Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, at my hospital they hadn’t told me about it either! Obvs would have done one before I came in, but I didn’t know and haven’t been anywhere so why would I 🤷‍♀️ So just said I had.

@Nursty I know right, it’s so stupid, I feel like everyone’s just given up at this point!
Maybe we’re at the same hospital 👀
Other people that came in after me, think they were bookings, knew about it. It’s not on my app or anything about the test
I obviously have a whole to go til my 28 week appointment, but I wonder if I will be told beforehand to do a LFT…

Reactions: 1
I thought masks were still required in hospitals? My hospital still has bouncers at the entrance before you go in to check masks etc 😅
Haha same here! There wasn’t a single person in the hospital without a mask when I went yesterday which was good. We’ve been allowed scan partners the whole time too, but we’re moving house and will be in a different trust for the birth and I’m scared about the rules being different 🤣

I fall under a Northern Trust hospital and they've scaled back all the maternity services again :( Partners can attend 12 and 20 week scan but not longer able to attend routine appointments.
Yes southern is the same. Seeing a lot of businesses in Tyrone close because of close contacts or staff getting Covid so I'd say it won't be long before stricter measures are put in place 😢

• Sad
Yep, it’s awful. No, they’re not visiting, they are the dad. So wrong. Glad you have had good experiences with private, even though they do cost a fortune. If you could, would you have a home birth?
So far I’ve had a pretty uncomplicated pregnancy so I would have been an ideal candidate for a home birth but it wouldn’t have been possible where I actually live 🥴 I genuinely thought by November things might ease up but I really don’t hold out too much hope 💔 hopefully the baby comes in the middle of the night and I can leave the next day 🙏🏾

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Gosh I’m so angry and annoyed for you all in Ireland! I had no idea how strict it was and how frustrating and annoying, and scary it must be.

I’m SW UK - my husband has been allowed into all scans, though yesterday we had to change our masks to surgical ones at the antenatal clinic.
I admit I was really impressed with them as they had so much spacing and the appointments slotted out so we were seen within 10 mins of waiting, with my son the waiting room was packed out, but we’ve never been told To take a test or anything like that.

I’m still so baffled at how things can vary trust by trust! I’m starting to get incredibly worried about the end of the year and what might happen in regards to birth 😩

Gosh I’m so angry and annoyed for you all in Ireland! I had no idea how strict it was and how frustrating and annoying, and scary it must be.

I’m SW UK - my husband has been allowed into all scans, though yesterday we had to change our masks to surgical ones at the antenatal clinic.
I admit I was really impressed with them as they had so much spacing and the appointments slotted out so we were seen within 10 mins of waiting, with my son the waiting room was packed out, but we’ve never been told To take a test or anything like that.

I’m still so baffled at how things can vary trust by trust! I’m starting to get incredibly worried about the end of the year and what might happen in regards to birth 😩
I know!! When things are left up to local interpretation it’s not good 🥺 there is going to me major backlash over this especially due to the fact that some prominent politicians have been caught partying and breaking restrictions in recent days

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Maybe we’re at the same hospital 👀
Other people that came in after me, think they were bookings, knew about it. It’s not on my app or anything about the test
I obviously have a whole to go til my 28 week appointment, but I wonder if I will be told beforehand to do a LFT…
Ooh maybe we are…I’m in the north of england! They also had time to call me and push back my scan last week, so not sure why they couldn’t have mentioned it then 🤷‍♀️

Am actually really hoping I won’t need to go back into hospital until I’m in labour, fingers crossed! The final growth scan at 37w showed the baby is still on the 23rd centile with no growth concerns 🤞🏼

• Heart
So far I’ve had a pretty uncomplicated pregnancy so I would have been an ideal candidate for a home birth but it wouldn’t have been possible where I actually live 🥴 I genuinely thought by November things might ease up but I really don’t hold out too much hope 💔 hopefully the baby comes in the middle of the night and I can leave the next day 🙏🏾
I really hope it changes by November, and you do go into labour naturally 🤞🏼
I don’t know what the rules are in England regarding labour, but if my labour is anything like any of my births, I’ll be induced and on my own until 4cm (that was the last i heard)

Ooh maybe we are…I’m in the north of england! They also had time to call me and push back my scan last week, so not sure why they couldn’t have mentioned it then 🤷‍♀️

Am actually really hoping I won’t need to go back into hospital until I’m in labour, fingers crossed! The final growth scan at 37w showed the baby is still on the 23rd centile with no growth concerns 🤞🏼
Ah, no, I’m down south. How ridiculous that they didn’t inform you over the phone. It is so frustrating

Yes and the fact that in my hospital, it's full of partners who can sit in the waiting area, but not come into the actual room 🙄 I don't blame the hosp necessarily but it's a bleeping joke!
I was on an antenatal zoom yesterday and they talked about the benefits of skin to skin and the golden hour, well that's great n'all but that gives me 30mins with my kids and my husband 15mins per child if restrictions are to play a part! 😡😡😡

Now it’s getting closer to November I have so much anxiety over giving birth and potentially being left on my own with 2 babies if my husband has to leave 😩.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I know!! When things are left up to local interpretation it’s not good 🥺 there is going to me major backlash over this especially due to the fact that some prominent politicians have been caught partying and breaking restrictions in recent days
This is what takes the piss even more - how is it even thought to be slightly ok for people of ‘power’ to be doing the hell what they want whilst we do all we can to stop ourselves being vulnerable!

Reactions: 3
I really hope it changes by November, and you do go into labour naturally 🤞🏼
I don’t know what the rules are in England regarding labour, but if my labour is anything like any of my births, I’ll be induced and on my own until 4cm (that was the last i heard)

Ah, no, I’m down south. How ridiculous that they didn’t inform you over the phone. It is so frustrating
Ya it’s the same here the 4cm rule 🥴 I’m absolutely withered from all this. It’s our first baby and it’s really tainted by this absolute bullshit

Now it’s getting closer to November I have so much anxiety over giving birth and potentially being left on my own with 2 babies if my husband has to leave 😩.
I’m November too 🥺 sorry if I frightened you or contributed to your anxiety with my rant about restrictions ❤ I just hate that pregnant women are basically forgotten about in all this Covid tit

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes and the fact that in my hospital, it's full of partners who can sit in the waiting area, but not come into the actual room 🙄 I don't blame the hosp necessarily but it's a bleeping joke!
I was on an antenatal zoom yesterday and they talked about the benefits of skin to skin and the golden hour, well that's great n'all but that gives me 30mins with my kids and my husband 15mins per child if restrictions are to play a part! 😡😡😡
Ours can come, but they have to wait outside before they can come in the room. What a joke that they can wait until he waiting room, but not scan/midwife. Mind boggling!!
Once the babies are here, I don’t think the 30minute rule will apply, will it? Because that is disgusting if it is

Hi all 👋

Hope you don’t mind me joining in 😊 I found out I was pregnant on Sunday but been waiting to come over here. By ovulation I think I’m 4 weeks today, but by date of last period I’m like 5+5. Still very early days so I’m just keeping everything crossed for a sticky baby.

This is my first baby and I’m super excited but also very anxious. Don’t really have any symptoms yet other than sore boobs and sleeping really badly. Going to call my doctors today to book all my appointments and things in.

I’ve been lurking here over the past few days and have already started watching Bad Girls last night after reading about it here 🤣
Yay! I remember you from the TTC thread! Congrats! Someone relatively close to me in weeks I can experience through my phone with 😂 x

• Heart
I didn’t realise Ireland still had so many rules that’s so mad! 🙁 considering all the things you can do I would have thought partners being with new baby’s should be up there as a priority!

Hi all 👋

Hope you don’t mind me joining in 😊 I found out I was pregnant on Sunday but been waiting to come over here. By ovulation I think I’m 4 weeks today, but by date of last period I’m like 5+5. Still very early days so I’m just keeping everything crossed for a sticky baby.

This is my first baby and I’m super excited but also very anxious. Don’t really have any symptoms yet other than sore boobs and sleeping really badly. Going to call my doctors today to book all my appointments and things in.

I’ve been lurking here over the past few days and have already started watching Bad Girls last night after reading about it here 🤣
Congratulations and welcome ❤❤ Haha omg I’m trying to save bad girls for mat leave but I wana cave early!

Aww @Babyyoda88 i hope your home soon or at the very least the snorer is going home today 🤞🏼

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yay! I remember you from the TTC thread! Congrats! Someone relatively close to me in weeks I can experience through my phone with 😂 x
Thank you and congrats to you too! How many weeks are you?

Would be good to hear from someone around the same time as me, it’s so strange not being able to tell people in real life so I’m glad this thread exists (as much as I’m sure my husband loves me now constantly talking about pregnancy 😂)

I had my daughter 12 weeks ago. Was induced and my partner was allowed in from the start as I was put straight into a labour room and not the ward as I’d had babies before so they expected me to go quickly. 18 hours he was able to stay with me and for 4 hours afterwards. However my daughter was born very poorly and my partner didn’t get to hold her when she was born. She was delivered onto me but whisked away within 4 minutes as she wasn’t breathing properly. We were both allowed to visit her in Scbu around the clock, but not at the same time!! Our daughter was 24 hours old before my partner got to hold her and I didn’t get to see this moment and it still breaks my heart now. Throughout my whole pregnancy this was what I was looking forward to the most. Daddy holding his little girl. All I have of that moment is a photograph which a nurse took. 11 days she was in SCBU and depending who was on shift dictated if we could sit with her together. Sat at home when she was a month old watching the football matches taking place which were a free for all made me sick! We will never get some of those precious moments back as parents to our newborn.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
The Dr has been round to see me and sadly my bloods show worsening pre eclampsia. They are keeping me in on a day by day basis to monitor my blood pressure and the medication. Sadly my little one might end up being brought out soon if they can’t get the blood pressure under control. I know she’ll thrive at 31 weeks but it’s still hard to take. I hope we get a few more weeks at least in the womb. 🤞🤞

(Over heard the snorer being told she can go home today).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
The Dr has been round to see me and sadly my bloods show worsening pre eclampsia. They are keeping me in on a day by day basis to monitor my blood pressure and the medication. Sadly my little one might end up being brought out soon if they can’t get the blood pressure under control. I know she’ll thrive at 31 weeks but it’s still hard to take. I hope we get a few more weeks at least in the womb. 🤞🤞

Oh @Babyyoda88 I'm sorry. But so glad you're in the right place and they can keep a close eye on you.

I have absolutely everything crossed for you that you can have a couple more weeks x

• Heart

oh baby yoda sending so much love. I know you’re in the right place and doing their best for you. Hope you’re doing ok in yourself and she’s going to stay nice and snug for a few more weeks at least ❤
We are all here for you and fingers crossed they can keep it under control for you

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.