Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adding some blue to this girl heavy thread as we found out today we are having baby boy number 3! Burst into tears and can’t really work out how I’m feeling (think overwhelmed as it’s our last over disappointed about it not being a girl as I’d never be disappointed as my boys are absolutely lush and SO different) but just chuffed and lucky he’s still looking lovely and healthy and so excited to have a full on club of boys. 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just got out my 36 week midwife appointment. Baby did exactly what I needed him to do and illustrated how he’s been switching between breech and transverse in seconds and the midwife was like ‘oh dear okay’ and immediately called the assessment unit at the hospital. Got an appointment there on Monday morning (37 weeks) to confirm his positioning. If they’re concerned about the fact he’s switching between the two positions I might be admitted until my caesarean at 38/39 weeks otherwise I’ll be booked in for the section and can go home but must be rushed in if any sign of labour approaching.
I didn’t realise that switching between the two would be such a problem you’d need admitted, I’m sure that’s a bit very fun possibility 😬 fingers crossed he cuts it out and just chooses one or the other. Either way it sounds like you will almost certainly be getting a section date on Monday x

Reactions: 3
By the way had a gobshite of a student midwife in with us. Midwife asked baby’s name and the student midwife was like ‘Finn’s a naughty boy name!’ And our midwife was like ‘no it’s not it’s cute!’ My husband was raging. Said afterwards ‘surely rule number 1 of midwives is not to comment on names!’

Also the student midwife spoke over the midwife and said to us ‘oh he’ll turn I’m sure. Only 2% of babies don’t turn so don’t worry. You’ll be birthing this baby.’ And our midwife said ‘no I’m not so sure because he’s never been head down.’ I think she was driving the midwife a bit insane, talking over her and speaking out of turn.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
By the way had a gobshite of a student midwife in with us. Midwife asked baby’s name and the student midwife was like ‘Finn’s a naughty boy name!’ And our midwife was like ‘no it’s not it’s cute!’ My husband was raging. Said afterwards ‘surely rule number 1 of midwives is not to comment on names!’

Also the student midwife spoke over the midwife and said to us ‘oh he’ll turn I’m sure. Only 2% of babies don’t turn so don’t worry. You’ll be birthing this baby.’ And our midwife said ‘no I’m not so sure because he’s never been head down.’ I think she was driving the midwife a bit insane, talking over her and speaking out of turn.
there is nothing I hate more than cocky students nurses/midwives. They are absolutely dangerous!

naughty boys name? Get in the sea.

im in a FOUL mood today

Reactions: 5
I had a student midwife in when I had my GTT in June.
She meant well and did what she needed to do..but if she had called me “sweetheart/petal/love/darling” one more time my head would have popped off 😂 if she was 20yrs old that’s all she was!
(This makes me sound like a radgie old lady - swear I’m only 31 😂)

I had a student midwife on my booking appointment who gave me severe bruising (a big green/black bruise that spread across the inside of my arm for about 2 weeks) taking blood. The midwife kept trying to direct her as she was pulling the needle about all over the place and she was like “I’m doing that already” and then finished and said “that was perfect” to the midwife. The midwife didn’t look impressed 😂

• Wow
Hi Ladies

I’m not sure how to write this or what to say but I’ll be leaving this thread. We haven’t had good news and Baby N isn’t going to survive so I am having surgery on Wednesday.

I wish you all the luck in the world and thank you for being the most supportive people who live in my phone.

Hopefully I’ll be back at some point xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Hi Ladies

I’m not sure how to write this or what to say but I’ll be leaving this thread. We haven’t had good news and Baby N isn’t going to survive so I am having surgery on Wednesday.

I wish you all the luck in the world and thank you for being the most supportive people who live in my phone.

I’m so so sorry to read this. Sending all my love and strength - we are here if you need us xxx

Reactions: 1
Hi Ladies

I'm so sorry to hear this. Look after yourself 💞

I didn’t realise that switching between the two would be such a problem you’d need admitted, I’m sure that’s a bit very fun possibility 😬 fingers crossed he cuts it out and just chooses one or the other. Either way it sounds like you will almost certainly be getting a section date on Monday x
When baby is transverse or switching around there’s a risk of a cord prolapse if you were to go into labour and the cervix started opening and that would be really dangerous so they monitor you and get baby out immediately at any sign of labour. I’m currently sat trying to decide what books to take in with me if I am admitted to hospital cause two weeks in hospital sounds boring as fuuuuck!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi Ladies

Sending you lots of love xx

Hi Ladies

I’m so sorry. I hope your ok. Sending lots of love to you and Mr Neo. If you ever need to talk everyone is here xxx

Hi Ladies

I’m so so sorry. Sending you love. We are all here for you and thinking of you xxxx

Hi Ladies

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this! You sound so strong, I really hope you’re okay. Don’t feel like you can’t check back in here if you need to talk to anyone. Sending all the hugs and love ❤

Reactions: 2
When baby is transverse or switching around there’s a risk of a cord prolapse if you were to go into labour and the cervix started opening and that would be really dangerous so they monitor you and get baby out immediately at any sign of labour. I’m currently sat trying to decide what books to take in with me if I am admitted to hospital cause two weeks in hospital sounds boring as fuuuuck!
Especially with covid visiting 😬😬 that makes sense about the cord, my sister actually got her cord wrapped round her neck in utero and she was lucky to survive.

Hi Ladies

I am so sorry to hear your devastating news. Much love to the Neo family, I’m so sorry for your loss.

Reactions: 1
Hi Ladies

❤❤❤❤❤

Sending lots of love and thoughts

Ah no way! That’s my eldest son’s name!!!

Just kidding 🤣 that’s bloody horrendous!
Oh lord that first sentence gave me a minor heart attack 😂 I thought it was such a horrendous suggestion I’d be safe posting as surely no one would have picked that!

This is why I haaaaate working with students at work! Sometimes you get a real gem and they do all the work and I get to sit down and have a cup of tea and supervise from a distance. But sometimes they think they know it all, dismiss my years and years of experience and then say dumb tit and you’re left wondering wtf to say next to make up for it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.