Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like my belly has finally popped (18 weeks) 😃, but it could also be the fact the “baby” has decided it really likes Ben and Jerry’s 🍦

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
You don’t have the option of a private room where I am 🤣 private is basically still sharing with 3 others and it’s totally pointless 🥴 my husband thinks I’m a total weirdo but I’m the type of person that wouldn’t be able to eat anything if my surroundings smelt like the maternity hospital 🥴🤣
Can’t eat most of the shite served in hospitals anyway 🙈 honestly some of the worst food I’ve ever seen has been while in with my babies. My poor sister was in for two weeks after her birth and the food was so inedible my mum had to cook her dinners and bring them up!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Can’t eat most of the shite served in hospitals anyway 🙈 honestly some of the worst food I’ve ever seen has been while in with my babies. My poor sister was in for two weeks after her birth and the food was so inedible my mum had to cook her dinners and bring them up!
Oh god the food 😷😷😷😷

• Sick
Reactions: 2
You have to put your orders in now with your birth partners, that's their most important job. With my first I sent him to McDonald's and my second I made him go get me a Costa sausage toastie. They were the best meals I've ever had. 🤣 Hospital food is bleurgh. And at our trust they did this weird bonding thing where they laid the breakfast out on a table at the end of the ward and we had to self serve to get us chatting 🙄🙄 I drew all my curtains around me 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I'm still here too. Absolutely no signs, no cramps or anything, but I feel like I need another 9 months to prepare myself anyway so I'm not in any rush. 😂 Next midwife appointment is Friday at 40+5, she's said she'll offer me a sweep, but I'm undecided.

The tone in my response to people asking if there's any news is getting more passive aggressive by the hour though!
Ahh mine is on Thursday! I've accepted to try the sweep, I'm intrigued how it'll go if nothing happens before then. How are you feeling? I completely feel you on the messages! Its so frustrating, even if I say I'll let you know if there is news I get another message 😒 x

You have to put your orders in now with your birth partners, that's their most important job. With my first I sent him to McDonald's and my second I made him go get me a Costa sausage toastie. They were the best meals I've ever had. 🤣 Hospital food is bleurgh. And at our trust they did this weird bonding thing where they laid the breakfast out on a table at the end of the ward and we had to self serve to get us chatting 🙄🙄 I drew all my curtains around me 😂
Same here, they tried to encourage me to go to the social room where everyone could get breakfast but I literally sat alone counting for my husband to get back. I get why they do it but it’s not for me 😂

Saying that, I was induced at 8am following having stayed the night ‘incase a spot came free’ and I had the BEST buttered toast and coffee following my waters being popped.
I had a student midwife do mine and she did it, and then squealed ‘that the first time I’ve ever managed to do it!!’ 🥴😂😅 glad she said after, not before so perhaps I was just relieved she didn’t stab my son 🤣

Reactions: 4
Breakfast bonding sounds painful 😂 I’m all for making new friends but does anyone really want to do that just before/after giving birth!? I’d be one of the women pulling the curtains too haha

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had a home water birth with my son , 9 years ago ! I just wore a bikini top , I don't have large boobs though 🤣 and they didn't grow either 🙈
Is anyone planning a home birth ? I will be
My boobs are unfortunately not small...I would love a smaller chest 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Same here, they tried to encourage me to go to the social room where everyone could get breakfast but I literally sat alone counting for my husband to get back. I get why they do it but it’s not for me 😂

Saying that, I was induced at 8am following having stayed the night ‘incase a spot came free’ and I had the BEST buttered toast and coffee following my waters being popped.
I had a student midwife do mine and she did it, and then squealed ‘that the first time I’ve ever managed to do it!!’ 🥴😂😅 glad she said after, not before so perhaps I was just relieved she didn’t stab my son 🤣
Oh god 🙈 😂
Breakfast bonding sounds painful 😂 I’m all for making new friends but does anyone really want to do that just before/after giving birth!? I’d be one of the women pulling the curtains too haha
Yeah I mean I'd been in labour since 7pm the night before, given birth at 3am, had about 2 hours of broken sleep in 48 hours. I was in no shape for talking to anyone whilst wearing an adult nappy. Just give me my cornflakes and be gone from my personal space. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah I hear ya it's not very nice 🙈 I paid for a private room 😂😂 could not think of anything worse than being in a ward with shared bathrooms etc 😂😂
I was saying earlier we are so so lucky that the hospital local to us have no wards at all. It's all private rooms as standard with en suite. It honestly made a world of difference. Being able to have that privacy was brilliant. Esp when it came to using the loo and showering.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I was saying earlier we are so so lucky that the hospital local to us have no wards at all. It's all private rooms as standard with en suite. It honestly made a world of difference. Being able to have that privacy was brilliant. Esp when it came to using the loo and showering.
Yeah that's so good!! Wish ours didn't have wards, there's only a few private rooms for £100 a night but totally worth it!! Will be doing it again in July if one is available 🤞

Reactions: 6
Yeah that's so good!! Wish ours didn't have wards, there's only a few private rooms for £100 a night but totally worth it!! Will be doing it again in July if one is available 🤞
If ours only had wards I would 100% book the private room.
The food wasn't too bad when I was in hospital....the toast was spectacular 😂😂😂

• Haha
I am literally so anti social you wouldn’t catch me dead at breakfast buffet bonding, no way. I know there’s a costa at the front of the hospital, I’ll be stood in that queue in my nightie lol

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Bloody hell I didn’t even think about the vile food I was more worried about sleeping with sheets no duvet or my own pillow this brings a whole nee dynamic. If anyone loves fruity things you must get the Rowntrees ice lollies omg 🤤

I am literally so anti social you wouldn’t catch me dead at breakfast buffet bonding, no way. I know there’s a costa at the front of the hospital, I’ll be stood in that queue in my nightie lol
Your hospital sounds suspiciously like mine does it also have a subway 🧐 x

The thought of breakfast bonding makes my insides curl up! I’m going private so will get a private room thankfully, the thought of a shared ward gives me nightmares. I’ve never really had any medical issues so this is my first real experience needing lots of care and appointments and I just don’t like it! My doctor said the rules have changed this week to say partners can now stay overnight but I detest hospitals so if we are well enough to go home without staying then that’s what I’ll do.

Reactions: 8
Ahh mine is on Thursday! I've accepted to try the sweep, I'm intrigued how it'll go if nothing happens before then. How are you feeling? I completely feel you on the messages! Its so frustrating, even if I say I'll let you know if there is news I get another message 😒 x
Physically I’m fine! Mentally is another story, had a cry this morning about labour, not being able to cope with a baby etc

The messages are so annoying, I’ve never been so popular in my life with people crawling out of the woodwork. I told my mum to stop and she was like ‘there’s no harm in asking’ 😬 So I just straight up said it was annoying so hopefully she’ll relax.

I hope your sweep goes well!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.