’t a spare room.. 😂
I have absolutely no idea 😂 I presume when it's busier, they try and get people out and onto the ward as quick as possible but yeah I wondered that too.

Oh no way? What supermarket version do you get?

Yes they are the ones I got too! I was shocked at the price 🤣
Just Asda.
Tesco do them too.
I presume most supermarkets do 😊

Maybe a stupid question, but what happens if there isn’t a spare room.. 😂
I asked the midwife this and she said ‘we just manage..’ but what does that mean?! I don’t know. I said to my husband ‘maybe I’ll just give birth at home’ and he said ‘I strongly disagree.’ So I think that’s a no.

• Haha
  • Wow
yes exactly this, there isn’t any data or information to show what it could do to the baby.
Im just going to wait until after the pregnancy, it’s just not worth the risk for me. I guess you have to look into the risk of wether you will get covid but being pregnant you are over cautious anyway. I don’t see why you would have it.
I wouldn’t be to worried about it anyway. Just be vigilant and have it after 👍🏼

yes I totally understand that! I agree with some of your points. It was just a little triggering to see so many ppl celebrating that they have had it andthey feel fine when there Is this whole other risk. It’s not something I would celebrate. I’d be terrified. Well I am. We all probably are.
What is also quite triggering is someone suggesting that those who have taken a jab haven't given any consideration to their baby. I had the Pfizer vaccine last week after lots of consideration but it was a personal choice after discussions with my family and health care providers. I am under consultant care due to hyperthyroidism, being a bit overweight and previous heart surgery. My GP was very non committal but the consultant actually talked to me sensibly about it and recommended I received one if I could get hold of one. I did a lot of research and for me, yes I was and still am concerned about the effect on the baby but I also read stories of women having to have early c-sections and being placed in induced comas and not meeting their babies for months. I am still working as a teacher and am keen to continue for my own mental health reasons- I do not want to be sat at home on the laptop every day for the next 12 weeks. I am cautious but there is still a limit to the things you can put in place whilst still working. I wouldn't try to convince other people to get the vaccine as I made the choice based on my circumstances and the risks involved and what I feel like would be the worst case scenario for me so I don't think it's right for other people to judge those who do take it up either.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know! I feel ya 🥴 it’s not nice at all! One thing I am grateful for to furlough for is no more 5am starts 🤣 I can’t imagine doing them while pregnant and being this tired 🤣x
Omg! Yes!!!! I totally agree with that! It’s been so nice to have a normal sleep pattern for once. Making use of it while I can. How many weeks are you hun? Xx

Can I join? I’m 7.5 weeks with my second, been a rocky start but an early scan showed a heartbeat earlier this week so cautiously optimistic

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just in case anyone has forgot, remember to download the bounty and Emma’s dairy app to collect your freebies!☺

Get a long cable for your phone charger, also put your babies outfits (vest, sleepsuit, hat) into individual sandwich bags and label them! We found it a godsend when hunting for stuff when we were sleep deprived 😬
Also, get a peri bottle!!! Great for when you go to the toilet.

This was a massive fear of mine... I kept thinking what if there is just no room and they turn me away! I don’t know how many rooms were at my hospital but I worried about it most days! I feel it’s a bit silly of your midwife telling you that so many people are due in august because that would just make you worry unnecessarily!
I would just take it as it comes... I specifically wanted a pool birth and was told to just ask them when I rang up when I was in labour! There was never any issue, it was getting a bed on the ward which took the longest!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.