Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive text his mum asking for his dad to call him for a bit of a dads pep talk. Eep. Feel anxious reaching out, but what have i got to lose..
How good to have allies on his side of the family. I’ve started calling his nan because she is so excited about the baby and she told me that I should kick him out if he swears in front of the baby 😂 I felt like saying oh sweetie, I’ve been working on getting him to clean up after himself because you did it all for him! In all seriousness though it is good to have someone on his side that you can reach out to too. Good luck with it x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My partner banned fruit juice the other week because he couldn't be sure it was pasteurised. There was a lot of arguing and me having to 'prove' through research on a government website that if it has a 'best before' date it's pasteurised. Give me strength 😭
MrPotato wouldn’t dare deny me food, he said no to a KFC and I cried. I might have forced the crying a bit, but I got a 3 piece meal so it’s all good in potato farm

• Haha
Reactions: 13
@Babyyoda88 Hooray! So happy for you! Enjoy your time with the babiest Yoda. What a lovely name you chose as well ❤ Really happy it went smoothly, wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Weve talked and i think we both feel better. He acknowledges that me and baby have to be a bit more of a priority now, but its not a case of me winning and him losing.

Facetime with his mum and dad in a mo. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Weve talked and i think we both feel better. He acknowledges that me and baby have to be a bit more of a priority now, but its not a case of me winning and him losing.

Facetime with his mum and dad in a mo. 😊
So happy you have spoken ❤ My husband really isn’t interested in classes, sometimes midwife, but we are on number 4 🙈 I don’t mind him not coming to them either, as we are in and out and he just sits there like a spare part, and that way we don’t have to find childcare for our youngest

Reactions: 4
Sorry @Babyyoda88 i can’t remember how many weeks baby was born at? I’m so pleased everything went well for you both 💖
She was born at 31 weeks 1 day, bless her.
she’s feeling very sorry for herself 😔 she doesn’t like being poked and prodded. But she’s a strong girl and in great hands 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Caught baby on video today having a little wriggle 😭 it feels so early to be seeing it on the outside at 21+2. Can’t believe I have another 19 weeks of this!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone had had a midwife led consult about VBAC?
I had one this week but felt like it didn't really achieve much - I have been offered a planned c section after an emergency last time and throughout this pregnancy have been inclined to go with it.

Essentially she went through the risks, we talked about my previous birth and then the more details I told her the more she was like hmm yes well a c section does sound like the better option for you....when I said ok can it be added to my record for it to be a section she fobbed me off and said no we don't need to decide that yet :unsure:

Just all felt a bit pointless. Is anyone else going through similar at the moment?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
she’s feeling very sorry for herself 😔 she doesn’t like being poked and prodded. But she’s a strong girl and in great hands 💖
Oh what a little gem! Bless her heart. So pleased you’re both on the road to recovery 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Congratulations on baby Ayda! She sounds a tough little cookie. Have they given you any kind of idea how long they’d expect you to be in NICU all being well? I hope you’re managing to get some rest and support too, I know being there can be brutal emotionally and physically without all of the actual birth recovery to do too x

• Heart
What’s the difference between a snuzpod, a lullago and a next to me? We had a lullago with littlepotato and it was fab but a friend has just offered me a snuzpod 🤔

Sorry to hear everyone feeling worried about their partners involvement in the baby. I think (sorry to generalise) men do struggle with emotions and what is expected of them in certain situations. Some men are fantastic, the right level of attentive/involved etc but most are not like the movies and won’t read to your bump or sing it songs or talk to it and give you foot massages. My partner is somewhere in the middle, he is an absolutely wonderful dad but does struggle to quite understand what women go through during pregnancy and does struggle to process the emotions of it all and let them out at the right time.

We had a really rough time with my youngest with lots of problems surrounding his and my own health and it did come to a head when I was told there was a possibility I could die during surgery. It was an incredibly scary time and I was even told I would have to write a will potentially and check everything was in order - despite everything being given the OK to go ahead with minimal drama, this REALLY affected my partners bond with my youngest for a long while and gave him post natal depression and anxiety and he says it still affects him to this day…so without downplaying anyone’s feelings, I do feel like men just are like sponges - they take it all on board but don’t say anything, feel things in their own time and are building up to what will be a hugely life changing thing for them but more under the surface than outwardly. My partner definitely didn’t show how much this affected him during the pregnancy and would never have outwardly got emotional or upset about any of it. I don’t really know where I’m going with any of this but just wanted to say, if your partners aren’t feeling stuff on the outside or showing any “care” towards you then they are probably doing a whole lot of processing inside and you will more than likely be surprised when your baby gets here, try to just focus on you and take care of yourself and the rest will come with it xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Nose bleeds? They another stand pregnancy perk?😂 having them daily now and it’s a bit annoying!😂
I got them when I was entering the 2nd trimester they were a pain 😭 I’m now entering the 3rd trimester and the bloody poos are back 🥴🥴🥴 sorry for the tmi ladies 🤣🥴😭

• Haha
Reactions: 2
What’s the difference between a snuzpod, a lullago and a next to me? We had a lullago with littlepotato and it was fab but a friend has just offered me a snuzpod 🤔
I don't think there is much difference in my opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️ all much of a muchness, I guess it's the actual look of the thing in the end that divides them.

I don't think there is much difference in my opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️ all much of a muchness, I guess it's the actual look of the thing in the end that divides them.
That’s what I thought! I’m going to have a look at the snuzpod.

• Heart
I’ve not looked at a Lullago but I did look at the Snuzpod and next2me and I think they’re essentially all the same! I went for the next2me because I preferred the one handed clip to let the side down vs zips. It also seemed a tiny bit bigger than the Snuzpod so I figured if baby still needs to be in our room it gives us a bit longer until they outgrow it. I thought the Snuzpod looked a bit cooler and the rocking function was easier (and went kind of head to toe rather than side to side rocking the next2me does). There really wasn’t all that much between them though! They both had the option to tilt one end for reflux too. Oh and the Snuzpod the top part comes off so you could move it around the home (not something I thought we’d do as we’re in an apartment but potentially might save you needing a separate Moses basket downstairs etc).

Has anyone here pre-ordered from online4baby?
We pre-ordered our travel system and also a bouncer at the same time. The bouncer came months ago and now the whole order number is showing as delivered.
I emailed them and got a bit of a curt reply like "it'll come on the date the preorder stated it would be available"
I'm a bit of a control freak and it's just bothering me. I'm scared I'm going to go into labour and we'll be stuffed for our car seat. 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Has anyone here pre-ordered from online4baby?
We pre-ordered our travel system and also a bouncer at the same time. The bouncer came months ago and now the whole order number is showing as delivered.
I emailed them and got a bit of a curt reply like "it'll come on the date the preorder stated it would be available"
I'm a bit of a control freak and it's just bothering me. I'm scared I'm going to go into labour and we'll be stuffed for our car seat. 😬
I've ordered from them many times and they've always been good.
I'd be doing exactly the same as you though 😂
What's the pre order date? Is it long away?

That’s what I thought! I’m going to have a look at the snuzpod.
My mum bought me this thing called a cozee my friend has a snuzpod and she told me not to get one because it is just a bit flimsy but they do get really good reviews.
@Nursty i rang them for quotes on my travel system and they took ages so I gave up with them I bought some bits from Uberkids and they were excellent I rang why something hadn’t been despatched and they said we were waiting for one item but we will send immediately and it came the next day. I don’t know why some shops are so rude when you have given them their custom x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.