Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ilando

VIP Member
So I’m finally a mommy after years of heartache. Little man arrived 24 hours after my induction started. Birth was nice and straightforward mainly because I screamed for an epidural 🥴

Home the next day and we’re doing well. His birth weight showed what nonsense the growth scans are. He was on the 99th centile, predicted to be 10lb etc... he was born at 39 weeks +4 and was 6lb 13!

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Lucas2018

Baby no2 arrived early hours of this morning (on their due date!) making a very speedy and dramatic entrance! We chose to have a surprise this time but now have 2 beautiful boys 💙

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Neo2021

VIP Member
Hi Ladies

I’m not sure how to write this or what to say but I’ll be leaving this thread. We haven’t had good news and Baby N isn’t going to survive so I am having surgery on Wednesday.

I wish you all the luck in the world and thank you for being the most supportive people who live in my phone.

Hopefully I’ll be back at some point xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

baby was delivered safely and soundly and they’re really pleased with how she’s coping on neonatal! She’s beautiful 💖. It’s been a whirlwind of a day, I’m still having my kidney function and oxygen levels monitored thanks to good old pre eclampsia but blood pressure is stabilising thank god. The care we’ve received has been second to none.
Hope everyone is ok 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

so last night the consultant came to see me and they’ve made a decision to deliver the baby today.

I was moved up to my own room in delivery suite and my partner stayed with me.
Baby could be brought out by midday. I’m really scared but they’re sure baby will be ok.

just sort of accepted it now but grieving all the silly things I haven’t got to do such as pack my own hospital bag, have the option to give birth naturally, won’t have that skin to skin time, can’t bring her home for a while etc etc. I feel like my body has let her down that she can’t have these extra 9 weeks she needs.

that being said, the care we’ve received has been amazing and I just know she’ll be in safe hands.

thanks so much for all your love and support 💖💖💖

So I’m finally a mommy after years of heartache. Little man arrived 24 hours after my induction started. Birth was nice and straightforward mainly because I screamed for an epidural 🥴

Home the next day and we’re doing well. His birth weight showed what nonsense the growth scans are. He was on the 99th centile, predicted to be 10lb etc... he was born at 39 weeks +4 and was 6lb 13!
a huge congratulations!!! Hope you’re both ok x x x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Neo2021

VIP Member
We’ve been for our scan and baby Neo’s head hasn’t developed like it should so we’re being referred to Fetal Medicine who will ring us tomorrow.
I’ll be back when I have an update. Love you to you all x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Ilando

VIP Member
I’ve had my induction moved forward so I’m going in tomorrow. Nervous and excited and have replenished the snack bag after I’ve been raiding it for the last week 😁

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Kitt

VIP Member
Plot twist: baby is head down and probably has been this whole time. What we thought was the head are his feet?! He’s head down, right in the middle, perfect spot. Perfectly happy in there. Text my midwife saying ‘you’d have lost a million pounds!’ Cause she was like ‘I’d bet a million pounds he’s breech!’

So now I have to get my head around the fact that I’m giving birth vaginally! So unexpected. Can’t believe it. Time to get on my birthing ball!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Oh congratulations, I’m so happy for you and so glad you’re both doing well. Is she a teeny weeny little one? I’m guessing you had a caesarean? Would love to hear how that went since I’m heading towards one myself soon. Sorry so many questions, really glad everything’s ok. Been thinking of you all day 🧡
She is tiny indeed at 2lb 9. I had a caesarean and all in all it went really well. I was still scared in parts because I just hadn’t given myself time to mentally prepare (didn’t get to do my hypnobirthing course and my positive birth book went out the window). They were also concerned I would bleed heavy because my placenta was all over the place…but minimal bleeding so yay. It is a very strange experience but that moment they show you the baby there’s no feeling like it. I was sick after but my whole pregnancy has been sponsored by sickness, so what was a bit more haha.

Omg I need these I cannot sleep doing my head in!

Oh my god congratulations 🥳 does she have a name glad you are all ok after such a stressful time and you so calm. Glad you have had such great care and I hope you get better soon xx
She sure does, her name is Ayda 🙂. Thank you 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
The Dr has been round to see me and sadly my bloods show worsening pre eclampsia. They are keeping me in on a day by day basis to monitor my blood pressure and the medication. Sadly my little one might end up being brought out soon if they can’t get the blood pressure under control. I know she’ll thrive at 31 weeks but it’s still hard to take. I hope we get a few more weeks at least in the womb. 🤞🤞

(Over heard the snorer being told she can go home today).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Thanks all for the combi feeding advice. My head was frazzled over it but I guess I’ll just have to wing it and see how it goes!

Been to Tesco this morning, had a few baby bits in the trolley and my conversation went like this with the absolute toad on checkout -

“Who’s having a baby then?”
Oh, I am
“Are you? *stares up and down* You don’t look like you are. When are you due then?”
November.
“November? It must be the end then, so you’ll probably have it in December. Ha. Be fun cooking the turkey with a newborn. I hope your old man knows how to change a nappy”
Err… yeah. I’m due in the middle but they’ll come when they want I guess *trying to still smile sweetly but all I can think about is the chocolate croissant in my trolley*
“Is everything alright then? With the baby? You’re very small”
Yeah, absolutely fine thanks, baby’s growing just perfectly.
“Well you’ll want to keep an eye on that”.
Yeah, I will, thanks.
“You’re definitely having a boy anyway, by the shape of your bump”.

🤯

I hate people. Now eating my chocolate croissant - Pret’s from the freezer section and they are divine AND make your kitchen smell amazing.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

JLXRD

VIP Member
Hi all 👋

Hope you don’t mind me joining in 😊 I found out I was pregnant on Sunday but been waiting to come over here. By ovulation I think I’m 4 weeks today, but by date of last period I’m like 5+5. Still very early days so I’m just keeping everything crossed for a sticky baby.

This is my first baby and I’m super excited but also very anxious. Don’t really have any symptoms yet other than sore boobs and sleeping really badly. Going to call my doctors today to book all my appointments and things in.

I’ve been lurking here over the past few days and have already started watching Bad Girls last night after reading about it here 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Belle Amie

VIP Member
Just had an early scan because I’m such a pessimist that something will have gone wrong with me. We saw their little heart beat pounding away 🥺🥺 they’ve dated me at 6+4. They’re real and not something I’ve imagined in my head!

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
Benefit of not going into hospital is I get to have my haircut in the morning. I have a very short haircut and I have very straight thick hair so if it grows too long i start to look like a Lego man. I was dreading being stuck in hospital unable to get my haircut and my first photos with my baby I look like this:

4FDB3D39-6CF3-4ADD-BFD4-487F690AE9BD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Sorry @Babyyoda88 i can’t remember how many weeks baby was born at? I’m so pleased everything went well for you both 💖
She was born at 31 weeks 1 day, bless her.
she’s feeling very sorry for herself 😔 she doesn’t like being poked and prodded. But she’s a strong girl and in great hands 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Sslb_18

Chatty Member
I absolutely love this thread.
I’m only 9 weeks pregnant and still feel a bit in limbo, slightly irrelevant maybe with the lack of appointments in the early weeks!

However I did have an early private scan and I do have the midwife next week so can’t wait to start going through the motions to make it start feeling even more real!
Thanks for being such an excellent bunch and I can’t wait to post more! 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Guys I’ve just had a funny/embarrassing experience at my Hollywood wax…

I mentioned in the last thread about haemorrhoids. I nearly cancelled my wax because of it but decided to go and just asked the lady to skip the back bit. I’ve been going there years so straight away she was like why, so I explained the situation. Then I told her how I’d been crying into Google at the weekend when I noticed and had been worrying about it this whole time.

She basically said it was fine to wax there either way but then when she got to that part and had a look, fully cracked up laughing 🙈 Told me it’s not haemorrhoids and she could barely see anything, at most it’s a small skin tag. Laughed all the way through waxing my arse and told me she couldn’t believe I’d been crying about it.

So, there was me thinking I might need a trip to the doctor which is out of the window after a wax 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Ilando

VIP Member
Thank you for the support 🥰 Induction started and already feel like this will last a few days. Had codeine and bouncing on my birthing ball so hopefully things will get moving xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Borntorun

VIP Member
I’ve discovered where my husbands terrible taste in baby names comes from. My MIL has just suggested Eugenio…

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23