Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
Ladies please don’t judge me if I’m all sorted and ready to go at like 30 weeks lol. I like to be prepared and organised cause of my anxiety. I promise I’ll only wash the clothes once lol

• Haha
Reactions: 14

moimoi

VIP Member
Just had my midwife appointment, she’s gonna book an induction for next Thursday at 41+4 if he’s still not here. 😬

I think maybe I lost my mucus plug this morning as it was a lot more goopy than usual, but I’m not sure!

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
I went to primark and told myself I would only buy stuff for my hospital bag...
Primark is a bad bad place 😂😂

However I am 31 weeks tomorrow and have everything for my hospital bag now apart from snacks and toiletries🙌

Attachments

• Heart
I didn’t mention it because I think it’s a personal decision and that my experience is naturally of more relevance to anybody making the same decision to be vaccinated. Of course my main concern was the impact on my baby but beyond that decision being made, I thought it was relevant to share how I felt because there has been a lot of speculation on forums and in the media about the immediate side effects of the jab. Presumably if you’ve decided you’re ok with the impact on baby, your next concern is the impact on yourself. For me, I believe that there is enough research that I feel comfortable about the low level (and well studied) risks of an MRNA vaccine and also that this for me personally is a much smaller risk than I would take if I caught covid. It’s not simply as easy as being careful for another 6-9 months - life is reopening, I live in a City and need to go back to work and commuting by public transport at some point. I also wanted to reduce the risk of long covid which I can’t imagine is fun to deal with alongside a newborn and which has affected a lot of people who are otherwise healthy and young like myself. My doctor was supportive of me having the vaccine and encouraged me to do my own research which I did. I’ve thought about it for weeks and on balance, I felt a vaccine was the best decision for me but it’s completely personal and I spent many hours reading research papers and anecdotal reports before coming to a decision. Frankly if something now happens I’ll probably never forgive myself, however nor would I have forgiven myself if I’d caught covid and caused my baby harm or left them without a mother, there’s really not a right answer for everyone and it’s a case of deciding whatever you feel most comfortable with. Reporting that I feel fine after my first jab certainly doesn’t mean it’s all I care about above the impact on my baby.
Just wanted to back this up here and say that I caught COVID when my baby was nearly 2 months old last March and have since been suffering with long COVID. Thankfully now I only have residual symptoms such as still no taste and smell but last year I had continuous (and by continuous I mean literally nearly every day) bad headaches, neck and muscle pain, total lack of breath, brain fog + postpartum brain fog which was absolutely horrific and the fatigue. Oh boy the fatigue. My youngest didn’t sleep due to silent reflux but the fatigue from long Covid was something else - I used to sleep for sometimes 18-20 hours a day because I physically could not wake up similar to when I had COVID itself. Thankfully my partner was furloughed so I didn’t have to worry but it would have been a seriously scary time had he not have been because I was not functioning. My mum has had similar. So yeah, just wanted to give a bit of an insight/back up as I completely agree and understand why they should be offering this jab to pregnant people because it totally spoiled so many months of time with my precious baby that I will never get back and I would and will now have the jab if given the chance as I haven’t yet. But as above OP has said, it is an entirely personal experience and like taking any jab when pregnant (i.e flu, whooping cough etc) it is a risk to you and your baby but you do have to weigh them up and do what you feel is best for you.

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
It’s the shouting and the 4am martyr breastfeeding posts that kill me. Like just get on with it. That beautiful baby looks terrified when she’s shouting into her phone
I’ve just seen something this morning of her shouting some made up song over the baby because she doesn’t want to breastfeed. She’s awful - the kind of person who makes me dread motherhood! I am unfollowing anybody who doesn’t fill me with happy vibes, online and in real life. I’m not stupid and I know it’ll be hard but I don’t need the 8 months prior to be full of worry about how hard it’ll be on top of that. I firmly believe so much in life is mindset and surrounding yourself with supportive and positive vibes / people.

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Quick question for anyone who’s already had babies...I keep looking at “influencer” mums complaining about how hard the newborn stage is, how they don’t have time to shower or eat, how awful it all is and it’s starting to freak me out a bit. I’m expecting it to be hard but is it really that bad?! I’m so excited and now after seeing some posts online I’m just a bit scared - don’t know whether I’m being a bit naive about how hard it really is or whether it’s just a race to the bottom for them of who had it the toughest for social media engagement. Think I’m just having an anxious day!
Some days are hard, yes.
But I think influencers are way over the top and it seems to be the 'in' thing to not have your shit together at all and almost seems like a competition of who can do the least and who has the least amount of time.
I've found plenty of time to shower and I've not missed a single meal and that's with an 8 year old, 3 year old and a newborn and my partner works nights.
You find time, you make time. You prioritise what's important.

Kitt

VIP Member
I am literally so anti social you wouldn’t catch me dead at breakfast buffet bonding, no way. I know there’s a costa at the front of the hospital, I’ll be stood in that queue in my nightie lol

• Haha

Hbirdette

VIP Member
I think on the last thread we were talking about sizing of clothes... here is a perfect example.
bottom one is Matalan, top one is Tesco. Both newborn! 😂 ridiculous haha
E70FAA97-EDEF-4431-A2C6-0C3DB6700C9F.jpeg

• Wow

HeyLetsGo

What are everyone’s opinions on announcing births/pregnancies on social media? I personally don’t do it, I tell my my friends/work pals/family on our WhatsApp groups but wouldn’t announce it publicly on my page.

My dad gets so annoyed at me like I’m being purposely secretive about it and like I only want certain people to know, but the honest reason is I hate having to like and say thank you to all of the comments on a post like that it just takes so much time and the whole thing just makes me cringe. I feel like if I’ve told the people I actually know in person and see regularly who else even cares? I just don’t see the point in it!

Reactions: 13

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I really hate the pressure that you should absolutely love the pregnancy process and float about in a glowing happy cloud from the minute you are on a stick! I’m personally finding it ok and manageable so far symptom wise (only 13 weeks so early days) but even though baby was wanted and planned (to the extent they can be), it is still a big mental adjustment and a lot to get your head around. People continually asking if you’re excited is pretty tough too, when 90% of the time my answer is not. Not to say I’m not incredibly grateful to be pregnant and so far things are healthy and looking good, and of course it’s exciting to think about this new chapter in my life but it’s also really overwhelming, full of anxiety and worry and having a million new things to think about, adapting to changes in your body etc. Kind of reminds me of wedding planning when a) it’s all anyone wants to talk to you about and b) you’re supposed to float around serenely “enjoying every minute” when actually you’re sick of being skint, having to make decisions and waking up at 4am debating if you’ve sat Auntie Sandra on the right table. Of course you’re excited for your wedding and of course you’re excited about your baby but it doesn’t mean every single day in the lead up to it is orgasmically happy.
It’s so great to have a safe space like this to share and vent.

• Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
I’ve gone from not wanting to find out to planning a gender reveal party with my family 😅

• Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Hate hate hate hate family giving us opinions about baby names now.
We have ours picked and now just not telling parents because I refuse to have it ruined.
Will it be to everyone's taste? No.
But we love it, its special to us.

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Such a lovely experience at our 12 week scan today! Cannot recommend the Fetal Medicine Centre enough (I can’t remember who mentioned it on the previous thread). Baby was being super sleepy and stubborn and just wouldn’t move, she got most of the measurements then had me doing star jumps and hopping around a bit. Bub still wouldn’t move 🙄 Eventually she sent us away so we went for a power walk to Pret and I wolfed down afizzy drink and a brownie! Lots of belly jiggling later 🤢 and she got everything she needed. I’m hoping baby just loves their sleep and this bodes well for November. Just incredible what they are able to see though and she talked us through everything - the spine, kidneys, eye sockets even. So precious. Bloods and measurements all point to being low risk for everything but we’ll get the Harmony results in 2 weeks to confirm. We’ve said no to finding out the sex with that for now, I need a few more weeks to decide! I’m also 2 days further ahead than I thought, every little helps, November feels forever away!

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
23+2 and literally can’t stop thinking about food. Appetite is never ending at the moment so I think baby’s on the grow. Anyone else or an I just a greedy so and so?

• Haha

Nursty

VIP Member
You have to put your orders in now with your birth partners, that's their most important job. With my first I sent him to McDonald's and my second I made him go get me a Costa sausage toastie. They were the best meals I've ever had. 🤣 Hospital food is bleurgh. And at our trust they did this weird bonding thing where they laid the breakfast out on a table at the end of the ward and we had to self serve to get us chatting 🙄🙄 I drew all my curtains around me 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12

Ilando

VIP Member
So funny today- I teach KS2 and missed some lessons on Monday due to a routine hospital appointment. Several kids asked today if I’d had the baby and that’s why I was off yesterday.

The innocence of children makes teaching wonderful at times

• Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Haha 😂 my friend from work was like this. It’s definitely not normal but still funny 😆
I mean shes being odd in general right now
Keeps calling my boyfriend Babe and stuff like that...
Maybe shes planning on locking me in the basement and steal my man and the baby 😅

• Haha
  • Wow