Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Starting to talk about getting physio now lads. The struggle is real 😭
Where's this glow everyone talks about?

Reactions: 4
I had a blood sugar test (short version) last Tuesday and the midwife told me if anything would be wrong, they'd call me on Wednesday to schedule a second, longer sugar test, but that no news is good news. Noone called yesterday, so I was happy about that, but today around noon someone from gynaegology called me to say my results were very slightly off, so she transferred me to the lab to schedule the full on sugar test.
That's scheduled for next Tuesday and I asked the lab lady if I should mind my diet already, but she said I shouldn't.
Anyway I started crying after hanging up the phone (hormones 🎉), so I decided to call the reception of gynaecology again, but I got another lady on the phone. Asked if I should make dietary changes and she said I'd best cut back on sugars and carbs, just to be sure. She also told me that almost everyone has slightly raised results on the first test and that the second test is usually okay. I don't have any higher risk factors, so I'm hoping I'll be fine.
But I hung up and cried again because my dramatic (and hungry) ass thought there wasn't anything left I could ever eat.
My boyfriend calmed me down already, but I wanted to know if you ladies have any tips on healthy snacks, because I've been eating quite a lot of fruit this pregnancy, but I want to cut back on those for the following days.

I was thinking nuts, cherry tomatoes, carrots, the odd apple and/or pear? Anything else?

Edit: oh wow, this turned out to be a whole rant. But I'm desperate, hormonal and hungry 😅
They’ve really simplified a gestational diabetic diet there! So it’s not as simple as saying cut out all carbs and sugar - that’s not possible as you’d starve. It’s about balance - most diabetics tolerate some carbs as long as they’re balanced with fat. So crisps are usually good as they have a high percentage of fat. Wholemeal carbs are often better than white bread / pasta, and some can tolerate if they have lots of fat with that eg cheese on brown toast, or a small amount of pasta with a lot of meaty bolegnaise sauce… Im not sure this is a better explanation either but what I’m trying to say is all is not lost!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone else getting quite a bit of braxton hicks? Noticed they’re increasing! Makes me laugh they’re referred to as ‘practise contractions’ be nice if that’s how easy contractions actually were 🤭
I also thought this but mine have got gradually more and more painful to the point at which they wake me up at night 😩 especially when I need a wee! I’m actually a bit scared about actual labour contractions now if BH are like this!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Starting to talk about getting physio now lads. The struggle is real 😭
Where's this glow everyone talks about?
That magical glow is a myth. The real ‘glow’ is that sheen of sweat you get from trying to get off the sofa.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I also thought this but mine have got gradually more and more painful to the point at which they wake me up at night 😩 especially when I need a wee! I’m actually a bit scared about actual labour contractions now if BH are like this!
I still don't think I've experienced Braxton Hicks. I am however very achey this week and have barely moved of left the house because I feel so uncomfortable. The end part is fun! 😹

Reactions: 1
That magical glow is a myth. The real ‘glow’ is that sheen of sweat you get from trying to get off the sofa.
Honestly like! In bed the other night my husband was like, you're very pale and clammy, are you ok? I was fine like but that is the most amount of glow I'm gonna get 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Honestly like! In bed the other night my husband was like, you're very pale and clammy, are you ok? I was fine like but that is the most amount of glow I'm gonna get 😂
I had a colleague tell me "Oh, you're glowing!!!"
Little did she know, I had just seen myself in a mirror so I knew she was just being nice. Looked as pale as a sheet and a bit pimply ✨ But I did manage to put on some eyeliner that day 👌
Did appreciate her trying though, she's a mum of three, so she knows the struggles!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
28 weeks today yay! Been busy packing for our holiday in Cornwall. Sort of dreading it now, having searched on insta at pics and seen just how incredibly busy it looks. Gulp.

Really want to tidy the house and make the beds fresh for when we come home but zero energy left now and barely finished packing mine and sons stuff... Obviously daddy just has to think about packing for himself! 🤣

Reactions: 5
I know you don't technically "run out of room" but I think I'm running out of room. Every movement hurts and my stomach looks like a scene from Ailen. It doesn't help that twin 1 is engaged and twin 2 is blocking her exit currently so she can't move out, so she's forever deep in my pelvis and when she moves it feels like she's ready to pop out & say hi🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
28 weeks today yay! Been busy packing for our holiday in Cornwall. Sort of dreading it now, having searched on insta at pics and seen just how incredibly busy it looks. Gulp.

Really want to tidy the house and make the beds fresh for when we come home but zero energy left now and barely finished packing mine and sons stuff... Obviously daddy just has to think about packing for himself! 🤣
Also 28 weeks today 🤩
Don't worry too much, just enjoy your holiday! I came back last week from a trip and it was so nice just to be out and about!

Oh, and we went to a baby store this morning for our babylist and they have so much cute stuff, it's insane 😍
Although I'm kinda bummed that muted colours are so in right now. Just want some bright colours for my little girl, lots of the clothes and toys they sold looked beautiful, but so bland... Chose as much colour as we could.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just got out my 36 week midwife appointment. Baby did exactly what I needed him to do and illustrated how he’s been switching between breech and transverse in seconds and the midwife was like ‘oh dear okay’ and immediately called the assessment unit at the hospital. Got an appointment there on Monday morning (37 weeks) to confirm his positioning. If they’re concerned about the fact he’s switching between the two positions I might be admitted until my caesarean at 38/39 weeks otherwise I’ll be booked in for the section and can go home but must be rushed in if any sign of labour approaching.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just got out my 36 week midwife appointment. Baby did exactly what I needed him to do and illustrated how he’s been switching between breech and transverse in seconds and the midwife was like ‘oh dear okay’ and immediately called the assessment unit at the hospital. Got an appointment there on Monday morning (37 weeks) to confirm his positioning. If they’re concerned about the fact he’s switching between the two positions I might be admitted until my caesarean at 38/39 weeks otherwise I’ll be booked in for the section and can go home but must be rushed in if any sign of labour approaching.
Fingers crossed on Monday he is head down and engaged. These babies are so naughty 😂
Can you feel him when he moves from either position? When my youngest went from head down to footling back to head down, they said I would feel and see it, but I never did!

Reactions: 2
I’ve discovered where my husbands terrible taste in baby names comes from. My MIL has just suggested Eugenio…

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Fingers crossed he’s in the right position! How are you feeling about it all? I can’t believe you’re so close to meeting baby boy 😄

Anyone here have Gestational Diabetes? I had it ony first pregnancy and really struggled, getting tested earlier this time because of having it before. This is much more info this time around and really good Instagram accounts to help with recipes and meal ideas.

Had my 20w scan and happy to report all is ok and baby is still a girl! She showed us nostrils and pouty lips and spent so long on the heart I did start to worry for a hot minute but all is good 🥰
Apparently the stomach is a little larger but well within normal so obvs always great to have something to low key worry about (even when you know you don’t need to 😂)

I’m excited to start buying a few bits now!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Fingers crossed on Monday he is head down and engaged. These babies are so naughty 😂
Can you feel him when he moves from either position? When my youngest went from head down to footling back to head down, they said I would feel and see it, but I never did!
The midwife isn’t convinced he’ll ever go head down cause he’s literally never managed it. Yeah I can feel him moving a lot and he’s switching between breech and transverse and it’s noticeable. I think if he went head down I’d notice it and my bump would change too.

Fingers crossed he’s in the right position! How are you feeling about it all? I can’t believe you’re so close to meeting baby boy 😄
Tbh I’m good with the caesarean at this point. Kind of made my peace with it so if he went head down I’d be like oh.. I have to birth a baby? duck! I don’t want to be admitted to hospital for up to two weeks beforehand though, that would be so boring but if it’s necessary to keep him safe then fine. I know it’s so soon!! On Monday I’ll potentially know his birthday!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The midwife isn’t convinced he’ll ever go head down cause he’s literally never managed it. Yeah I can feel him moving a lot and he’s switching between breech and transverse and it’s noticeable. I think if he went head down I’d notice it and my bump would change too.

Tbh I’m good with the caesarean at this point. Kind of made my peace with it so if he went head down I’d be like oh.. I have to birth a baby? duck! I don’t want to be admitted to hospital for up to two weeks beforehand though, that would be so boring but if it’s necessary to keep him safe then fine. I know it’s so soon!! On Monday I’ll potentially know his birthday!
Yer, that’s true
I get what you mean about having your head round a csection. I said upthread that after the initial shock when I was going to have one, I looked forward to having the time and date baby would be born. Only for him to move and be induced 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.