Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in the same boat as you - I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I have an early scan booked for Saturday because I've been so worried about things going wrong. I have decided to cancel it now because I am worried that they won't see anything which will in turn cause me to worry (when there may be no need to worry) and also because I figured even if I do see something, there's still no guarantee things will remain ok. I'm going to sit tight until my 12 week scan now which is 10 June (it was originally 14 June but I asked if I could have the earliest possible appointment) which I'll be 12 weeks by that point.

I'm so worried about everything, I'm such a pessimist but I'm just going to try and wait it out now. I have a midwife appointment on 20 May so I'm hoping that will reassure me ahead of my scan.
That makes sense - I won’t even be contacted by my midwife until 10 weeks and then I don’t know how long I’ll have to wait for a scan date from there.
It’s all so nerve wracking isn’t it?!
I’m on the Peanut app and I keep seeing women posting all these lovely scan photos from 6 weeks + where they’ve seen everything just fine, and I think I just assumed itd be the same for me and now that little voice in the back of my head is saying otherwise.

I think I've read a couple of reviews that say that - it's more I'm worried about putting myself through that moment again where they say they can't see anything. I think I'm just spiralling, I've been so positive about it all so far but I didn't realise how triggering the whole scan thing was going to be.
i think if you know you aren’t mentally strong enough to hear that they can’t see anything then (which is absolutely fine!) it would be better to move it a week. Don’t mentally torture yourself, scan anxiety is really, really tough so be kind to yourself! I’ve read many a story where people have been earlier then they expect and then the wait in between us torturous.
I’m 7weeks on the weekend and was going to get a scan but think I’m going to wait a week just incase, I had a scan at 8+2 with my son previously which is what makes me want to wait
that extra week longer

Reactions: 2
Having a bit of a wobble today. Booked in for a private early scan on Saturday, when I should be 7+3. The website for the company says it's an abdominal scan only (they don't offer internal at all) so be sure of your dates before you book - anytime from 7 weeks.

Anyway, I'm 90% sure my dates are right, but my worry is that last time I had a smear they told me my uterus was very tilted, so I'm worried they won't see anything through the scan. I had a blighted ovum a few years ago and I'm finding the idea of a scan a bit triggering (although waiting until my NHS scan also frightens me), and I'm worried that if they don't find anything it'll bring a lot of feelings back.

Anyone got any experience on this?
I've got a tilted uterus and they've never had an issues getting a clear pic from an abdominal scan if it's any help

Reactions: 3
That makes sense - I won’t even be contacted by my midwife until 10 weeks and then I don’t know how long I’ll have to wait for a scan date from there.
It’s all so nerve wracking isn’t it?!
I’m on the Peanut app and I keep seeing women posting all these lovely scan photos from 6 weeks + where they’ve seen everything just fine, and I think I just assumed itd be the same for me and now that little voice in the back of my head is saying otherwise.
Oh really! Where about are you? I was assigned a midfwife as soon as I referred myself to the team. They see me at 10 weeks to check blood pressure etc. Isn't it made how different areas operate.

I might take a look at Peanut I do keep seeing it. I've Googled so many 6 week scan photos but they are so inconsistent I think I'd rather wait (and stress the whole time haha)

I’m on the peanut app but tbh I found it made me worry more as I saw lots of things going wrong for people and I kept thinking “I’ll be next”. I’ve taken a step back from it now which is helping. Also I’m 30 and found that a lot of local groups everyone was in the 21-25 category which made me feel like a grandma 😫

Reactions: 4
Oh really! Where about are you? I was assigned a midfwife as soon as I referred myself to the team. They see me at 10 weeks to check blood pressure etc. Isn't it made how different areas operate.

I might take a look at Peanut I do keep seeing it. I've Googled so many 6 week scan photos but they are so inconsistent I think I'd rather wait (and stress the whole time haha)
I’m in Nottinghamshire - I called my GP as soon as I did my test and they said midwife would call me at 10 weeks. Wild how much it varies between places.

Thanks all for you advice and support, it’s so hard knowing what to do when you haven’t shared with many people. You’re all such a lovely bunch.

With Peanut, I just use it for the groups bit for asking advice etc. I’m selective about what groups I join but you’re right - during TTC I found the excess of info you can get through Peanut, Flo etc was overwhelming and mostly consisted of women that were struggling with medical issues or had been trying for years. It freaked me out and I had to step back.

Reactions: 1
I’m on the peanut app but tbh I found it made me worry more as I saw lots of things going wrong for people and I kept thinking “I’ll be next”. I’ve taken a step back from it now which is helping. Also I’m 30 and found that a lot of local groups everyone was in the 21-25 category which made me feel like a grandma 😫
I found that with the pages on the Flo app! Even the happiest topics had someone telling a horrific story and it’s really triggering when it’s your first ever pregnancy and you just want to get excited! This is the only pregnancy forum I’m on now, everyone’s so lovely and positive here! ❤

Reactions: 6
23+2 and literally can’t stop thinking about food. Appetite is never ending at the moment so I think baby’s on the grow. Anyone else or an I just a greedy so and so?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
23+2 and literally can’t stop thinking about food. Appetite is never ending at the moment so I think baby’s on the grow. Anyone else or an I just a greedy so and so?
I'm dreaming about this stage ...everything turns my stomach at the moment...I can smell things from a mile off and everything smells vile 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I found that with the pages on the Flo app! Even the happiest topics had someone telling a horrific story and it’s really triggering when it’s your first ever pregnancy and you just want to get excited! This is the only pregnancy forum I’m on now, everyone’s so lovely and positive here! ❤
yes, especially mumsnet! It can be really difficult to keep positive when you read such negative things at all time. My heart goes out to anyone in those situation but I think pregnancy is so delicate that you really have to be careful about how and what you read.
this is the best thread, there’s no passive aggressiveness which some places have and it’s lovely to read and follow everyone’s different pregnancy and post birth stories!

Reactions: 8
Such an irrational thing to be angry about but my partner just used the last of the soy sauce on his dinner before I’d had any! He got an earful off me, I love soy sauce and usually drench my dinner in it so I was fuming with him. Little things 😂

• Haha
I'm dreaming about this stage ...everything turns my stomach at the moment...I can smell things from a mile off and everything smells vile 😂😂😂
Oh god I can remember this time well so trust me it passes. I was vomming every day and couldn’t stand most food. Now I think about food at all times haha

• Heart
This is me right now at 29+4 I'm eating like a cow

Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
congratulations ❤

Some days are hard, yes.
But I think influencers are way over the top and it seems to be the 'in' thing to not have your tit together at all and almost seems like a competition of who can do the least and who has the least amount of time.
I've found plenty of time to shower and I've not missed a single meal and that's with an 8 year old, 3 year old and a newborn and my partner works nights.
You find time, you make time. You prioritise what's important.
I have an 8 year old, a 4 year old, baby and my partner works night too. Also never missed a meal 😂

• Heart

After having severe sickness for 20 weeks, I’m now eating everything in sight. I’m 26 weeks now and have started having my lunch sandwiches as soon as I get to work at 8am... that’s after 3 weetabix at 7am 😄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
After having severe sickness for 20 weeks, I’m now eating everything in sight. I’m 26 weeks now and have started having my lunch sandwiches as soon as I get to work at 8am... that’s after 3 weetabix at 7am 😄
I long to get to this day! Nearly 18 weeks so hopefully will be soon 🤞😂

Sweaty Betty leggings are amazing not see through I am still wearing a medium even with a larger bump now I bought the 7/8 because I am short and they fit really well.

I bet new born life is difficult but my step son was wonderful baby and my partner will be there if I need a shower how ridiculous to try and convince us we can’t shower etc Kate L was really irritating on celebrity bumps. Millions of women have had children successfully in all cultures some with no or limited resources I think we will all be ok x
ooooh sweaty Betty I miss the most I can’t wait to fit back into their amazing clothes 😍 the emails they send me on a daily are just torture being the size that I am now 🐳 😅wish they had maternity options x

• Heart
Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
Congratulations!!!

ooooh sweaty Betty I miss the most I can’t wait to fit back into their amazing clothes 😍 the emails they send me on a daily are just torture being the size that I am now 🐳 😅wish they had maternity options x
I’m 23 weeks on Friday I can still wear medium but they are getting tight. I have a large high waisted seamless pair which are too big so hopefully will see me through to the end. Bicester village sell lots of styles for a good discount too but I love them fantastic leggings 💕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.