Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Also this might sound so silly but I've just caught up with the thread and it's really hit home that I will have an actual baby soon. Reading all the comments worrying about symptoms disappearing, not knowing what the hell was going on before the 12 week scan, booking in private ones for reassurance etc took me right back, I remember feeling all of it. Yet now here I am, 4 weeks from my due date. Today the babies hospital bag was officially packed and completed and all I need for mine is to charge my headphones and buy nipple cream. Now all I do is grunt/moan every time I move, pee every flipping waking hour and I can no longer touch my toes, barely my knees tbh! How on earth did this happen?!

Wow. I need a sit down....
Don't get me wrong I'd much rather a stiff drink, but that'll have to wait. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Kitt

VIP Member
Also sorry for complaining about possibly having to go into hospital. So many worse problems out there. Feel a bit silly complaining about that when my baby is seemingly fine, he just can’t figure out where the exit is. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself today.

• Heart
Adding some blue to this girl heavy thread as we found out today we are having baby boy number 3! Burst into tears and can’t really work out how I’m feeling (think overwhelmed as it’s our last over disappointed about it not being a girl as I’d never be disappointed as my boys are absolutely lush and SO different) but just chuffed and lucky he’s still looking lovely and healthy and so excited to have a full on club of boys. 💙

• Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
So after saying I’m swollen but everything’s fine. I came for my midwife appointment and blood pressure is high and protein in urine (it was literally fine on Monday when they checked after my scan). Anyway I’m being monitored and just spoke to dr who said it’s pre eclampsia 😭😭😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Kitt

VIP Member
Just got out my 36 week midwife appointment. Baby did exactly what I needed him to do and illustrated how he’s been switching between breech and transverse in seconds and the midwife was like ‘oh dear okay’ and immediately called the assessment unit at the hospital. Got an appointment there on Monday morning (37 weeks) to confirm his positioning. If they’re concerned about the fact he’s switching between the two positions I might be admitted until my caesarean at 38/39 weeks otherwise I’ll be booked in for the section and can go home but must be rushed in if any sign of labour approaching.

• Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
Just had an eventful growth scan (babies are fine and healthy). Lying on my back suddenly made me feel really dizzy and lightheaded. So she made me sit up and as I did I fainted on her. I’ve never ever fainted before so that was a new experience 😅. They called a midwife and I had to sit out for bit and eat some shortbread. Was all a bit embarrassing but luckily we continued the scan with me lying on my side. Also got to hear and see their heartbeats which was amazing 😍. So now I know why they say don’t lie on your back 🙃

• Heart
  • Wow

wakametango

Chatty Member
guys I’ve taken mat leave a bit too far.
No bra, no make up and messy buns everyday. My hair is now matted 😂 must remember this for 4th trimester
NO MESSY BUNS!!
178984E5-1C55-44EC-B010-22D5250BFA6A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Kitt

VIP Member
I’m potentially going into hospital tomorrow for 2 weeks and I’ve not packed for it so yeah, don’t worry about not being organised guys. (I’m in denial.)

In all seriousness, i’m so worried about my appointment at the hospital tomorrow and I’ve been a bit down all weekend cause it’s just on my mind. I know baby is fine - it’s more the potential to have to spend two weeks on a hospital ward. Never been in hospital for anything and I have no idea what to expect. I’m socially anxious and like my home comforts to feel mentally safe and calm and so the prospect of being on a ward with a load of others for such a long time is worrying me.

• Heart
  • Sad

Hbirdette

VIP Member
I think I will have to rope him in tbh because I can't see me getting anywhere close. However he's a tradesman so his hands aren't the smoothest and the thought alone is making me clench my legs 🤣 also God only knows what it looks like down there. 🙈
It sounds a bit fetish like, but rubber gloves!! Just not latex 😂😂 my husbands hands are the same and he used some nitrile gloves. Nice and smooth 🙈 hahahaah I can’t believe the shit I admit on here

• Haha

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Just don't let them hear you call them a twat. They will call it you back, only it won't be right away. Its usually in a really inappropriate place like the chemist or the park 😂😂

Yes, I have an 8 year old who is the same😂
“Mummy says I’m a dickhead”

Right in front of my Mum

• Haha

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
After four hours in a bed on mau bloods taken I don’t have pre eclampsia… they don’t think but have to have my blood pressure monitored now every week.
@Neo2021 sending love to you hope everything is ok when you get your results ❤

• Heart

Jellybb

VIP Member
Sending love to the disappointed Irish users this morning ❤
New restriction guidelines have been updated and FUCK ALL, besides partners being allowed in the 12 week scan, has changed for us 👏🏽🙄
My favourite part is that they are going to aim for “brief 30min daily visits” for the father 🙄
I hate this country

• Sad
  • Wow

grumpycat

VIP Member
Had my 20w scan and happy to report all is ok and baby is still a girl! She showed us nostrils and pouty lips and spent so long on the heart I did start to worry for a hot minute but all is good 🥰
Apparently the stomach is a little larger but well within normal so obvs always great to have something to low key worry about (even when you know you don’t need to 😂)

I’m excited to start buying a few bits now!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Bwacac

Chatty Member
I had my daughter 12 weeks ago. Was induced and my partner was allowed in from the start as I was put straight into a labour room and not the ward as I’d had babies before so they expected me to go quickly. 18 hours he was able to stay with me and for 4 hours afterwards. However my daughter was born very poorly and my partner didn’t get to hold her when she was born. She was delivered onto me but whisked away within 4 minutes as she wasn’t breathing properly. We were both allowed to visit her in Scbu around the clock, but not at the same time!! Our daughter was 24 hours old before my partner got to hold her and I didn’t get to see this moment and it still breaks my heart now. Throughout my whole pregnancy this was what I was looking forward to the most. Daddy holding his little girl. All I have of that moment is a photograph which a nurse took. 11 days she was in SCBU and depending who was on shift dictated if we could sit with her together. Sat at home when she was a month old watching the football matches taking place which were a free for all made me sick! We will never get some of those precious moments back as parents to our newborn.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry

Neo2021

VIP Member
Hey everyone! Hope you’re good.

I still haven’t got my 12 week scan date yet and when I rang they said it’ll be 13weeks plus. (I’m 11 weeks 3 days today)

So we’ve booked a private dating scan for tonight just so we know it’s okay to start telling people.

I’ve had loads going on at home and I just feel overwhelmed and really down. So I apologise for going quiet x

• Heart