Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone,

baby was delivered safely and soundly and they’re really pleased with how she’s coping on neonatal! She’s beautiful 💖. It’s been a whirlwind of a day, I’m still having my kidney function and oxygen levels monitored thanks to good old pre eclampsia but blood pressure is stabilising thank god. The care we’ve received has been second to none.
Hope everyone is ok 💖
Congratulations!! So glad to read this I honestly have been checking all day for your update. What a strong little girl you have and she has an incredible mum!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone,

baby was delivered safely and soundly and they’re really pleased with how she’s coping on neonatal! She’s beautiful 💖. It’s been a whirlwind of a day, I’m still having my kidney function and oxygen levels monitored thanks to good old pre eclampsia but blood pressure is stabilising thank god. The care we’ve received has been second to none.
Hope everyone is ok 💖
Huge congratulations!! Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
they are game changers!!!!
Omg I need these I cannot sleep doing my head in!

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok 💖
Oh my god congratulations 🥳 does she have a name glad you are all ok after such a stressful time and you so calm. Glad you have had such great care and I hope you get better soon xx

• Heart
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok 💖
Congratulations!!! I’m glad you’re both well, what a little superstar she is! And I hope you’re able to get some rest now x

• Heart
Congratulations @Babyyoda88 & @Ilando 💕

My girl didn’t get on with swaddles/swaddle bags or white noise and our mattress protector saved us a few times but isn’t hot. We also have tons of unused muslins 🤷🏼‍♀️😂 I feel like you just can’t predict anything until they arrive and see if they’re sicky or not, need comfort to sleep etc but you don’t need hardly anything in those first few days as long as you’ve got Argos (same day on some things), Amazon prime and maybe say Next who deliver next day up to 11pm to hand you’ll be absolutely fine 🤍

Massive up to the belly button, good for c-section, take a maternity pad knickers from Asda though….👌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok 💖
Such wonderful news 💓 glad babyyoda is doing well xx

Anyone feel sad about their babys father not bonding with the baby during pregnancy.

My partner just told me i will continue to be his priority over baby for a while. He said he will obviously want to protect baby, but he has no bond or love towards it as of yet. He spoke to a colleague who said he probably didnt love his own child for about 2 years.

Im really upset. Im glad my partner is opening up, but he's spent the last couple of hours mainly acting resentful.
-Resentful of what covid has stolen for him/us
-Resentful of him losing himself and the things that make him him. (as above)
-Somewhat resentful that all money should now go on baby and not him/his hobbies/us/travel

I feel very sad.

Edit- i still have about 11 pafes ro vatch up on, but wow @BabyYoda congratulations lovely. So happy youre both ok xxx
I think it’s so hard for men. They don’t feel What we do, they’re not growing the baby, and I don’t really think they get all the changes that us as women go through
I’m sure he will come around. He does not need to be listening to other dads in a negative way. My husband loves the kids, but prefers them when they’re older and can run around. Does not mean he loves them any less
I hope you are ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone feel sad about their babys father not bonding with the baby during pregnancy.

My partner just told me i will continue to be his priority over baby for a while. He said he will obviously want to protect baby, but he has no bond or love towards it as of yet. He spoke to a colleague who said he probably didnt love his own child for about 2 years.

Im really upset. Im glad my partner is opening up, but he's spent the last couple of hours mainly acting resentful.
-Somewhat resentful that all money should now go on baby and not him/his hobbies/us/travel

I feel very sad.
Oh pineapple 🤍 we’ve gone through the motions in this house too.
He was elated to find out I was pregnant but then very disappointed to find out it was a girl (he’s a sports junkie and wanted to do all the traditional gender stuff with a boy)…. He isn’t majorly sympathetic by nature so I still do most of the housework and cooking and has said stuff like I need to be quieter in the night when going to the loo or getting off the sofa. After a wine last night he admitted to my mum that he ‘wasn’t that bothered’ when discussing getting her ears pierced as he just isnt interested in girly stuff. He is ADAMANT being a dad won’t stop him doing the things he loves. he hates feeling restricted or confined in a way your partner as preempted his resentment.

us women have felt being pregnant from very early on, we’ve felt every ache, pain and change in our body. They haven’t. I do feel it’s harder to them to connect because they don’t experience any of the physical or hormonal changes that we do.

he’s extremely loving so I know once she’s where all his ridiculous statements will go out the window, he’s besotted with me so I can only imagine what a little girl will do to him.
I hope I haven’t hijacked how you’re feeling to speak about myself but in a nutshell, I understand how you feel.

how far along are you? Is it your first child?
I wasn’t happy during my whole first trimester and now I’m 36 weeks I’m finally starting to feel excited to become a mum. talking to each other is healthy as long as he is mindful of when and how he is upsetting you x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok 💖
Congratulations ♥

I feel very sad.

Edit- i still have about 11 pafes ro vatch up on, but wow @BabyYoda congratulations lovely. So happy youre both ok xxx
Sorry to hear this ♥

I struggled in all my pregnancies with the way my partner was.
He never asked how I was, never knew when I first felt them, nothing. He's never felt any kicks because he just isn't interested.
Never asked how my midwife appointments went.
He wouldn't even really talk about the baby.

So I get how you're feeling completely.
I don't know if it makes a difference but he was so so different once the babies were born.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh congratulations, I’m so happy for you and so glad you’re both doing well. Is she a teeny weeny little one? I’m guessing you had a caesarean? Would love to hear how that went since I’m heading towards one myself soon. Sorry so many questions, really glad everything’s ok. Been thinking of you all day 🧡
She is tiny indeed at 2lb 9. I had a caesarean and all in all it went really well. I was still scared in parts because I just hadn’t given myself time to mentally prepare (didn’t get to do my hypnobirthing course and my positive birth book went out the window). They were also concerned I would bleed heavy because my placenta was all over the place…but minimal bleeding so yay. It is a very strange experience but that moment they show you the baby there’s no feeling like it. I was sick after but my whole pregnancy has been sponsored by sickness, so what was a bit more haha.

Omg I need these I cannot sleep doing my head in!

Oh my god congratulations 🥳 does she have a name glad you are all ok after such a stressful time and you so calm. Glad you have had such great care and I hope you get better soon xx
She sure does, her name is Ayda 🙂. Thank you 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok 💖
So pleased to hear all is well! Congratulations on baby girl Yoda! Been thinking of you today! ❤

• Heart
I counted tonight/this morning and I've been going to the toilet every 1.5-2 hours. I purposefully don't drink too much of an evening to try and avoid it but I feel like I've spent more time in the bathroom than in bed 🤣 ffs!

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok 💖
Yay! Congrats! Hope you’re ok. X
Added - was she tiny like they thought ( if you don’t mind me asking, fellow small baby grower here!) 🙈x

She is tiny indeed at 2lb 9. I had a caesarean and all in all it went really well. I was still scared in parts because I just hadn’t given myself time to mentally prepare (didn’t get to do my hypnobirthing course and my positive birth book went out the window). They were also concerned I would bleed heavy because my placenta was all over the place…but minimal bleeding so yay. It is a very strange experience but that moment they show you the baby there’s no feeling like it. I was sick after but my whole pregnancy has been sponsored by sickness, so what was a bit more haha.

Ah just seen this 2lb 9 so tiny ❤

• Heart

I feel very sad.

My husband just doesn’t ‘get’ babies. Now my daughter is a toddler he’s come into his own, but he struggled with a newborn as realistically every time she cried I could just pop a boob in her mouth whereas he was stuck. Also babies don’t do a lot except poo and cry. This time he’s more excited because he knows what the baby grows into

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok 💖
Congratulations!!

• Heart

You’ve done so well, congratulations girl. 🧡 have you had chance to hold her at all? And I loooove her name.

• Heart
@Babyyoda88 what a beautiful name! So glad you’re doing better than they expected too, hope recovery is being kind to you both

men can be such difficult creatures. I agree with what everyone has said with the fact we as women, are so invested from the start as we feel everything and we do everything (the appointments, the attention is always on us) and sometimes I do wonder how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and it was him doing all the growing etc because it must feel so weird.

I also agree once baby is born they change even when they don’t expect it! I think men can be brought up with such defined expectations of what boys are ‘good’ for and what girls are ‘good’ and other men feed into that sometimes whereas us as mums are the ones to say hang on - girls don’t always mean dollies and bows, girls equally can skateboard (check out the 13y/o in the olympics!) and play football and vice versa with boys!

It does overwhelm but excite me sometimes that we are the generation channelling and challenging the typical gender stereotypes.

Equally it’s ok to feel pretty disappointed your partner or husband isn’t channelling the same excitement back to you, everything you feel is so valid ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Such wonderful news 💓 glad babyyoda is doing well xx

I think it’s so hard for men. They don’t feel What we do, they’re not growing the baby, and I don’t really think they get all the changes that us as women go through
I’m sure he will come around. He does not need to be listening to other dads in a negative way. My husband loves the kids, but prefers them when they’re older and can run around. Does not mean he loves them any less
I hope you are ok x
I agree completely. I have tried to get him involved. We did a short hypnobirthing course with my previous midwife so he could ask questions and learn how to be a birth partner. He never brought any of it up whilst not 'in a session' (we only had two).
Ive asked him to feel my tummy, read books, listen to podcasts- nope not one single jot. He is absolutely clueless. He knows how to change a nappy as he changed his younger brothers when smaller (big age gap) thats all.

Oh pineapple 🤍 we’ve gone through the motions in this house too.
He was elated to find out I was pregnant but then very disappointed to find out it was a girl (he’s a sports junkie and wanted to do all the traditional gender stuff with a boy)…. He isn’t majorly sympathetic by nature so I still do most of the housework and cooking and has said stuff like I need to be quieter in the night when going to the loo or getting off the sofa. After a wine last night he admitted to my mum that he ‘wasn’t that bothered’ when discussing getting her ears pierced as he just isnt interested in girly stuff. He is ADAMANT being a dad won’t stop him doing the things he loves. he hates feeling restricted or confined in a way your partner as preempted his resentment.

us women have felt being pregnant from very early on, we’ve felt every ache, pain and change in our body. They haven’t. I do feel it’s harder to them to connect because they don’t experience any of the physical or hormonal changes that we do.

he’s extremely loving so I know once she’s where all his ridiculous statements will go out the window, he’s besotted with me so I can only imagine what a little girl will do to him.
I hope I haven’t hijacked how you’re feeling to speak about myself but in a nutshell, I understand how you feel.

how far along are you? Is it your first child?
I wasn’t happy during my whole first trimester and now I’m 36 weeks I’m finally starting to feel excited to become a mum. talking to each other is healthy as long as he is mindful of when and how he is upsetting you x
Thanks for your message lovely. Im 33+3 with my first.
I was in hospital yesterday for reduced movements. Baby had not moved much for about 5 days. He just told me not to worry.. Totally missing the point that i should go and get checked out. I kept putting the hospital off in my mind as weve had so much on and then felt like a terrible mum, so i just called and went.

Im so excited to be a mum. I want to be a mum. Weve talked about having a family for years. Baby was very much planned.

((He is ADAMANT being a dad won’t stop him doing the things he loves. he hates feeling restricted or confined in a way your partner as preempted his resentment.))
Oh my, this entirely.
Why are men so worried about losing themselves!?

I feel lied to by all of the movies and social media-maybe its just my particular partner, but he has never
-lied down with my tummy out to talk or read or sing to my tummy
-he never kisses my tummy
-this girl has had no foot rubs, breakfasts in bed etc haha
-hes actually pretty uninterested in my changing body so to speak, but will look when i walk aeound naked and point things out.
- hes not read a single book
-hes not bought a single item for baby
- he has no idea what she needs whatsoever
-he has no idea of time frames and believes we can get her sleeping through the night in two weeks because some guy from work did with their baby
-he is a terror without sleep, pre baby!!
- he is being selfish and only seeing things from his point of view and how over worked he is. He is currently working two jobs (neither full time) as he took a huge pay cut due to covid and realised he spends alot when he does leave the house to do things, so had to get a second job.
-he does things around the house, but always with a sigh or a huff
- he still has no idea how to be a birth partner. Its the one thing i have asked of him
- he has no idea what will be in her nursery as i have bought everything.

Ergh, i just feel like im doing it all solo.

And he has the cheek to sit there and say he feels pushed out. Darling, she snot even here yet. Wait until she is and i have 0 time for you and your issues, washing, drying, cooking etc.. Im someone elses full time mama.

My husband just doesn’t ‘get’ babies. Now my daughter is a toddler he’s come into his own, but he struggled with a newborn as realistically every time she cried I could just pop a boob in her mouth whereas he was stuck. Also babies don’t do a lot except poo and cry. This time he’s more excited because he knows what the baby grows into

Congratulations!!
I think this will be my partner. He will be great once shes older. Hes obsessed with her surpassing milestones, being the smartest, walking early etc. Im like we have to be involved in all of that. It doesnt just happen. He likes talking about her as a teenager.

Im tempted to ask his dad to call him for a chat about parenthood. He has three siblings and his dad absolutely loves being a father.

Congratulations ♥

Sorry to hear this ♥

I struggled in all my pregnancies with the way my partner was.
He never asked how I was, never knew when I first felt them, nothing. He's never felt any kicks because he just isn't interested.
Never asked how my midwife appointments went.
He wouldn't even really talk about the baby.

So I get how you're feeling completely.
I don't know if it makes a difference but he was so so different once the babies were born.
This also. He didnt even really acknowledge my pregnancy until around 5 months when i was visibly showing and other people were pointing out that maybe i should rest /nap and not be heavy lifting etc.
He hasnt understood any of it so far tbh or even really tried to at all. Ive had a lovely, uncomplicated pregnancy.. What if i had been sick and bed bound. He would still be expecting me to cook and clean 🤦🏻‍♀️ ergh

@Babyyoda88 what a beautiful name! So glad you’re doing better than they expected too, hope recovery is being kind to you both

men can be such difficult creatures. I agree with what everyone has said with the fact we as women, are so invested from the start as we feel everything and we do everything (the appointments, the attention is always on us) and sometimes I do wonder how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and it was him doing all the growing etc because it must feel so weird.

I also agree once baby is born they change even when they don’t expect it! I think men can be brought up with such defined expectations of what boys are ‘good’ for and what girls are ‘good’ and other men feed into that sometimes whereas us as mums are the ones to say hang on - girls don’t always mean dollies and bows, girls equally can skateboard (check out the 13y/o in the olympics!) and play football and vice versa with boys!

It does overwhelm but excite me sometimes that we are the generation channelling and challenging the typical gender stereotypes.

Equally it’s ok to feel pretty disappointed your partner or husband isn’t channelling the same excitement back to you, everything you feel is so valid ❤
Yeah that's what it is. Disappointment and sadness. Who is this guy who wanted to create this baby but now resents its place in the pecking order.
It will get better. Im just struggling to like him this morning.
He even said last night that everything he does seems to annoy me.. (not everything, but ive pointed things out).
1.hes being very sensitive (hormones probably 😋😉)
2. If he read a book from a mans point of view or heck this thread then he would see this is totally normal. Men can be ruddy annoying in pregnancy.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think it must feel weird for partners. When I had a miscarriage a few years ago, my husband said it was difficult for him because everything was so centred around me. Drs/nurses spoke to me and kind of ignored him and I think he felt a bit lost, like his feelings didn’t matter even though he lost a baby too.
This time round I’ve noticed he’s taking a back seat. He’ll listen to me talk about baby, he’s talked about ‘when she’s here’ a couple of times but other than that there’s not much recognition there. I think the previous experience has affected him a bit. Again, at all the scans they talk to me and not him, so I try to include him but he barely says a word. I think he feels a bit useless if I’m honest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I think the men can feel a bit useless, my husband is a lot more enthusiastic for number 2 I must say, as he knows how it goes this time. He said he felt pretty useless last time in the early days especially with breastfeeding, but he was chief burper (😂) and good at settling the baby too, and nappy changing so we had a little system there which hopefully will work again. She’s a total daddy’s girl now!

I think a lot of first time fathers are quite scared/nervous and not very good with talking about it. It took me a while to get it out of my husband before he admitted he was terrified as he’s never looked after a baby before. He was also very quiet and didn’t seem that excited when we went to the scans but later told me it was because he was so anxious about things going wrong etc. Men seem to have a totally different way of processing and communicating their emotions to us.

Reactions: 8
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is ok 💖
best news to wake up too! Well done BabyYoda!

I feel very sad.

MrPotato really struggled during first pregnancy and especially now as “everything is happening to me” and he’s never quite sure what to do. MrPotato said the best times were when I was asleep and he would touch my tummy, and littlepotato would kick. It was a little bonding for those two and he enjoyed those moments. I totally agree, fathers are being totally isolated from pregnancy because of COVID. As @Jellybb said, you might as well give birth at a pub as you will get more support!

is MrPineapple reading any books or are you doing any baby classes? I bought husband a book last time which he would read and tell me what he had learned; it gave me confidence that he knew what I was going through and he got confidence as he knew what to ask at appointments.

I always moan about my husband, but he’s fab when I’m pregnant.

I think a lot of first time fathers are quite scared/nervous and not very good with talking about it. It took me a while to get it out of my husband before he admitted he was terrified as he’s never looked after a baby before. He was also very quiet and didn’t seem that excited when we went to the scans but later told me it was because he was so anxious about things going wrong etc. Men seem to have a totally different way of processing and communicating their emotions to us.
I agree with this! My husband would never admit how scared he was until after baby was born and he admitted he was “shitting it” 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.