Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I literally just read today that the resting heart rate is higher when pregnant, no wonder we’re knackered 🥴😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve been doing absolutely zero exercise during this pregnancy as I’m so tired 🥴 I finally charged my Fitbit for the first time in months and my resting heart rate is like 80bpm 😭😭 I’m guessing this is normal is it? 😬
Totally normal your blood volume increases which increases your heart rate don't be too shocked if it starts peaking 100bpm at rest

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Totally normal your blood volume increases which increases your heart rate don't be too shocked if it starts peaking 100bpm at rest
I had mine done after an injection and bloods a few weeks ago and I’m not very good with needles and it was 111bpm 😂😂 I was like oops

Amazing thank you. I've booked on for Saturday's session! Will see if I can fit the second part in as well.

I did the Blossom Antenatal first aid course, it was £20 for 2 hours and I found it really informative. It was on zoom x
Thanks, I’ll have a look! Suddenly panicked and said to my partner the other day that we need to do something as neither of us would have a clue what to do in an emergency 😂

Reactions: 1
@Dipdab it essentially puts you on a chart to measure baby’s growth so if you’re 55th centile at 28 weeks it means that out of 100 babies there’d be 45 bigger and 54 small babies so your baby is in the middle. They measure every few weeks from 28 weeks (for me anyway) and they’re less concerned with what the centile is, they’re more looking at the growth over time. So if you were 40th at 28 weeks then at 31 you’re suddenly at 86th they’d want to check why that might happen. Baby has to essentially follow the same trajectory. Hope this makes sense, this is what midwife explained to me so I’m sure they’ll be able to explain when you start being measured :)

Reactions: 13
Thanks, I’ll have a look! Suddenly panicked and said to my partner the other day that we need to do something as neither of us would have a clue what to do in an emergency 😂
Same as us!!! I took notes and bought the first aid kit they recommended, so feel a bit more prepared. But I'm sure if something happened I would freeze and feel the need to open up my laptop and check up on what I was told! Fingers crossed we are never in that situation.

@Dipdab it essentially puts you on a chart to measure baby’s growth so if you’re 55th centile at 28 weeks it means that out of 100 babies there’d be 45 bigger and 54 small babies so your baby is in the middle. They measure every few weeks from 28 weeks (for me anyway) and they’re less concerned with what the centile is, they’re more looking at the growth over time. So if you were 40th at 28 weeks then at 31 you’re suddenly at 86th they’d want to check why that might happen. Baby has to essentially follow the same trajectory. Hope this makes sense, this is what midwife explained to me so I’m sure they’ll be able to explain when you start being measured :)
That’s really helpful thank you 🙂

Had my growth scan and she’s still small (I’m almost 30 weeks and she’s just over the 10th centile) got to go back every two weeks ☹
Edited to add everything’s going in to her from me placenta blood etc and her hearts fine - she’s just a petite lady 😂

Aww our little ladies, mines just under the 10th centile but they’re happy she’s following her own little line of growth and the placenta/heart looks ok like yours. Poor little things. At least we’re being monitored 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve been doing absolutely zero exercise during this pregnancy as I’m so tired 🥴 I finally charged my Fitbit for the first time in months and my resting heart rate is like 80bpm 😭😭 I’m guessing this is normal is it? 😬
This was actually one of the reasons I took a pregnancy test! My heart rate rocketed in the two week wait! Stayed up my whole pregnancy and now back down to normal

Aww our little ladies, mines just under the 10th centile but they’re happy she’s following her own little line of growth and the placenta/heart looks ok like yours. Poor little things. At least we’re being monitored 💖
Yes I’d rather go back every day and be checked! Just little ladies 😘

• Heart
This was actually one of the reasons I took a pregnancy test! My heart rate rocketed in the two week wait! Stayed up my whole pregnancy and now back down to normal
This was me too. The RHR rate will follow the temperature if your tracking that to conceive which I had been. So kept shooting in when I was pregnant. It went right back down to normal within a month of giving birth but has now gone right back up again. I think I need to see my gp about it!

As I'm nearing my due date it's definitely starting to feel more real and I'm starting to think more about the birth and lead up (after burying my head in the sand for the last 7-8 months!)

I've got three (very varied) questions this morning for those who have already got kids...

1) What is a mucus plug and how do you know you're losing it? Is it dead obvious? I'm just concerned because in the last week or so my discharge has really upped it's game so now I'm thinking what if that is the mucus plug?! (I appreciate this may well sound ridiculous but I am clueless!)

2) Tens machines, are they worth a go? A couple of people I know have recently recommended getting one or hiring one. Did any of you use one and would you agree?

3) I would like to try and breast feed, but I am worried I won't get on with it straight after birth and the pressure to feed will be too much. So, should I take some of the premade milk in my hospital bag, or am I "setting myself up to fail" as the midwife told me. For me it would be a back up and I would feel more reassured knowing I have it, just incase, but she seemed really adamant that it was a bad idea and I shouldn't.

Thank you 💖✨
I don’t think I even lost my mucus plug, definitely no ‘bloody show’ - who comes up with these names 😂

I’d def recommend hiring a TENS machine, it really helped with the early contractions. I also put on a couple of heat pads which were great too.

I felt the same as you re: breastfeeding but I just took the plunge and didn’t take any premade formula. If worse comes to worse and you don’t get on with breastfeeding, the hospital won’t let a baby starve and will have something to give them!

Reactions: 2
I'm another one who can't feel the baby on the outside yet. I was overweight before getting preggers to be fair, but I'm 24 weeks now so thought I would be by now. I don't even feel them that much tbh, but I've had 3 NHS scans and they've always been in there swishing about, so I'm not too worried...yet.
Seeing my SIL and our niece and nephew in a couple of weeks, they moved hours away a few months ago so I'm hoping the baby is going for it by then as we might not see them again before baby is here.

Just had an early scan because I’m such a pessimist that something will have gone wrong with me. We saw their little heart beat pounding away 🥺🥺 they’ve dated me at 6+4. They’re real and not something I’ve imagined in my head!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just had an early scan because I’m such a pessimist that something will have gone wrong with me. We saw their little heart beat pounding away 🥺🥺 they’ve dated me at 6+4. They’re real and not something I’ve imagined in my head!
Awwww that’s so lovely? Are you due next April so? 🥰

Ive had my midwife appointment and she said the scan would be between 8th and 15th august. So I think I’m just a bit down about that. I know they’re busy but this is supposed to be an exciting time and to be told ‘we’ll get to you when we do’ isn’t nice.
I’m sure I’ll snap out of it.
Thanks for thinking of me xx
sorry to hear about your dating scan. I had the same - I didn’t get mine until 13+6! We had a private one at 12+2 which I’m so relieved at because it was lovely. I’ve had so many private scans this pregnancy it’s ridiculous but you gotta do what you gotta do (if you can!) to help you get through bit by bit. Hope it goes well and we’re all in your pocket!

sorry to hear about your dating scan. I had the same - I didn’t get mine until 13+6! We had a private one at 12+2 which I’m so relieved at because it was lovely. I’ve had so many private scans this pregnancy it’s ridiculous but you gotta do what you gotta do (if you can!) to help you get through bit by bit. Hope it goes well and we’re all in your pocket!
I’ve had 3 private scans so far 🥴 trying not to have anymore but the 4D scans are kinda tempting me now 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm another one who can't feel the baby on the outside yet. I was overweight before getting preggers to be fair, but I'm 24 weeks now so thought I would be by now. I don't even feel them that much tbh, but I've had 3 NHS scans and they've always been in there swishing about, so I'm not too worried...yet.
Seeing my SIL and our niece and nephew in a couple of weeks, they moved hours away a few months ago so I'm hoping the baby is going for it by then as we might not see them again before baby is here.
I am super overweight but tall and I have been able to feel and see all of my babies on the outside even with an anterior placenta for 2 of them so don’t panic. Do you have an anterior placenta as well by any chance? That lessens what you can feel usually Xxx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.