Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Thank you so much its really helpful to hear others advice! is there anything they can do to check this early on? I was under the understanding that until 7 weeks they can't check anything etc
Mmmm I'm not sure sure be honest, I didn't get mine checked as my cousin was 8 weeks ahead of me and had the same so I didn't panic plus there was no bleeding or anything. Im not sure what way it works with early pregnancy units?

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I’m so glad it’s not just me! 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈I just have the fear about it at the moment!! Like a crazy lady as soon as I get in the car! Xx
I am also that person when my fiancé drives or me and I go over potholes they seem ten times worse and living in the sticks the roads are bumpy worries me all the time shaking her around in my tummy I know that sounds silly but I get it and worry too. I usually just have fruit but I haven’t really had as much the pay few days so I had to drink lactolose but I think it really contributed to my back pain. I am going to try acupuncture I think physio doesn’t nothing for me X

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
I had a home water birth with my son , 9 years ago ! I just wore a bikini top , I don't have large boobs though 🤣 and they didn't grow either 🙈
Is anyone planning a home birth ? I will be
Id love to if that becomes an option at the time :)

Just to update you lovely lot as you so kindly took the time to reply, I got my period today so it must have just been a blue dye thing! Hopefully next month, all the best ladies ☺❤
Hopefully see you on this thread again soon. Sending love xxx

Is this southmead hospital? It's like a bloody airport 😂😂
Are you from Briz?

grumpycat

VIP Member
Ah that's good that your friend had a positive experience. It confused me at first, but the high levels mean I have a more underactive thyroid, rather than overactive.

I'm sure the midwife would have told me on the phone if it was something to be more concerned about, wouldn't she? Like she wouldn't just sugar coat it and tell me it shouldn't affect baby if there were any major risks.. GAH is it Wednesday yet 🙄😅
Yeah that’s right the levels go opposite, low levels = over and high =under

But for sure the midwife wouldn’t say something wasn’t a worry if it really was.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I know! I feel ya 🥴 it’s not nice at all! One thing I am grateful for to furlough for is no more 5am starts 🤣 I can’t imagine doing them while pregnant and being this tired 🤣x
Omg! Yes!!!! I totally agree with that! It’s been so nice to have a normal sleep pattern for once. Making use of it while I can. How many weeks are you hun? Xx

swimming

VIP Member
Has anyone here ever had or experienced Polyhydramnios? (Excess amniotic fluid).

Had my 33 week growth scan and was told not only is my baby “massive”, but I have excess fluid. Saw a consultant, was told I’d have another growth scan in 3 weeks, and that if my waters break at home early i need an ambulance because of cord prolapse.

Terrified. My husband works away sometimes weeks at a time and I’m just scared being at home alone.

I’ve not got gestational diabetes (which can sometimes cause the fluid), and so google has scared me even more with other possibilities.

Babies bead and tummy are in proportion with each other but measuring 3 weeks ahead.

Ive had no information or guidance and just wanted to see if someone else has had this? And was it ok?

louichi

Hi! What's everyone doing by way of exercise during pregnancy?

Pre COVID I was really in to the gym, but kinda gave up when they closed. I know it's safe to continue doing the same exercise you regularly do, but to be honest it's been so long that I can't say my body is used to it any more. I don't want to do HIITs because again I'm conscious of the impact but at the same time I don't want to be massively unfit throughout my pregnancy.

Has anyone looked at results with bump? I just want to feel like I'm doing something!

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Maybe our cycle dates!? I think I was dated incorrectly at 12 week scan...my partner and I just refused to let her change it as we can’t remember getting jiggy before the date we made her... sonographer shouldn’t have let us dictate really 🙊 she keeps coming up as 1-2 weeks bigger so honestly god knows when she’ll come!?!
This is weird at my 20 week scan she was measuring 20 + 5 but they didn’t change the date and I was 19 + 6 when I had that scan no dates make sense they might as well say it’s a gestimate just out of curiosity when was your last period sorry this tmi I am just genuinely interested mine was 12/11/2020 but I do have pcos abs very odd cycles I don’t think I ovulate a lot either x ps the word jiggy made me laugh haha 😆

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Been trying to get a hold of my midwife since Monday when I had a missed call off an NHS number. Left several messages and promised that she will call me back...nearly 4 days later still nothing 🙄🙄 absolutely infuriating. Does anyone know if the gp will have access to the urine test results that were done in the hospital on Saturday or is that a totally diff system?

Kitt

VIP Member
The birth centre looks good in my hospital and I really want to give birth there. If you’re low risk you’re automatically put down for birth centre birth. Only thing is it only has 4 rooms. Midwife told me they’ve got so many women due in August it’s crazy. My concern is that doesn’t sound like much space. In your experience have hospitals been rammed that you can’t get in or does it somehow just work out?

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I was wondering how you were getting on from seeing you on the first pregnancy threads. Glad you have found some good courses to do :)

re the NT test...
The test might not make any difference in terms of choosing to end the pregnancy but an Edwards diagnosis for instance can mean the pregnancy will naturally end and not result in a live baby. I would much rather know personally, than prepare for a baby that was never going to come.
Also, having a diagnosis before baby arrives can mean a better supported pregnancy medically and an opportunity to put things in place before baby arrives.
It seems like the NI not doing the test doesn’t take that into account which is really unfair.

Awww thanks for thinking of me! Yeh I’m doing well thanks! Times seems to have flown by! I hope you are ok too 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰. I love this thread xxxx

I’m the same, I’m overly worried and paranoid. I think after my NT test I will probably opt for the harmony test while I’m still under the 20wk mark
Il be totally honest and I wish I had done that too. The only reason I didn’t do it- was at the time both me and my partner were furloughed and I was worried about money. But I wish I had just gone and done it - just for my own peace of min xxxx