Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread moves so fast!
I have my sugar test tomorrow, hoping I won't have gestational diabetes 🤞

We had a shortlist of two girl names even before I was pregnant (names I've loved since forever), but then I added a new one and now I don't know anymore 😅 OH isn't much help either.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Benefit of not going into hospital is I get to have my haircut in the morning. I have a very short haircut and I have very straight thick hair so if it grows too long i start to look like a Lego man. I was dreading being stuck in hospital unable to get my haircut and my first photos with my baby I look like this:

4FDB3D39-6CF3-4ADD-BFD4-487F690AE9BD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Benefit of not going into hospital is I get to have my haircut in the morning. I have a very short haircut and I have very straight thick hair so if it grows too long i start to look like a Lego man. I was dreading being stuck in hospital unable to get my haircut and my first photos with my baby I look like this:

View attachment 705608
🤣🤣🤣 I looked like Garth from Wayne’s world on my first baby photos with little potato. I wore my hair down and I’ve got my big glasses on. I thought I looked great and my dad pointed it out 😭😭😭

So many great names in here, my husband gets called Tedward by me and my family, he hated it at first but he responds to it now haha. But now I feel like I've ruined potential baby boy names for us that a Teddy nickname would work with.

We've had a boy first name for years though tbh, but we're not telling anyone as my brother has an uncommon name and my mum mentioned it at work when she was pregnant. A nurse off another ward heard and nicked it as she was a few months further along...and of course him and my brother ended up at the same schools and on the same out of school football teams etc. Plus, we don't know if we're having a lad or a lass.

My godmother got me a Tropic mum and baby set the other week that had some perineal oil in it, feels weird to be bought that by someone :oops: but it's a big bottle, so need to get our Tedward down the business end sooner rather than later. Not today though as I've been a rotter and not had a shower yet/am still in last night pjs. I'm normally someone who's up, showered, bed made once I'm awake for the day, but I've just felt so pregnant and fatigued and rotten today - wasted a whole day of annual leave tucked up in bed which I'm pissed off about.
Got a 25 week midwife apt in the morning, so will need to pull myself together for that. I'm not looking forward to it as they've all been boring so far, and in my book it says they only offer the 25 week one to first time mums so it's surely nothing special if they don't give it to everyone.
Tedward is absolutely excellent nickname, and also get your Tedward down that business end. My husband had to shave me when I was about 9 months pregnant and I have to say, he did an excellent job. Would visit “Danger Waxing and Bedazzling” again. 11/10

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know someone who had a blow dry and full face of make up for her first birth!

Ive resigned myself to the fact I’ll just look sweaty exhausted and my hair will be tit 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe I’m on baby no2 and I’ve never looked or googled perineal message and I just did

🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Ive resigned myself to the fact I’ll just look sweaty exhausted and my hair will be tit 🤷🏻‍♀️
That’s exactly how you’re supposed to look 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

With my first, I ended up taking it down because it was annoying me in a ponytail for some reason 😂that was a mistake. Being stuck in the bed for 24 hours, moving my head resulted in my hair knotty as hell. So my first baby pictures are amazing 👌🏻😂
Along with losing a lot of blood so I was so pale 😂

In mine both me and my husband are staring at our son like ‘what the duck just happened’ it’s so awkward and our body language is ridiculous 😂 it cracks me up because my sons peeping out and we’re just utterly bewildered!
Got a blood stained crop top and a bright red face with a rash from pushing 😂 dead sexy me!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
These threads move so quickly I can never manage to keep up 😬 hope everyone’s doing okay!
Can’t believe I posted in here when I was just under 4 weeks pregnant and today I entered the third trimester! The panic of not having everything has set in and I’m actually getting kind of scared for the birth now… I’ve been pretty chill about it until the past few days 😬

• Heart
In mine both me and my husband are staring at our son like ‘what the duck just happened’ it’s so awkward and our body language is ridiculous 😂 it cracks me up because my sons peeping out and we’re just utterly bewildered!
Got a blood stained crop top and a bright red face with a rash from pushing 😂 dead sexy me!
Oh, I wish I could post the photos of me 😂 drugged up to my eyeballs, not knowing what day it is, holding this squished little baby. The swelling in my face with my first and third is unreal. Don’t even recognise me 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

I'm mixed Afro-Caribbean, without my haircare regime it's absolutely gonna be tuft central. No pictures please.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh no, I googled it. It’s not what I thought it was at all. There’s thumbs going in places. No no thank you I’d rather not.

• Haha
Oh, I wish I could post the photos of me 😂 drugged up to my eyeballs, not knowing what day it is, holding this squished little baby. The swelling in my face with my first and third is unreal. Don’t even recognise me 😂
Same - I had pirate eye for two days I was so swollen from the drugs and 30 odd hrs no sleep. I'm practically grey too 🙈

Reactions: 1
Same - I had pirate eye for two days I was so swollen from the drugs and 30 odd hrs no sleep. I'm practically grey too 🙈
It’s funny how the drugs do that. I only had gas and air and pethidine with my second and my face didn’t swell like it did with the epidural
Can’t wait to do it again 😂

• Haha
These threads move so quickly I can never manage to keep up 😬 hope everyone’s doing okay!
Can’t believe I posted in here when I was just under 4 weeks pregnant and today I entered the third trimester! The panic of not having everything has set in and I’m actually getting kind of scared for the birth now… I’ve been pretty chill about it until the past few days 😬
Aww I had this realisation like omfg I’m actually going to have a baby what if I don’t know what to do I started buying things probably 30ish weeks think I’ve got everting other than a steriliser! How do you feel now? It hit me like a tonne of bricks now I am just acceptant x

I'm mixed Afro-Caribbean, without my haircare regime it's absolutely gonna be tuft central. No pictures please.
My partner loves to take ugly
Pictures of me like double chin or me slobbering or snoring or me eating something I love like pasta or ke
Drinking wine he has I would say hundreds of ugly pictures of me. I don’t really get it but he is buzzing for the opportunity when I have the baby for me looking either angry or an ugly crying face 😐😐

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.