Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yay happy 12 weeks Dib Dab! I’m 11 weeks today so exactly a week behind you ❤
I feel like I can’t properly join in on the thread and be happy until I’ve had my 12 week scan. But I’ve come this far and nothing terrible has happened so hopefully all good signs.

Thank you to who put the pics up of the lovely sun dresses from Zara, I ordered the blue and pink one after seeing them on here!

Ive definitely gained weight in the first trimester to who was asking, but I haven’t been out doing my usual walks because I’ve been feeling so tit! Now I’m coming out the other side I’m going to try and get my steps back in every day so hopefully that should help 🙈
When is your NHS scan booked in for? Mine’s on Thursday!

I was feeling similar to you but we had a private scan last Sunday and baby was so wriggly it really put our minds at ease and we’ve started telling more close friends and family. Hopefully you’ll be able to breathe a bit after your scan and start getting excited ❤

Reactions: 1
Yay happy 12 weeks Dib Dab! I’m 11 weeks today so exactly a week behind you ❤
I feel like I can’t properly join in on the thread and be happy until I’ve had my 12 week scan. But I’ve come this far and nothing terrible has happened so hopefully all good signs.

Thank you to who put the pics up of the lovely sun dresses from Zara, I ordered the blue and pink one after seeing them on here!

Ive definitely gained weight in the first trimester to who was asking, but I haven’t been out doing my usual walks because I’ve been feeling so tit! Now I’m coming out the other side I’m going to try and get my steps back in every day so hopefully that should help 🙈
I was 11 weeks yest so we are only a day apart! When is your scan? Mine is next wed (I'll be 11+6)

Reactions: 2
Just had my midwife appointment, she’s gonna book an induction for next Thursday at 41+4 if he’s still not here. 😬

I think maybe I lost my mucus plug this morning as it was a lot more goopy than usual, but I’m not sure!

Reactions: 14
Just had my midwife appointment, she’s gonna book an induction for next Thursday at 41+4 if he’s still not here. 😬

I think maybe I lost my mucus plug this morning as it was a lot more goopy than usual, but I’m not sure!
Oo exciting! I'm due a call from the hospital today with potential induction date and it's playing on my mind! Fingers crossed it was mucus plug! I've been having a lot more very tight cramps this morning and still having some bleeding from sweeps so hopefully this may be the very slow start of something! X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What is also quite triggering is someone suggesting that those who have taken a jab haven't given any consideration to their baby. I had the Pfizer vaccine last week after lots of consideration but it was a personal choice after discussions with my family and health care providers. I am under consultant care due to hyperthyroidism, being a bit overweight and previous heart surgery. My GP was very non committal but the consultant actually talked to me sensibly about it and recommended I received one if I could get hold of one. I did a lot of research and for me, yes I was and still am concerned about the effect on the baby but I also read stories of women having to have early c-sections and being placed in induced comas and not meeting their babies for months. I am still working as a teacher and am keen to continue for my own mental health reasons- I do not want to be sat at home on the laptop every day for the next 12 weeks. I am cautious but there is still a limit to the things you can put in place whilst still working. I wouldn't try to convince other people to get the vaccine as I made the choice based on my circumstances and the risks involved and what I feel like would be the worst case scenario for me so I don't think it's right for other people to judge those who do take it up either.
I did say there was no judgement. I’m not judging anyone.

this post is helpful it shows steps you have taken to make a decision, the three posts I saw previously were literally celebrating that they had it and how they felt. Which didn’t sit well.

that’s all I was saying.

Reactions: 1

this post is helpful it shows steps you have taken to make a decision, the three posts I saw previously were literally celebrating that they had it and how they felt. Which didn’t sit well.

that’s all I was saying.
Awww let’s not turn this into a place where we mum shame even before our babies are here! ❤

also thank you for all hospital bag replies, I’ve screenshot every one! 🥰

Reactions: 10
I could cry

Work is awful. Ive been sworn at a bunch of times today

Argued with my partner

My house is a tip

Having issues with electrics and fence falling down

Ordered some furniture and theyve delivered half of what was needed to out it together. No idea when the other half is turning up. So now a bunch of boxes and around the house, just waiting.

Hip pain continues

Slept poorly

Feel crap

Ive been eating my feelings today
😢

Good things-
My dog

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I could cry

Argued with my partner

My house is a tip

Ordered some furniture and theyve delivered half of what was needed to out it together. No idea when the other half is turning up. So now a bunch of boxes and around the house, just waiting.

Hip pain continues

Slept poorly

Feel crap

😢

Good things-
My dog
“I could cry” - you are amazing! I’d have been bawling my eyes out hours ago! 🤣
There’s nothing that will make you feel better like a cuppa and a good whinge! No one here minds xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I could cry

Argued with my partner

My house is a tip

Hip pain continues

Slept poorly

Feel crap

😢

Good things-
My dog
I could cry

Argued with my partner

My house is a tip

Hip pain continues

Slept poorly

Feel crap

😢

Good things-
My dog
I cried so much the other day with my blocked nostrils that I had snot bubbles and started coughing 🙃🙃

I said to my partner ‘I hope I’m a really chilled mum with a chilled baby’ and he replied ‘but you cry all the time?’🙃

P.s everyone who has sworn at you today is a test x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
New here!! Just got my first scan date I’m excited but also nervous hope everythings ok!

Also for people who are really nauseous I found those sickness wristbands on amazon really good

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I cried so much the other day with my blocked nostrils that I had snot bubbles and started coughing 🙃🙃

I said to my partner ‘I hope I’m a really chilled mum with a chilled baby’ and he replied ‘but you cry all the time?’🙃

P.s everyone who has sworn at you today is a test x
Haha @wakametango ruddy blocked nostrils.
We all hope to be chilled hey.
My friend who had a baby a few months back says she still cries randomly

that’s all I was saying.
Did you read back in the thread where the same people had discussed their reasoning? I think you possibly only read a small snippet of the wider conversation.

Those with dry noses/nose bleeds... I’m 15weeks pp and only just getting over it - kept cracking & bleeding then healing then cracking again - nightmare!
Finally found nipple cream to be the answer!

Reactions: 4
Just found out I’m having a boy! 😁😁 already got a daughter so this feels weird. Got quite emotional when she said, then saw the little penis when she was checking something else which made us giggle.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Ooh fingers crossed! Not long now 😆
Best way of describing mucus plug is like a big bit of snot 😂🤢 that was my first sign of labour! Good luck mama

• Heart

Mucus plug is a massive bit of snot basically that's usually tinged with blood which is why it's called a 'bloody show'

• Wow
Reactions: 4
anyone want to give experience/thought process on getting an early private scan at 7 weeks vs waiting? would love to hear opinions on why you did/didnt?

anyone want to give experience/thought process on getting an early private scan at 7 weeks vs waiting? would love to hear opinions on why you did/didnt?
We did just for peace of mind that everything was developing as it should (it’s my first ever pregnancy and I felt a bit anxious as I didn’t really feel pregnant), but also mainly because my partner can’t make it to the NHS scans due to work so being able to have a private one on a Sunday was great for us!

Reactions: 3
I had booked one for last Sunday (7 weeks) which I ended up cancelling. I decided against it in the end for a few reasons... The first being that even if I did see a heartbeat etc, it is still the higher risk time so although it's short term reassurance I know I'd still worry up until my 12 week scan. The other reason was that I think when info get to my scan, I want the magic of seeing a baby rather than than a little blob 🙈 but it is of course personal choice and I completely understand why people go for the early ones. I'm still fighting with my thoughts about booking one!

I've got my first midwife appointment next week at 9 weeks and my scan date is now arranged for 10 June. So I keep breaking it down saying it's 4 weeks away, then next week 3 weeks, but then I'm away for a week which will be a distraction and take me to 2, and then when I'm back it's only a week away 🤣 I need to focus on something else!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.