Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just graduated from the ttc thread - 4 weeks pregnant & just found out. I've been having quite strong cramps in my pelvis - did anyone else experience this early on?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've just graduated from the ttc thread - 4 weeks pregnant & just found out. I've been having quite strong cramps in my pelvis - did anyone else experience this early on?
Congratulations!!
Yes with my first i had really bad cramps from weeks 4 til about 8 my midwife said they were stretching pains. They were so bad I'd have to sit down a minute! I haven't had them this time and can only assume its cos everything is stretched to buggery anyway. But if you are worried I would always say no harm in getting it checked.

People are weird and annoying.

MIL kept asking "how's my little foetus?" I stopped responding to her, I think she got the point and just speaks to my partner now. πŸ˜‚
My mum texts me most days with some weird affectionate (in her mind) term - how’s the little walnut, how’s my apple and pip, even things like how’s mummy to be or how’s my grandchild are just irrationally getting on my nerves. My patience for everything is at a low this week and I feel very snappy but I’m trying to bite my tongue a lot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Congratulations.
Always had cramps pretty much throughout 😊
It's usually normal as long as its not accompanied by bleeding 😊

Reactions: 2
Congratulations!!
Yes with my first i had really bad cramps from weeks 4 til about 8 my midwife said they were stretching pains. They were so bad I'd have to sit down a minute! I haven't had them this time and can only assume its cos everything is stretched to buggery anyway. But if you are worried I would always say no harm in getting it checked.
Thank you so much its really helpful to hear others advice! is there anything they can do to check this early on? I was under the understanding that until 7 weeks they can't check anything etc

Congratulations!! Yes it’s really normal to have random aches and pains in the first few weeks. I was super bloated as well! X

Thank you so much its really helpful to hear others advice! is there anything they can do to check this early on? I was under the understanding that until 7 weeks they can't check anything etc
They won't tend to check anything unless you have bleeding or pain that could be ectopic 😊

Yes I had what felt like period pain from the start until about week 7. I get the odd twinge now and again. Like others have said, my midwife said as long as it’s not accompanied by severe pain and bleeding then it’s normal

Talking about friends overstepping boundaries

I have a friend that keeps calling the baby "our baby" as in, she's part of the parenting or something
Shell say things like "were having a boy"
Like... that's not normal right?
Haha πŸ˜‚ my friend from work was like this. It’s definitely not normal but still funny πŸ˜†

Reactions: 4
Mmmm I'm not sure sure be honest, I didn't get mine checked as my cousin was 8 weeks ahead of me and had the same so I didn't panic plus there was no bleeding or anything. Im not sure what way it works with early pregnancy units?

thanks so much! also random but does anyone have a good resource for finding out what skincare products are safe/unsafe during pregnancy?

Haha πŸ˜‚ my friend from work was like this. It’s definitely not normal but still funny πŸ˜†
I mean shes being odd in general right now
Keeps calling my boyfriend Babe and stuff like that...
Maybe shes planning on locking me in the basement and steal my man and the baby πŸ˜…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Maybe shes planning on locking me in the basement and steal my man and the baby πŸ˜…
Hahaha this is so weird. Was she always like this? Is she joking when she’s saying it?

Reactions: 1
Haha she might be πŸ€” is she a close friend? She sounds a bit over familiar in a way you’re not comfortable with!

Haha she might be πŸ€” is she a close friend? She sounds a bit over familiar in a way you’re not comfortable with!
She is, but over the past few months her behaviour on many fronts has been..... questionable... shall we say

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Gahhh I think I accidentally found out the sex of our baby πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

We aren't planning to find out. I had a private scan today (15 weeks) because I'm a neurotic mess πŸ˜… but anyway, the lady asked if we're going to find out so I said no and she told me to look away while she measured the femur length from underneath, so obviously had a clear bum and bits view.

But in the photos that were sent to my phone, she's included that image πŸ˜­πŸ™ˆ there's not really any other explanation for certain parts are there βš½πŸ†βš½πŸ€£

I'm not mad, it also fits my very strong prediction anyway haha but maaaaan! I don't know whether to tell my partner πŸ€” I don't think I will, cos I could still be wrong I guess! 🀣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Gahhh I think I accidentally found out the sex of our baby πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

We aren't planning to find out. I had a private scan today (15 weeks) because I'm a neurotic mess πŸ˜… but anyway, the lady asked if we're going to find out so I said no and she told me to look away while she measured the femur length from underneath, so obviously had a clear bum and bits view.

But in the photos that were sent to my phone, she's included that image πŸ˜­πŸ™ˆ there's not really any other explanation for certain parts are there βš½πŸ†βš½πŸ€£

I'm not mad, it also fits my very strong prediction anyway haha but maaaaan! I don't know whether to tell my partner πŸ€” I don't think I will, cos I could still be wrong I guess! 🀣
The exact same thing happened to me! I got a pic from the hospital and there was no denying the little crown jewels πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
My husband knew as soon as he seen the scan pic too

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.