Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been taking pregnacare? The midwife recommended it to me so I got it a while ago... €22:50 was a bit steep so I’m hoping they are magical beans 🤣
Yes - I take this. I got it in Holland and Barrett when they do the buy one get another for a penny sale.

The birth centre looks good in my hospital and I really want to give birth there. If you’re low risk you’re automatically put down for birth centre birth. Only thing is it only has 4 rooms. Midwife told me they’ve got so many women due in August it’s crazy. My concern is that doesn’t sound like much space. In your experience have hospitals been rammed that you can’t get in or does it somehow just work out?
This is my worry this time! Our local hospital have a new birthing centre and it looks fab. I want to birth there if possible as home birth is now off the cards for us. I was meant to have my son in the birthing centre linked to the hospital but it was full, so I had to go to the maternity hospital. Who were also full so they refused me to go in. Told me I “didn’t sound like I was in labour and they had no beds and to take paracetamol” 30 mins later I had a bleed and called up basically saying I’m going in. Miraculously they found a bed and found I was 7cm after saying they was going to give me “a sweep to bring on labour” 🙄 I’m hoping this time I have a more positive experience but my midwife has also said lots of babies due in late october/early November 😬

Reactions: 3
The birth centre looks good in my hospital and I really want to give birth there. If you’re low risk you’re automatically put down for birth centre birth. Only thing is it only has 4 rooms. Midwife told me they’ve got so many women due in August it’s crazy. My concern is that doesn’t sound like much space. In your experience have hospitals been rammed that you can’t get in or does it somehow just work out?
We have 2 big hospitals in our trust (both pretty much city centre) and I opted for the one that was marginally closer to us in my first pregnancy (both around a 20-25 min drive without traffic).
When I went into labour the one I wanted was full and I was told I’d need to go to the other one which I did.

It was a blessing really, as I found the other one lovely and have opted for there this time around. Just hoping the same doesn’t happen and they send me back to the other one!

Don’t know what would happen if they were both full!? Assume they would divert you to another hospital!?

I took Pregnacare early on in my pregnancy and my nausea was absolutely unrelenting!
I started reading up and found that the iron content in that supplement is a lot higher than the recommended dose & can cause nausea and vomiting. I switched to Superdrug own brand with a lower iron content but the same folic, vitamin amounts etc and I was instantly so much better! I was still around 8-10 weeks so I’m pretty confident it was the supplement and not the nausea going away on it’s own.

Reactions: 3
I didn’t mention it because I think it’s a personal decision and that my experience is naturally of more relevance to anybody making the same decision to be vaccinated. Of course my main concern was the impact on my baby but beyond that decision being made, I thought it was relevant to share how I felt because there has been a lot of speculation on forums and in the media about the immediate side effects of the jab. Presumably if you’ve decided you’re ok with the impact on baby, your next concern is the impact on yourself. For me, I believe that there is enough research that I feel comfortable about the low level (and well studied) risks of an MRNA vaccine and also that this for me personally is a much smaller risk than I would take if I caught covid. It’s not simply as easy as being careful for another 6-9 months - life is reopening, I live in a City and need to go back to work and commuting by public transport at some point. I also wanted to reduce the risk of long covid which I can’t imagine is fun to deal with alongside a newborn and which has affected a lot of people who are otherwise healthy and young like myself. My doctor was supportive of me having the vaccine and encouraged me to do my own research which I did. I’ve thought about it for weeks and on balance, I felt a vaccine was the best decision for me but it’s completely personal and I spent many hours reading research papers and anecdotal reports before coming to a decision. Frankly if something now happens I’ll probably never forgive myself, however nor would I have forgiven myself if I’d caught covid and caused my baby harm or left them without a mother, there’s really not a right answer for everyone and it’s a case of deciding whatever you feel most comfortable with. Reporting that I feel fine after my first jab certainly doesn’t mean it’s all I care about above the impact on my baby.
Just wanted to back this up here and say that I caught COVID when my baby was nearly 2 months old last March and have since been suffering with long COVID. Thankfully now I only have residual symptoms such as still no taste and smell but last year I had continuous (and by continuous I mean literally nearly every day) bad headaches, neck and muscle pain, total lack of breath, brain fog + postpartum brain fog which was absolutely horrific and the fatigue. Oh boy the fatigue. My youngest didn’t sleep due to silent reflux but the fatigue from long Covid was something else - I used to sleep for sometimes 18-20 hours a day because I physically could not wake up similar to when I had COVID itself. Thankfully my partner was furloughed so I didn’t have to worry but it would have been a seriously scary time had he not have been because I was not functioning. My mum has had similar. So yeah, just wanted to give a bit of an insight/back up as I completely agree and understand why they should be offering this jab to pregnant people because it totally spoiled so many months of time with my precious baby that I will never get back and I would and will now have the jab if given the chance as I haven’t yet. But as above OP has said, it is an entirely personal experience and like taking any jab when pregnant (i.e flu, whooping cough etc) it is a risk to you and your baby but you do have to weigh them up and do what you feel is best for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Woohoo I’m 12 weeks today feels really exciting to reach this milestone 🥳.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Woohoo I’m 12 weeks today feels really exciting to reach this milestone 🥳.
Yay happy 12 weeks Dib Dab! I’m 11 weeks today so exactly a week behind you ❤
I feel like I can’t properly join in on the thread and be happy until I’ve had my 12 week scan. But I’ve come this far and nothing terrible has happened so hopefully all good signs.

Thank you to who put the pics up of the lovely sun dresses from Zara, I ordered the blue and pink one after seeing them on here!

Ive definitely gained weight in the first trimester to who was asking, but I haven’t been out doing my usual walks because I’ve been feeling so tit! Now I’m coming out the other side I’m going to try and get my steps back in every day so hopefully that should help 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yay happy 12 weeks Dib Dab! I’m 11 weeks today so exactly a week behind you ❤
I feel like I can’t properly join in on the thread and be happy until I’ve had my 12 week scan. But I’ve come this far and nothing terrible has happened so hopefully all good signs.

Thank you to who put the pics up of the lovely sun dresses from Zara, I ordered the blue and pink one after seeing them on here!

Ive definitely gained weight in the first trimester to who was asking, but I haven’t been out doing my usual walks because I’ve been feeling so tit! Now I’m coming out the other side I’m going to try and get my steps back in every day so hopefully that should help 🙈
It was me I love Zara I have more recommendations I do think that stress comes up big I should have bought a medium not large but it is still very flattering. ifyou want some nice outfits I bought a maternity set on h & m I will link it looks really nice with my bump and for once it is not long on me! And don’t be silly of course you can join in but I understand why you hold back I still worry a lot now I am 24 weeks today! Congratulations @Dipdab on 12 weeks I felt slightly more relaxed and @elloelloello it will come round in no time then the weeks will start to fly by Xx

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It was me I love Zara I have more recommendations I do think that stress comes up big I should have bought a medium not large but it is still very flattering. ifyou want some nice outfits I bought a maternity set on h & m I will link it looks really nice with my bump and for once it is not long on me! And don’t be silly of course you can join in but I understand why you hold back I still worry a lot now I am 24 weeks today! Congratulations @Dipdab on 12 weeks I felt slightly more relaxed and @elloelloello it will come round in no time then the weeks will start to fly by Xx
Omg yes plssss I saw a lovely lilac pregnancy set on new look like a midi dress with a cardigan but I think my hips are to big to pull it off 🤣

Good morning all!

Does anyone suffer from migraines? I get them occasionally and have woken up with a shocking one! How do you cope with them?

Unfortunately I have to work and have a midwife check up later so can't sleep this one off...

Omg yes plssss I saw a lovely lilac pregnancy set on new look like a midi dress with a cardigan but I think my hips are to big to pull it off 🤣
I’ve just brought that! There’s 40% off if you sign up for the newsletter! It’s really thick and stretchy material ,really lovely!

Good morning all!

Does anyone suffer from migraines? I get them occasionally and have woken up with a shocking one! How do you cope with them?

Unfortunately I have to work and have a midwife check up later so can't sleep this one off...
Yes!! Had them all my life. Only thing that worked for me pre pregnancy was cutting gluten out completely, I went from 4 a week to 4 a year.
But when I got pregnant from about week 14-19 I had daily migraines, the paracetamol, as you probably know didn't touch the pain but i found the cooling strips or 4head helped distract me from the pain so I could at least sleep for a while.
Midwife said if they got so bad she could refer me to the consultant and get propranolol (I think that's what it was called) but would need weekly growth scans. However they disappeared after a few weeks so maybe that will be the case for you. I feel for you they are horrendous and coupled with the fact you can't take any triptans it makes it worse 😭

Hi! What's everyone doing by way of exercise during pregnancy?

Pre COVID I was really in to the gym, but kinda gave up when they closed. I know it's safe to continue doing the same exercise you regularly do, but to be honest it's been so long that I can't say my body is used to it any more. I don't want to do HIITs because again I'm conscious of the impact but at the same time I don't want to be massively unfit throughout my pregnancy.

Has anyone looked at results with bump? I just want to feel like I'm doing something!

Yes!! Had them all my life. Only thing that worked for me pre pregnancy was cutting gluten put completely, I went from 4 a month to 4 a year.
But when I got pregnant from about week 14-19 I had daily migraines, the paracetamol, as you probably know didn't touch the pain but i found the cooling strips or 4head helped distract me from the pain so I could at least sleep for a while.
Midwife said if they got so bad she could refer me to the consultant and get propranolol (I think that's what it was called) but would need weekly growth scans. However they disappeared after a few weeks so maybe that will be the case for you. I feel for you they are horrendous and coupled with the fact you can't take any triptans it makes it worse 😭
You had them daily? You poor thing! Glad they cleared up that must have been horrendous o_O:(

I used to get them once a month on day one period but usually dosed up to the eyeballs for period pain I could just about survive the day.

Good call on the cooling strips and 4head, I will stock up on them. So scared to try anything as it's such a minefield on what can be used and what can't be.

Thank you ❤

@louichi I've just been doing daily walks, starting a pregnancy yoga class next week which I am buzzing for!

Reactions: 1
My mum saw me yesterday's for first time in 3 weeks, and said it looked like baby was going to pop out and minute, apparently my bump is huge and I've still got 9 weeks to go 😳

You had them daily? You poor thing! Glad they cleared up that must have been horrendous o_O:(

I used to get them once a month on day one period but usually dosed up to the eyeballs for period pain I could just about survive the day.

Good call on the cooling strips and 4head, I will stock up on them. So scared to try anything as it's such a minefield on what can be used and what can't be.

Thank you ❤

@louichi I've just been doing daily walks, starting a pregnancy yoga class next week which I am buzzing for!
It was 😭 but I defo recommend the Kool n Soothe strips, someone on this thread recommend them to me and they are defo a good distraction from the pain!

Pre COVID I was really in to the gym, but kinda gave up when they closed. I know it's safe to continue doing the same exercise you regularly do, but to be honest it's been so long that I can't say my body is used to it any more. I don't want to do HIITs because again I'm conscious of the impact but at the same time I don't want to be massively unfit throughout my pregnancy.

Has anyone looked at results with bump? I just want to feel like I'm doing something!
I was the same pre-COVID and before pregnancy. Couldn't do anything in the first 20 weeks because of sickness, but gradually started to do more home workouts - not HIIT, low impact stuff like squats, exercises with resistance bands, pelvic floor exercises, upper body strength stuff with my limited weights I have.

Funnily enough during my last few weeks (luckily I haven't had any pains), I've been going to the gym almost every day, doing low impact weight stuff. During this last week, I've tried to chill out a bit and mostly just walking on the treadmill at a pace for about 45-mins-1-hour.

I probably would have been doing a lot of swimming if pools had been open.

Any of you ladies around 11/12 weeks feel the top of the uterus coming up yet behind the public bone? I can't remember when I noticed it with my first baby?

I’ve been v lucky to have been able to exercise throughout - although baby was conceived around the same time the gyms closed and I only went back two weeks ago and am feeling very weak! Whilst gyms were shut I’ve been walking loads, running (albeit a lot less frequently and much slower) and doing a bit of indoor cycling.

Haven’t tried results with bump but signed up for the Pilates PT’s Bump Plan (look it up on insta) which gives you 5 workouts a week which are a mix of very low impact cardio and Pilates. Pilates has actually been amazing for back pain and learning how to strengthen core safely. I think she offers a trial week for free. Also have done a few Bumps and Burpees workouts on Instagram too which were more strength/HIIT focused with lots of low impact options!

Any of you ladies around 11/12 weeks feel the top of the uterus coming up yet behind the public bone? I can't remember when I noticed it with my first baby?
Hi I noticed probably week 12/13 then my pelvic pain started so I would say this is around the right time x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.