Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had quite a few stretch and sweeps now 😂 some people say they're painful but I've never found them to be.
Sure it's uncomfortable but that's it.
It's usually over in less than a minute though 😊
Haha fab thank you! Glad to know it's speedy, I'm hoping something happens before then but if not I'm up for seeing if it does anything! Did you have success after you had yours?

Haha fab thank you! Glad to know it's speedy, I'm hoping something happens before then but if not I'm up for seeing if it does anything! Did you have success after you had yours?
Nope. I've had 8 in total now 😂 although 2 of them they couldn't do much so they were only partial as my cervix was still to far back.
None worked though.
The chance of them working is very low.
Less than 20% of sweeps done after a due date work within 48 hours

Reactions: 1
Nope. I've had 8 in total now 😂 although 2 of them they couldn't do much so they were only partial as my cervix was still to far back.
None worked though.
The chance of them working is very low.
Less than 20% of sweeps done after a due date work within 48 hours
Oo interesting thank you! I won't hold my breath then 🤣🙈 x

Oo interesting thank you! I won't hold my breath then 🤣🙈 x
From what I can tell, there's been a bunch of research going into them and people are starting to avoid them because they think that they only actually "work" if you were actually going to go into labour in the next few days anyway.
I haven't looked into it though

Reactions: 2
From what I can tell, there's been a bunch of research going into them and people are starting to avoid them because they think that they only actually "work" if you were actually going to go into labour in the next few days anyway.
I haven't looked into it though
I'm going to have a browse this evening online and do some research just so I'm fully clued up before going into it next week 🙂 the midwife did say the babies head is now further engaged and to keep going with the ball so fingers crossed something may happen! X

Reactions: 3
Advice please! Came off my pill January, got my first period March 31st, last 5 days. 31st April been and gone... do I risk a test (and the possible heartbreak)? Or would you stick it out and assume they’re going to be erratic for a few months? Partner and I did try on my high chance days in between.

Reactions: 2
Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place but did anyone have high hcg levels but not pregnancy seen on ultrasound? Had to have a scan today for medical reasons and they can’t see a pregnancy. My levels are about 2500 and due to lmp I am 6 weeks. Epu said they’d expect to see something with my levels that high and basically to expect the worst. Have to have my bloods done again on Saturday to see what they’re doing and go from there. Didn’t know if anyone had the same happen to them and it turned out to be ok? Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place, my heads all over the place with things looking less than hopeful

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m glad your dads reaction surprised you. I know my dad will be happy but my mother is difficult to say the least.: I like the ideas you suggested but tbh they’d not be good enough for her. She’d find a problem whether we did it in person or like that. She’s a very narcissistic person but that’s for another thread. I’m actually so scared to tell her it gives me anxiety even just thinking about it. my mil on the other hand lives at the top of Scotland and we’re in the Midlands. She lives alone so uses us as her “bubble” when restrictions allow. She’ll be happy.. but she can be suffocating at times. For example, we’re in the process of purchasing our first home.. she texts and calls my partner daily for an update on the process. 😬 which is why I want to hold back a while as I’m not sure I’m ready to deal with that just yet 🤣 we’re hoping to tell her in person which gives us a bit of time as she often comes down to stay regularly (well she did before COVID). Super excited to tell my own gran though, she asks me everytime she calls if we’re still trying.. but her and my mother don’t get along and she’d be like a proud Great granny telling everyone but I know it would cause problems within the family if she knows before my mother. Which is a shame because I’d love her support at the minute but I know she can’t keep secrets 🤣Ah sorry for the rant. My family annoy me 😫
I totally get you with the mother thing, I was dreading telling mine as knew her reaction would be tit. Waited until 20 weeks at Christmas. I told her and she couldn't stop going on about how she was so "disappointed", "I don't want to be a grandma", "why would you do that" (I am still bitter af about it 😂 ). But despite how "disappointed" she was, she's bought the travel system and half the baby boys section on the Next website, so maybe something has switched or my stepdad made her feel guilty about her initial reaction.

She sent me a text yesterday saying she told the women at her hairdressers and they were all soooooo excited for me... I really wanted to snap back and be like "at least someone was happy when they found out" but my partner told me it's really not worth the argument.

My dad is also annoying, haven't physically seen him in 10 years and all of a sudden he gives a tit with annoying texts.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Advice please! Came off my pill January, got my first period March 31st, last 5 days. 31st April been and gone... do I risk a test (and the possible heartbreak)? Or would you stick it out and assume they’re going to be erratic for a few months? Partner and I did try on my high chance days in between.
I was told by the GP when I came off the pill that you can get pregnant straight away, so I don't see any reason not to if you're this much past when you were due. Good luck!!

Reactions: 5
I was on the mini pill and basically had a permanent period but got pregnant about 8 weeks after coming off it. Had one proper period I think. (After 4 years previously off it without a sniff of a positive)
Do the test without expectation. Putting it off won’t change the result x

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice! Just realised I said 31st April...😆 Ok I'll bite and do a test!

Reactions: 4
A close friend got pregnant straight after coming off the pill so it does happen! I would say take a test otherwise you’ll be wondering what if ..

Reactions: 5
Thank you for the advice! Just realised I said 31st April...😆 Ok I'll bite and do a test!
As @littlepup said, putting it off won't change the result.
Only difference is, you'll be disappointed by your period coming rather than the negative result. ❤

Ladies please tell me if I'm being mad??

I was just in the bath and SWEAR I could feel a couple of movements. The first was like a subtle kind of stroke or sweep from left to right, as if they turned around, and then a couple of more subtle fluttery/bubbly feelings. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, reckon it could have been?? I cried 🙈🤣

I know it could have been gas or something but it felt very different... a very weird sensation! The long one made me jump 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I ordered some tiny clothes on H&M and wanted to send a picture to my mom, because they're so adorable. The look on my cat's face though 😂 I'm howling, poor thing, it's gonna hit her like a truck!
IMG_20210506_193514647~2.jpg

I'm around 14/15 weeks now and still no visible bump. But I figure she'll show up soon enough, for now I'm happy I can still fit in my jeans 😅
Good to know that lots of you also had no or only a tiny bump in the early weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So I ordered some tiny clothes on H&M and wanted to send a picture to my mom, because they're so adorable. The look on my cat's face though 😂 I'm howling, poor thing, it's gonna hit her like a truck!
View attachment 562386

I'm around 14/15 weeks now and still no visible bump. But I figure she'll show up soon enough, for now I'm happy I can still fit in my jeans 😅
Good to know that lots of you also had no or only a tiny bump in the early weeks.
You cat is already imagining what's coming 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I did have a similar experience - I went at what I thought was 6 weeks to meet my doctor and she couldn’t see anything on an abdominal or vaginal ultrasound. She did a HCG test and it was around 45000 but my test two days later was only slightly elevated (less than 46000). Assuming the worst, I went to the EPU the following day (had no bleeding so was expecting to discuss next steps). She did a vaginal scan and there was a tiny tiny heartbeat. I had just been too early and it was too small to see four days prior. Apparently two different labs processed the bloods which can cause an inaccurate reading and my EPU scan put me at just 6 weeks exactly so it had simply been too small to see. Also once a baby’s heartbeat starts to happen, the HCG levels sometimes don’t follow the doubling every 48hrs pattern. It really gave me a lot of anxiety for a few weeks expecting something was definitely going to go wrong but I’m now 12w6d and everything looks good. Your dates can be out even with a regular cycle, you can ovulate and then even implant late so you could just be too early for anything to be picked up. Easier said than done but try to distract yourself as much as possible until your next bloods. Keeping everything crossed for you lovely ❤

Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place but did anyone have high hcg levels but not pregnancy seen on ultrasound? Had to have a scan today for medical reasons and they can’t see a pregnancy. My levels are about 2500 and due to lmp I am 6 weeks. Epu said they’d expect to see something with my levels that high and basically to expect the worst. Have to have my bloods done again on Saturday to see what they’re doing and go from there. Didn’t know if anyone had the same happen to them and it turned out to be ok? Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place, my heads all over the place with things looking less than hopeful

• Heart
View attachment 562386

‘you have betrayed me, hoomin’ 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.