Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
I could cry

Work is awful. Ive been sworn at a bunch of times today

Argued with my partner

My house is a tip

Having issues with electrics and fence falling down

Ordered some furniture and theyve delivered half of what was needed to out it together. No idea when the other half is turning up. So now a bunch of boxes and around the house, just waiting.

Hip pain continues

Slept poorly

Feel crap

Ive been eating my feelings today
😢

Good things-
My dog

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

Hmmmjustreading

I’m 39 weeks pregnant and everyone is trying visit me and I don’t want visitors. Help me 😫😫 am I being ridiculous or is this behaviour not normal???? Why do they think I want visitors????

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
So nice to read everyone else’s thoughts about pregnancy too. Our baby is so wanted and I’m so excited for them to be here but I’m not particularly enjoying being pregnant. My skin is absolutely awful which is making me feel shit, I’m exhausted a lot of the time, my back hurts and I’m very conscious of the changes to my body. There’s also the constant worry that never seems to go away (current one is should I have felt the baby move by now). Women should be able to discuss this openly without feeling guilty/ungrateful - which is why I love this thread!

Reactions: 15

Pandapops82

Just coming on to vent, I just feel like baby isn't wanting to come at all 😭 I've had two attempts at stretch and sweeps but the midwives have said my cervix is only open by 1cm but not thin enough to sweep around the waters. Booked in again for next Tuesday and then will discuss induction if nothing happens. Just feeling so tired, cramping and tightenings but feels like I'm not making any progress 😪 I know I will have my baby when she's ready but I just didn't expect to feel so tired and struggling at this point after a smooth pregnancy x

• Heart
  • Sad
I can see it! I hate blue dye ones though honestly. Get yourself on Amazon prime and get the pink dye early response ones. So much better. Good luck let us know!!
Just to update you lovely lot as you so kindly took the time to reply, I got my period today so it must have just been a blue dye thing! Hopefully next month, all the best ladies ☺❤

• Heart

Lollipop19

Chatty Member
yes exactly this, there isn’t any data or information to show what it could do to the baby.
Im just going to wait until after the pregnancy, it’s just not worth the risk for me. I guess you have to look into the risk of wether you will get covid but being pregnant you are over cautious anyway. I don’t see why you would have it.
I wouldn’t be to worried about it anyway. Just be vigilant and have it after 👍🏼

yes I totally understand that! I agree with some of your points. It was just a little triggering to see so many ppl celebrating that they have had it andthey feel fine when there Is this whole other risk. It’s not something I would celebrate. I’d be terrified. Well I am. We all probably are.
What is also quite triggering is someone suggesting that those who have taken a jab haven't given any consideration to their baby. I had the Pfizer vaccine last week after lots of consideration but it was a personal choice after discussions with my family and health care providers. I am under consultant care due to hyperthyroidism, being a bit overweight and previous heart surgery. My GP was very non committal but the consultant actually talked to me sensibly about it and recommended I received one if I could get hold of one. I did a lot of research and for me, yes I was and still am concerned about the effect on the baby but I also read stories of women having to have early c-sections and being placed in induced comas and not meeting their babies for months. I am still working as a teacher and am keen to continue for my own mental health reasons- I do not want to be sat at home on the laptop every day for the next 12 weeks. I am cautious but there is still a limit to the things you can put in place whilst still working. I wouldn't try to convince other people to get the vaccine as I made the choice based on my circumstances and the risks involved and what I feel like would be the worst case scenario for me so I don't think it's right for other people to judge those who do take it up either.

• Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
I feel like my belly has finally popped (18 weeks) 😃, but it could also be the fact the “baby” has decided it really likes Ben and Jerry’s 🍦

• Heart
  • Haha

Ilando

VIP Member
Amazon prime is dangerous when pregnant. So many ‘essential’ baby purchases being made. The delivery driver said tonight ‘see you tomorrow’ 😆🥴

• Haha

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I feel awful complaining.

I loved my first pregnancy - aside from sickness I was glowing I had energy & I felt amazing. I feel disgusting in this one, all I've done is complain, everywhere quite literally hurts, and I've had enough. I feel even worse complaining because I'm lucky enough to carry twins so that's really not helping my guilt.

I sat in the loo earlier at work and had a little cry to myself as I felt like I honestly couldn't go on, 12 hour shifts really aren't helping. Don't think I'm gonna stay sane for the next 20 weeks & I feel awful even thinking it.

• Heart
  • Sad

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Talking about friends overstepping boundaries

I have a friend that keeps calling the baby "our baby" as in, she's part of the parenting or something
Shell say things like "were having a boy"
Like... that's not normal right?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

moimoi

VIP Member
What a palaver, had a midwife appointment today, she asked me to double check and ring the hospital to make sure I've been referred to the Birth Centre at the hospital. I rang, midwife from a couple weeks ago didn’t refer me... Woman on the phone was like 'don't worry, I'm sure you can still give birth here'. Well I'm not gonna give birth anywhere else am I? I’m due in 2 days. 😂

• Wow
  • Haha

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
I feel awful complaining.

I loved my first pregnancy - aside from sickness I was glowing I had energy & I felt amazing. I feel disgusting in this one, all I've done is complain, everywhere quite literally hurts, and I've had enough. I feel even worse complaining because I'm lucky enough to carry twins so that's really not helping my guilt.

I sat in the loo earlier at work and had a little cry to myself as I felt like I honestly couldn't go on, 12 hour shifts really aren't helping. Don't think I'm gonna stay sane for the next 20 weeks & I feel awful even thinking it.
Mama its okay.
Its okay to feel shit.
Its okay to complain.
Its okay to cry.
Its okay to leave the house messy and sit on the sofa with ice cream.
It wont be forever.
'the days are long but the years are short'.
You CAN and you WILL get through this.
We are all so much stronger than we know (for these babies). ❤

Sending you a big hug

• Heart

Bwacac

Chatty Member
Morning ladies hope everyone is well. Im officially into my last week. Im 38+2 today but due to my age (43) im being induced on Sunday. It’s all booked for 9am Sunday morning, im hoping baby puts in an appearance before then! Im having a sweep tomorrow and there’s two more booked for Thursday and Saturday if needed! Very excited but all of a sudden very nervous as I know what’s coming 😂 this is my 5th baby and the nerves don’t get any easier to manage 😂 xx

• Heart

DaisyDaisy87

VIP Member
Couldn’t resist another private scan yesterday at 10 weeks 5 days and so glad I did as my husband can’t make it to the nhs scans due to working away. Baby didn’t even have arms and legs in the first scan and now they’re VERY active - kicking and punching the air and sliding around everywhere. Was so incredible to see! We only really booked it to check that the bleed they saw on the first scan had reabsorbed, didn’t expect an acrobatic show at all! Feeling much more confident about telling people now. Our babies are amazing aren’t they! ❤

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Wards aren’t too horrendous. Except at night... you get your own baby to sleep, and someone else’s hell demon starts gurning, then someone is always snoring 🙄🙄🙄 but I do enjoy eavesdropping on other peoples chat!

• Haha

moimoi

VIP Member
Well I'm still here, still having cramps, lots of pressure and being sick / poorly tummy but no sign of baby! I now fully understand why everyone says the last part of pregnancy feels like forever 🤣 x
I'm still here too. Absolutely no signs, no cramps or anything, but I feel like I need another 9 months to prepare myself anyway so I'm not in any rush. 😂 Next midwife appointment is Friday at 40+5, she's said she'll offer me a sweep, but I'm undecided.

The tone in my response to people asking if there's any news is getting more passive aggressive by the hour though!

• Haha

Katydoo

Well I’ve just done a test and it was negative... thanks for the advice though 🥰, I’m glad I know either way. Now I’ve got a lovely period to look forward to ... at some point!

• Heart

Pandapops82

Well I'm still here, still having cramps, lots of pressure and being sick / poorly tummy but no sign of baby! I now fully understand why everyone says the last part of pregnancy feels like forever 🤣 x

• Heart
  • Sad