Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish I understood midwifery more. I did a site sister shift once (basically look after the hospital) and had to go to labour ward to deliver a controlled drug. They kept their strongest drugs next to a box of aromatherapy which I found hilarious! I’m sure ylang ylang works but if I’m pushing out a human I’ll take the morphine any day 🤣
I’ve had to do far more training to do aromatherapy in the nhs than to give a CD 😂 they happily let me administer CD’s on my first shift after qualifying, couldn’t touch aromatherapy stuff until I’d done an entire course, and even then I have to fill out a risk assessment before offering it to a patient 😂 the nhs is strange…

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Same happened to me on the first test. Told to stay away from smokers and pollution. All while I was wearing a mask 🤣

I wish I understood midwifery more. I did a site sister shift once (basically look after the hospital) and had to go to labour ward to deliver a controlled drug. They kept their strongest drugs next to a box of aromatherapy which I found hilarious! I’m sure ylang ylang works but if I’m pushing out a human I’ll take the morphine any day 🤣

Sorry that I have been such a Debbie Downer this evening.
😂 I’d take drugs over aromatherapy too I think, as much as I love a scented oil and candle.

And there’s no need to apologise, everyone’s allowed a down day/week/whatever, some days are just crap but hopefully you can have a nice weekend

Same happened to me on the first test. Told to stay away from smokers and pollution. All while I was wearing a mask 🤣

Sorry that I have been such a Debbie Downer this evening.
Watchu apolosing for Willis? It's what we're here for no?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
@Babyyoda88 really thinking of you sweet! Got all my fingers crossed (baby) baby yoda can stay cooking for a wee bit longer and you can start feeling a bit better. You poor thing ❤ Sending love xxx

• Heart
Anyone experience braxton hicks contractions? I’m 32 weeks and noticing them more regularly! Tonight I’ve been so uncomfortable with them and feeling quite a bit of pressure

Anyone experience braxton hicks contractions? I’m 32 weeks and noticing them more regularly! Tonight I’ve been so uncomfortable with them and feeling quite a bit of pressure
33wks and yes I think so! It’s only just started the past couple of days..they don’t come and go like I imagine contractions would but my bump keeps going very hard.
When I walk I feel like a tortoise with a shell on the front, it doesn’t move or bend with me at all!

Reactions: 2
33wks and yes I think so! It’s only just started the past couple of days..they don’t come and go like I imagine contractions would but my bump keeps going very hard.
When I walk I feel like a tortoise with a shell on the front, it doesn’t move or bend with me at all!
I’ve started getting them already at 25 weeks 😩 although this is my second pregnancy. I’m sure I didn’t get them this early last time. It’s harder to tell as my uterus isn’t massive enough to feel my whole belly go hard but I recognise the tightness and stretched breathless feeling

I know I should shut up cus like, my complaints pale(?) in comparison to a lot of the stuff the rest of you are going through. But do ye ever just want to SCREAM! So much pent up anger and hormones and no way to release aghhhhh!!!!

Ok you all may carry on...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What are the opinions on baby nests? Are they useful?
My colleague raves about them, but I just wonder if there aren't alternatives like normal (sausage) pillows?
Oh, and if positive, any recommendations? Because some of them are sooo expensive! 😳

My colleague raves about them, but I just wonder if there aren't alternatives like normal (sausage) pillows?
Oh, and if positive, any recommendations? Because some of them are sooo expensive! 😳
We bought a purflo. Haven’t used it yet obviously but it had good reviews and is approved for overnight sleeping (which the sleepyhead isn’t). I think it was about £120 on Amazon? There is a cheaper version of it for around £50 but I think it’s smaller so baby wouldn’t be able to use it for as long.

Thank you and congrats to you too! How many weeks are you?

Would be good to hear from someone around the same time as me, it’s so strange not being able to tell people in real life so I’m glad this thread exists (as much as I’m sure my husband loves me now constantly talking about pregnancy 😂)
I’m 7 weeks today! So a week ahead of you roughly? Same! I don’t have anyone around me that’s been pregnant before that I’m close too to tell them!

I’ve been at a wedding today and danced so much my pelvis is hurting has anyone had that before? Terrified I’ve done something to damage my uterus, the joys 🙃

I’m 7 weeks today! So a week ahead of you roughly? Same! I don’t have anyone around me that’s been pregnant before that I’m close too to tell them!

I’ve been at a wedding today and danced so much my pelvis is hurting has anyone had that before? Terrified I’ve done something to damage my uterus, the joys 🙃
Im 6+1 so around the same as both of you too! Are you finding it hard not telling anyone? I’m kind of enjoying being 1 of only 2 people who knows but also feel excited to tell people!

Reactions: 3
I know I should shut up cus like, my complaints pale(?) in comparison to a lot of the stuff the rest of you are going through. But do ye ever just want to SCREAM! So much pent up anger and hormones and no way to release aghhhhh!!!!

Ok you all may carry on...
I was already a yes, and then I went to see the MIL this afternoon and I'm YES YES YES YES YES. I'll just be screaming away.

• Haha
So I’m finally a mommy after years of heartache. Little man arrived 24 hours after my induction started. Birth was nice and straightforward mainly because I screamed for an epidural 🥴

Home the next day and we’re doing well. His birth weight showed what nonsense the growth scans are. He was on the 99th centile, predicted to be 10lb etc... he was born at 39 weeks +4 and was 6lb 13!

• Heart
Reactions: 51
So I’m finally a mommy after years of heartache. Little man arrived 24 hours after my induction started. Birth was nice and straightforward mainly because I screamed for an epidural 🥴

Home the next day and we’re doing well. His birth weight showed what nonsense the growth scans are. He was on the 99th centile, predicted to be 10lb etc... he was born at 39 weeks +4 and was 6lb 13!
Congratulations!! ❤
Actually nice to hear about weight! I've got a 98th centile cooking away here. 😬

We've got a purflo. She loves it but doesn't sleep in it over night. Handy for the couch and things for during the day naps I've found

Congratulations!! ❤❤ Xx

Hi everyone,

so last night the consultant came to see me and they’ve made a decision to deliver the baby today.

I was moved up to my own room in delivery suite and my partner stayed with me.
Baby could be brought out by midday. I’m really scared but they’re sure baby will be ok.

just sort of accepted it now but grieving all the silly things I haven’t got to do such as pack my own hospital bag, have the option to give birth naturally, won’t have that skin to skin time, can’t bring her home for a while etc etc. I feel like my body has let her down that she can’t have these extra 9 weeks she needs.

that being said, the care we’ve received has been amazing and I just know she’ll be in safe hands.

thanks so much for all your love and support 💖💖💖

a huge congratulations!!! Hope you’re both ok x x x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Hi everyone,

so last night the consultant came to see me and they’ve made a decision to deliver the baby today.

I was moved up to my own room in delivery suite and my partner stayed with me.
Baby could be brought out by midday. I’m really scared but they’re sure baby will be ok.

just sort of accepted it now but grieving all the silly things I haven’t got to do such as pack my own hospital bag, have the option to give birth naturally, won’t have that skin to skin time, can’t bring her home for a while etc etc. I feel like my body has let her down that she can’t have these extra 9 weeks she needs.

that being said, the care we’ve received has been amazing and I just know she’ll be in safe hands.

thanks so much for all your love and support 💖💖💖

a huge congratulations!!! Hope you’re both ok x x x
Good lucky today babyyoda! Looking forward to hearing of baby girls arrival. 🧡

• Heart
@Belle Amie & @Mrsbumble seems like we are all very close in dates 😊

Yeah I am finding it super hard not telling anyone especially as I am such a worrier. Someone needs to put me on a google ban, I’m googling things all day at the minute. I really need someone to tel me to chill out 😅Ideally I would want to tell my SIL as she has now had 2 recent pregnancies and could advise me a bit but husband really wants to keep it a secret until 12 weeks so I want to respect that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.