Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re the only frozen croissants I’ve tried that actually come out well! Perfectly fluffy inside and flaky and crispy on the outside. They do plain and chocolate and they’re so good. Praying my gestational diabetes test comes back negative next week because I’ll cry if I can’t have these! Cherry jam and a little bit of Nutella makes a dreamy topping for the plain ones - like a Black Forest croissant 🥰
Seconded, I love the pret pain au chocolats - highly recommend. I never thought of Nutella and jam though…👀

Also @Easilyannoyed i looked up the cloud sliders you posted a few pages back and you have influenced me into buying a pair (albeit a cheap version from Amazon) - will report back!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm in AWE! What the duck is wrong with people? I dunno if it's cus I'm a naturally negative pessimistic person or if it's because of what we had to go through to get here, but I plan the worst thing possible someone could say to me in my head and have a retort ready to go. "But they mean well" is not a good enough excuse to talk about someone else's baby/body FFS!
Ahh I have thought of about twenty replies since! I’m useless on the spot. I wouldn’t mind but she was a larger lady herself - I should have asked her if she was coping ok with the chub rub in the summer weather or if her doctors had any concerns about type 2 diabetes! I just don’t think you can win, people are obsessed with your size or how you’re carrying the minute they know you’re pregnant. Not one single person has said “oh congratulations how you feeling”, and to make it worse it’s always other women, you’d think there would be some kind of code!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just had the hospital ring me I’ve got really low iron which is why I am so knackered least it’s nothing else x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just had the hospital ring me I’ve got really low iron which is why I am so knackered least it’s nothing else x
If they are giving you iron tablets request the ferrous fumarate rather than the sulphate, they are much easier on your stomach I've found!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello baby monitors are absolutely fab, you can add cameras to them as well if you have another/need a couple in different rooms. Cannot fault them at all. Ours is nearly 3 and still holds its charge nearly all day and it’s even been water (milk) damaged and still works amazingly, such good value for money.

HelloBaby HB32 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera, 3.2 Inch Screen Night Vision Temperature Monitoring & 2 Way Talkback System UK Interface Plug, White Amazon product
This is the one I have too. Would definitely recommend!

I’ve been on iron tablets for the last 4 years. I take them with food and a glass of orange juice which makes it easier on the stomach. I’ve found being pregnant if I have them with anything milky it makes me feel really sick. So find what works for you x

If they are giving you iron tablets request the ferrous fumarate rather than the sulphate, they are much easier on your stomach I've found!
I agree but I was prescribed the sulphate this time round not sure if it’s a pregnancy thing?

I’ve been on iron tablets for the last 4 years. I take them with food and a glass of orange juice which makes it easier on the stomach. I’ve found being pregnant if I have them with anything milky it makes me feel really sick. So find what works for you x

I agree but I was prescribed the sulphate this time round not sure if it’s a pregnancy thing?
Oh I'm not sure! I just requested the fumarate (they did want to give me the sulphate at first) and they gave me it no problem

Reactions: 3
Have any of you had covid during your pregnancy? My friends tested positive on lateral flow tests and I’ve got the worst chesty cough I can taste blood every 3 minutes I cough 😩 I’ve gone for a PCR test but my laptop isn’t set up to work from home I can’t do this for 10 days or lose 10 days pay

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else worry they have the most active baby ever?! I feel like people mainly talk about odd kicks but yesterday this child literally did not relax all day or night, I actually got worried about how just much he was moving last night... Is this normal and is there anything we don’t worry about?! 🤣

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else worry they have the most active baby ever?! I feel like people mainly talk about odd kicks but yesterday this child literally did not relax all day or night, I actually got worried about how just much he was moving last night... Is this normal and is there anything we don’t worry about?! 🤣
Yes 😂 I have the most active baby out of my other 3. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about though. Hopefully, he’ll be calm once he’s here and is only active in the belly. My last was really chilled when pregnant. I don’t remember him having massive movements like the older two, and he is wild 😂😂

Plot twist: baby is head down and probably has been this whole time. What we thought was the head are his feet?! He’s head down, right in the middle, perfect spot. Perfectly happy in there. Text my midwife saying ‘you’d have lost a million pounds!’ Cause she was like ‘I’d bet a million pounds he’s breech!’

So now I have to get my head around the fact that I’m giving birth vaginally! So unexpected. Can’t believe it. Time to get on my birthing ball!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Plot twist: baby is head down and probably has been this whole time. What we thought was the head are his feet?! He’s head down, right in the middle, perfect spot. Perfectly happy in there. Text my midwife saying ‘you’d have lost a million pounds!’ Cause she was like ‘I’d bet a million pounds he’s breech!’

So now I have to get my head around the fact that I’m giving birth vaginally! So unexpected. Can’t believe it. Time to get on my birthing ball!
I’m quite similar… been told baby is going to be 10lb by midwife and recommended a c secrion
Met two consultants this morning who rubbished her weight, said 8lb max and vaginal is safer because of my history with blood clots.
So overwhelmed with it all I went to sleep and just woke up. No idea what to do!!!
for once, I want someone to tell me what to do 😂

also stomach is upset today so feeling pants on top of it all

Omg yes mine has got so much more active in the last two weeks! Then when she sleeps I worry if she’s ok 😂. I noticed hiccups the other night for the first time was my favourite moment in pregnancy 🥺 so cute!

Aww great news!❤ Does this mean you won’t have to stay in hospital?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Is anyone else keeping the name quiet? People keep asking me and yes we’re pretty decided but I want him safe and here and to see him before we name him properly. Not sure if I’m just weird, did the same with my daughter but I do know people who name and refer to the baby by name early…just not how I want to do it!

Reactions: 12
Is anyone else keeping the name quiet? People keep asking me and yes we’re pretty decided but I want him safe and here and to see him before we name him properly. Not sure if I’m just weird, did the same with my daughter but I do know people who name and refer to the baby by name early…just not how I want to do it!
Yeah we are too, We’ve just told everyone we don’t know yet but we talk to her a lot and I’m worried I’m going to start calling her by her name in front of people and let it out 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Aww great news!❤ Does this mean you won’t have to stay in hospital?
Yep which is great. I just gotta wait for this baby to decide to come on his own terms now.

Won’t be seeing a midwife til next Friday and I’ll be nearly 39 weeks. Haven’t discussed birth preferences or anything as midwife was convinced he was breech.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, we have 3 names that we finally decided we both liked (annoyingly they’re all super common - girls names are so much easier! 🤣) I’ve told the odd close friend but we’re not telling our mums as they’ll have strong opinions and we’d like to see which of the three suit him the most when he’s here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4

that’s crazy! Great outcome for you but what a lot of unnecessary stress over the last couple of weeks!
I hope now you’ve got clarity you can get some time to get your head around the new plan of attack!
We’re still waiting on the 36 week scan next week to find out if ours is still transverse. She’s moving so much I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s moved in to the right place but it’s so hard to tell…as made clear by your midwife 😂

Reactions: 1
Great news @Kitt what a plot twist! Bet that was a surprise and a half.

I’ve had a rubbish morning. I had a blazing row with my brother at work and he made me cry and then I ate half a bag of beef sticks(those super thing like chipstick type crisps) in a hormonal anger/state.

Agree on the names - we have a few we are toying with and my grandparents always ask but I just say we aren’t sure yet. It feels like A bigger
Commitment to tell people and then we’d feel like we couldn’t change it if we didn’t like it!

that’s crazy! Great outcome for you but what a lot of unnecessary stress over the last couple of weeks!
I hope now you’ve got clarity you can get some time to get your head around the new plan of attack!
We’re still waiting on the 36 week scan next week to find out if ours is still transverse. She’s moving so much I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s moved in to the right place but it’s so hard to tell…as made clear by your midwife 😂
I know! And like we talked about I now have to retrain my brain to think differently about what’s to come.
Also I still can’t feel his head down there. The woman tried to help me feel it today but I couldn’t feel it and his bum is still moving from side to side so I’m so confused as to what he’s up to in there. I’m just going to have to trust he’s head down and go with it.

Will be intrigued to see how your scan goes now!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.