Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Littlepotato was great on the flight. A water park with his entire family in the sun? Not a fucking chance. Dad, I’m screaming until I’m sick and you’re taking me back home to the villa
I think this is where we warn those FTM'S who've never dealt with the toddler stage.

Toddlers are twats, it's scientifically proven. And it is OK to whisper a toddler is a twat under your breath whilst they cry they no longer want the banana they begged for 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

wakametango

Chatty Member
@Kitt Thank you. That makes sense. I’ll step away from Google!

I’ve just hit 30 weeks (FTM) and today started looking at what clothes we have to put in baby’s wardrobe and I think I’ve freaked a little. So many people on Peanut with organised wardrobes and hospital bags packed (all credit to them) but I feel like I’m winging every part of this 😳
I’m 36 weeks and I’ve winged the whole pregnancy 🤪 friends have given me books I’m too polite to say there’s not a chance in hell I’m going to read, given me their logs in for baby shows I couldn’t care less about and one friend gave me a log in for hypno birthing videos she paid for. Again, I didn’t watch

All I’ve cared about are about her clothes 😆 I’ll deal with BF, sterilising, colic, reflux, swaddling etc when it comes up! You just don’t know what kind of birth or baby you’ll have so I’ll deal with it in the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Dogwithabone

Chatty Member
Evening ladies, I love having this group to read all your daily antics 🤪

just thought I’d update you on my growth scan and consultant today, basically baby is continuing to grow nicely estimated weight 6lb 13. But due to all my abdominal scaring (lots of previous bowel surgeries and colostomy bag) they are inducing me on Saturday when I will be 39 weeks exactly. Gone from being prepared to being induced at 37 to getting my head around not being induced and now to prepare to get induced Saturday!!

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Ladies I’m sorry to hear some of you feel so unsupported by OH, and worried about what the future holds.

My husband isn’t overly interested in pregnancy. He comes to the two scans, but nothing else. I sort out all baby things, he’s never bought or chosen anything. He doesn’t have an interest in feeling kicks, he finds it gross actually.

But he’s a great dad. He’s better at playing and being fun than I am, he has endless patience for cuddles and stories, he’s a great dad. So please try to not think that disinterest in pregnancy will equal disinterest in your child x

• Heart

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
I hope I've done this right ladies... If not, sorry! Also couldn't find any thread suggestions so just went with some of our reoccurring themes!

Let's see how many babies are born in this thread....! ❤✨

• Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
Just had my first visual on the outside kick this evening 🥰

Asos also do some great maternity sweatpants! I usually just buy oversize as I’m quite small but saw some for £7 and OMG they’re life changing. I countdown til I can put them back on 😂

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
By the way had a gobshite of a student midwife in with us. Midwife asked baby’s name and the student midwife was like ‘Finn’s a naughty boy name!’ And our midwife was like ‘no it’s not it’s cute!’ My husband was raging. Said afterwards ‘surely rule number 1 of midwives is not to comment on names!’

Also the student midwife spoke over the midwife and said to us ‘oh he’ll turn I’m sure. Only 2% of babies don’t turn so don’t worry. You’ll be birthing this baby.’ And our midwife said ‘no I’m not so sure because he’s never been head down.’ I think she was driving the midwife a bit insane, talking over her and speaking out of turn.

• Wow

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
Ive text his mum asking for his dad to call him for a bit of a dads pep talk. Eep. Feel anxious reaching out, but what have i got to lose..

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
The name app is brilliant, unfortunately my partner and I didn't match on a single one 😂 He wants to use footballers names 🙄

I've somehow made it to 30weeks... doesn't feel real that in about 5/6 weeks (I'm being brought before full term due to the fact my body is broken) I'm going to have two more new tiny humans. 🤯

• Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
This has pushed it right to the top of the list - need to have a name that I can say really abruptly to get their attention 🤣 our youngest has a short and snappy name and he literally ignores it so not making that mistake again 😒😂
Also when people ask if it’s short for Edward you can practice your poker face and say “no, it’s short for Tedward” 🤣

No way, danger?! Thats brilliant 😂

I think Harper is a girls name too - it does remind me of the Beckham’s a little which is the only downside
I’m still holding onto Ace as a potential middle name just because I love it so much!

also love Dorothy, would she have a nick name?

@Sailorontheseasea oh I also love Teddy and Theodore. My friend has a Theo but I much prefer Theodore 🥰
I refuse to acknowledge Danger 🙄

We plan to call her Dotty and then DOROTHY 🤬 when she legs it in ASDA

• Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Hi Ladies

I’m not sure how to write this or what to say but I’ll be leaving this thread. We haven’t had good news and Baby N isn’t going to survive so I am having surgery on Wednesday.

I wish you all the luck in the world and thank you for being the most supportive people who live in my phone.

Hopefully I’ll be back at some point xx
Hi Neo, I unfollowed the thread but I saw your news and couldn’t not comment. I’m so so sorry to hear this. My heart is breaking for you and I understand the devastation you are feeling. I am always here if you want to talk, I’m not sure how to dm but please do pop back to the TTC threads when you feel ready 🤍🤍 stay strong xxx

• Heart

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
How are you getting on lovely? Any pearls of wisdom from the other side? X
Getting there slowly but surely. We had a few nights where little one didn't want to sleep so here's what I learned with that.
1 - its ok to cry from sheer exhaustion
2 - the swaddle grobags are a life saver for getting babies that want held to sleep
3 - white noise playlists on Spotify will be your best friend. Have it playing all night, it will be a god send.
4 - babys get too hot very quickly, don't focus on the old fashioned "keep them wrapped up" notion after leaving the hospital, they will get too warm and will let you know about it.
5 - the snuza breathing monitor has been one of our best purchases for easing anxiety, best £90 we spent.
6 - snuz pods, don't buy a waterproof mattress protector, it makes the mattress super sweaty. Thomas was covered in sweat for nights and we had no idea why, it was because of the mattress protector.

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Ohh 👀 I think this baby definitely needs a baby yoda treat after all this! Thanks for the heads up. He just melts me heart, and I must admit after watching the mandalorian, I think it was his cute little face that made me broody 🙈 (not that I want this baby coming out green with those ears!)
I thought of you when I saw this the other day 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

Belle Amie

VIP Member
So I got my covid result back and I’ve tested positive, I knew I would with this vile cough I have. I skipped my second jab on the day I found out I was pregnant terrified it would cause something to go wrong and now I’m terrified this coughing will.
I’m so achy as well like restless legs achy, I’ve seen a few of you mention restless legs what do you do to help them?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

wakametango

Chatty Member
Anyone feel sad about their babys father not bonding with the baby during pregnancy.

My partner just told me i will continue to be his priority over baby for a while. He said he will obviously want to protect baby, but he has no bond or love towards it as of yet. He spoke to a colleague who said he probably didnt love his own child for about 2 years.

Im really upset. Im glad my partner is opening up, but he's spent the last couple of hours mainly acting resentful.
-Resentful of what covid has stolen for him/us
-Resentful of him losing himself and the things that make him him. (as above)
-Somewhat resentful that all money should now go on baby and not him/his hobbies/us/travel

I feel very sad.
Oh pineapple 🤍 we’ve gone through the motions in this house too.
He was elated to find out I was pregnant but then very disappointed to find out it was a girl (he’s a sports junkie and wanted to do all the traditional gender stuff with a boy)…. He isn’t majorly sympathetic by nature so I still do most of the housework and cooking and has said stuff like I need to be quieter in the night when going to the loo or getting off the sofa. After a wine last night he admitted to my mum that he ‘wasn’t that bothered’ when discussing getting her ears pierced as he just isnt interested in girly stuff. He is ADAMANT being a dad won’t stop him doing the things he loves. he hates feeling restricted or confined in a way your partner as preempted his resentment.

us women have felt being pregnant from very early on, we’ve felt every ache, pain and change in our body. They haven’t. I do feel it’s harder to them to connect because they don’t experience any of the physical or hormonal changes that we do.

he’s extremely loving so I know once she’s where all his ridiculous statements will go out the window, he’s besotted with me so I can only imagine what a little girl will do to him.
I hope I haven’t hijacked how you’re feeling to speak about myself but in a nutshell, I understand how you feel.

how far along are you? Is it your first child?
I wasn’t happy during my whole first trimester and now I’m 36 weeks I’m finally starting to feel excited to become a mum. talking to each other is healthy as long as he is mindful of when and how he is upsetting you x

• Heart
  • Sad

AshW333

Not having a good few days, not even sure why to be honest. Apart from a little wobble when I found out I was pregnant, I've mainly been really happy and excited about the baby, but this weekend I can’t stop thinking what the f am I doing, and how much life is going to change. Feel really sad and anxious, and also just like a really rubbish person for feeling this way ☹ not sure what the point of this post is, other than it’s something I feel like you could never say out loud to another person because pregnancy is meant to be a happy time.

• Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I feel your pain. I've had similar situations, funnily enough I think one encounter was pretty much dragging a 2 year old along the floor in morrisons because i wouldn't let him buy rabbit food. WE DON'T HAVE A RABBIT HUN.

Toddlers are honestly sent by the devil himself.

Remind me, why are we doing this again?!😂😂
Littlepotato had a fit the other day as I wouldn’t let him drive.

I mean…

• Haha

Beanpop442

VIP Member
I’ve had a really naff day, my husband has just walked in with a large tango ice blast and McDonald’s nuggets. I knew I married him for a reason and didn’t suffocate him last night when he was snoring 🙃🙃

• Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
We had a gender scan both times - with my son we took my mum and my gran (who was so overwhelmed as she’d never been to an ultrasound in her life despite having 3!) and with our current it was just my husband and me, and we bought some cannons for my son to let off with my grandparents who were watching him and then my parents.

I loved both - but the look on my gran’s face after finding out we’re having a girl was the best. First girl in the family for 30 years!

• Heart