Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god! The uncertainty is absolutely horrendous isn’t it! Being off for soooo long. I’m a training manager and of course with most of the flights pulling out and very limited staff there is absolutely no work for me so hopefully things will get better 🤞 it must be so hard for the both of us being in this industry.. the good thing is as you said, people cannot wait to get away so I’d say our jobs are safe enough 🤣 have you got any word of to when you or your partner are back to work?
So I’m on furlough at the moment but my maternity will start soon. And my partner is back on roster but reduced pay. He’s got one standby (my due date ironically!!) 🙈🙈🤣🤣and no flights as yet.
I’m sorry you have the uncertainty too, I really do feel for you as we know how it feels. I’m just trying to be positive because people really do want to get away. That’s what we have to keep remembering.
I’m very hopeful for the future and for aviation- but it’s just been very testing during my pregnancy as Iv been worrying about absolutely everything! 🙈🙈xx

Reactions: 1
Those of you that have had a 16 week appointment in person, did you get to hear baby's heartbeat?

I have my appointment on Tuesday and the midwife is coming to my house. So I'm really hoping she'll bring a Doppler! Some friends of mine have been able to film it which I'd love to do so my boyfriend can hear too 😍🤞

Those of you that have had a 16 week appointment in person, did you get to hear baby's heartbeat?

I have my appointment on Tuesday and the midwife is coming to my house. So I'm really hoping she'll bring a Doppler! Some friends of mine have been able to film it which I'd love to do so my boyfriend can hear too 😍🤞
Yes! I had mine at the maternity unit and heard the heartbeat, but a friend had hers at home and she was able to hear it and film it for her husband 🥰

Yes I did and she let me record it for my husband too.

People are allowed to express feel they happy they’ve received the jab if that’s how they feel.
If you don’t feel comfortable having it, then definitely wait. But I don’t think it’s right to imply people who have got it - and are happy and comfortable with that - have done something wrong. Everyone is making the decision that is right for them.
i wasn't implying they have done anything wrong, I was just confused that they had not expressed any opinion on how it could effect the baby that’s all.

Reactions: 3
So I’m on furlough at the moment but my maternity will start soon. And my partner is back on roster but reduced pay. He’s got one standby (my due date ironically!!) 🙈🙈🤣🤣and no flights as yet.
I’m sorry you have the uncertainty too, I really do feel for you as we know how it feels. I’m just trying to be positive because people really do want to get away. That’s what we have to keep remembering.
I’m very hopeful for the future and for aviation- but it’s just been very testing during my pregnancy as Iv been worrying about absolutely everything! 🙈🙈xx
I know! I feel ya 🥴 it’s not nice at all! One thing I am grateful for to furlough for is no more 5am starts 🤣 I can’t imagine doing them while pregnant and being this tired 🤣x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i wasn't implying they have done anything wrong, I was just confused that they had not expressed any opinion on how it could effect the baby that’s all.
Presumably as they’ve weighed the risks as they see them and don’t think there is any way it could affect baby, no more so than the other vaccines pregnant women receive. I assume nobody would take a vaccine if they thought for even a millisecond it would have any effect on their baby.

Luckily I didn’t have to make the choice as I wasn’t eligible before I had baby a few weeks ago, and I don’t envy anyone who does face that choice now.

Reactions: 8
Just in case anyone is suffering from heartburn like I am, speak to your GP! I’ve been drinking gaviscon like water and found out you can get it on prescription which will save me a small fortune 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Mine don't do it until 24 weeks minimum as it can be difficult to find 😊

Sorry if this has been covered before ladies must does anyone have any must haves for their hospital bags!?
Or direct me to any websites where they have lists for you?

All I have so far is a water bottle with a straw has heard it’s easier to grab and drink from?! (And that’s just because coincidentally I was given one as a free promo at WH Smith!)

• Heart

I've never ever heard a heartbeat at a midwife appointment 😭 with my first and this one they've never done it! Only at private scans I've heard it which is annoying

I didn’t mention it because I think it’s a personal decision and that my experience is naturally of more relevance to anybody making the same decision to be vaccinated. Of course my main concern was the impact on my baby but beyond that decision being made, I thought it was relevant to share how I felt because there has been a lot of speculation on forums and in the media about the immediate side effects of the jab. Presumably if you’ve decided you’re ok with the impact on baby, your next concern is the impact on yourself. For me, I believe that there is enough research that I feel comfortable about the low level (and well studied) risks of an MRNA vaccine and also that this for me personally is a much smaller risk than I would take if I caught covid. It’s not simply as easy as being careful for another 6-9 months - life is reopening, I live in a City and need to go back to work and commuting by public transport at some point. I also wanted to reduce the risk of long covid which I can’t imagine is fun to deal with alongside a newborn and which has affected a lot of people who are otherwise healthy and young like myself. My doctor was supportive of me having the vaccine and encouraged me to do my own research which I did. I’ve thought about it for weeks and on balance, I felt a vaccine was the best decision for me but it’s completely personal and I spent many hours reading research papers and anecdotal reports before coming to a decision. Frankly if something now happens I’ll probably never forgive myself, however nor would I have forgiven myself if I’d caught covid and caused my baby harm or left them without a mother, there’s really not a right answer for everyone and it’s a case of deciding whatever you feel most comfortable with. Reporting that I feel fine after my first jab certainly doesn’t mean it’s all I care about above the impact on my baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry if this has been covered before ladies must does anyone have any must haves for their hospital bags!?
Or direct me to any websites where they have lists for you?

All I have so far is a water bottle with a straw has heard it’s easier to grab and drink from?! (And that’s just because coincidentally I was given one as a free promo at WH Smith!)
This is the list from my local hospital if its any help.
The only other things I can think is snacks like I brought nuts, chocolate and sweets just for quick energy hits. Also nice to have a biscuit with your cuppa after!
And yes bottle and straw top of the list

Attachments

• Heart
Can anyone recommend an infant car seat?

After our chats about them the other day I asked the midwife and she said I’ll need to have one to carry baby out in. I don’t really know what’s good so any recommendations appreciated!

This is the list from my local hospital if its any help.
The only other things I can think is snacks like I brought nuts, chocolate and sweets just for quick energy hits. Also nice to have a biscuit with your cuppa after!
And yes bottle and straw top of the list
Oh and phone charger lol

After our chats about them the other day I asked the midwife and she said I’ll need to have one to carry baby out in. I don’t really know what’s good so any recommendations appreciated!
I have a maxi Cosi cabrio fix (just because it attached to my pram - so you might wanna find one that you can use with the pram for quick in and and out trips) then I moved to the Joie 360 xx

If you're only using it to take baby out of hospital, if just get a cheap one.
Can just put baby in the one you intend to use when you get to the car then

Reactions: 2

That is absolutely stupid, isn’t it? If you are wanting to buy a non infant one like we were chatting about previously, could you just borrow the infant one from someone for getting out of hospital?

We have a maxi cosi cabriofix for tiny babies. It’s now on baby 4 and has done a great job.

Reactions: 2

I didn't get to hear the babys heartbeat until the 22 week appointment

We have a maxi cosi pebble, and will hopefully use for no2 all being well. I rate maxi cosi as a brand. We then moved to the Joie 360 once he was big enough (and my arms couldn’t take carrying him in the infant seat!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.