Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely love this thread.
I’m only 9 weeks pregnant and still feel a bit in limbo, slightly irrelevant maybe with the lack of appointments in the early weeks!

However I did have an early private scan and I do have the midwife next week so can’t wait to start going through the motions to make it start feeling even more real!
Thanks for being such an excellent bunch and I can’t wait to post more! 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Anyone else getting quite a bit of braxton hicks? Noticed they’re increasing! Makes me laugh they’re referred to as ‘practise contractions’ be nice if that’s how easy contractions actually were 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hiya 👋 not been on this thread as have HG and so unwell! Can anyone recommend a good pregnancy body pillow? Don't mind if it's got a front and back etc, but my cheapie eBay one is not cutting it!
I wrote about it in the last thread but I’ve splashed out and bought a bbhugme. Extortionately priced but worth every penny! No longer have back pain, and even when I went to bed with backache (after doing something weird at work that meant i ached for hours after), I woke up feeling fine!

Reactions: 3
I wrote about it in the last thread but I’ve splashed out and bought a bbhugme. Extortionately priced but worth every penny! No longer have back pain, and even when I went to bed with backache (after doing something weird at work that meant i ached for hours after), I woke up feeling fine!
I can second this. My mum kindly brought me one a few weeks ago and it’s fab! Been sleeping so well

I had a blood sugar test (short version) last Tuesday and the midwife told me if anything would be wrong, they'd call me on Wednesday to schedule a second, longer sugar test, but that no news is good news. Noone called yesterday, so I was happy about that, but today around noon someone from gynaegology called me to say my results were very slightly off, so she transferred me to the lab to schedule the full on sugar test.
That's scheduled for next Tuesday and I asked the lab lady if I should mind my diet already, but she said I shouldn't.
Anyway I started crying after hanging up the phone (hormones 🎉), so I decided to call the reception of gynaecology again, but I got another lady on the phone. Asked if I should make dietary changes and she said I'd best cut back on sugars and carbs, just to be sure. She also told me that almost everyone has slightly raised results on the first test and that the second test is usually okay. I don't have any higher risk factors, so I'm hoping I'll be fine.
But I hung up and cried again because my dramatic (and hungry) ass thought there wasn't anything left I could ever eat.
My boyfriend calmed me down already, but I wanted to know if you ladies have any tips on healthy snacks, because I've been eating quite a lot of fruit this pregnancy, but I want to cut back on those for the following days.

I was thinking nuts, cherry tomatoes, carrots, the odd apple and/or pear? Anything else?

Edit: oh wow, this turned out to be a whole rant. But I'm desperate, hormonal and hungry 😅

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I had a blood sugar test (short version) last Tuesday and the midwife told me if anything would be wrong, they'd call me on Wednesday to schedule a second, longer sugar test, but that no news is good news. Noone called yesterday, so I was happy about that, but today around noon someone from gynaegology called me to say my results were very slightly off, so she transferred me to the lab to schedule the full on sugar test.
That's scheduled for next Tuesday and I asked the lab lady if I should mind my diet already, but she said I shouldn't.
Anyway I started crying after hanging up the phone (hormones 🎉), so I decided to call the reception of gynaecology again, but I got another lady on the phone. Asked if I should make dietary changes and she said I'd best cut back on sugars and carbs, just to be sure. She also told me that almost everyone has slightly raised results on the first test and that the second test is usually okay. I don't have any higher risk factors, so I'm hoping I'll be fine.
But I hung up and cried again because my dramatic (and hungry) ass thought there wasn't anything left I could ever eat.
My boyfriend calmed me down already, but I wanted to know if you ladies have any tips on healthy snacks, because I've been eating quite a lot of fruit this pregnancy, but I want to cut back on those for the following days.

I was thinking nuts, cherry tomatoes, carrots, the odd apple and/or pear? Anything else?

Edit: oh wow, this turned out to be a whole rant. But I'm desperate, hormonal and hungry 😅
Hope you’re ok 🤗. I like crackers with hummus and sliced apple with almond butter on. As well as nuts and low cal cereal bars

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Talking of milestone cards, I have to show you all these cute birth cards I got earlier this week.
they popped up on Etsy & are abit different 😍
Any one found a cute baby book? Like to record baby’s first year?
OBSESSED with these :love::love: have you got the link please lovely?? xx

You'll be fine! Similar thing happened to me but they realised quickly it was my iron levels that were off so now I just take tablets for it!
I have been loving hummus with carrot and cucumber sticks, and almonds!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m in the first trimester and this week I’ve had a headache every day, it starts off faint in the morning and throughout the day it gets worse. Yesterday it got so bad that I gave in and took some paracetamol but it didn’t really make a difference, also have a 4head stick but again it’s not really doing anything :(. I’ve looked online and think it’s just pregnancy related headaches and the NHS website says it quite normal in early pregnancy, just wondered if anyone else had them and roughly how long did they last?

I’m loving carrot and celery sticks at the moment, and those ryvita thins with dips!

I absolutely love this thread.
I’m only 9 weeks pregnant and still feel a bit in limbo, slightly irrelevant maybe with the lack of appointments in the early weeks!

However I did have an early private scan and I do have the midwife next week so can’t wait to start going through the motions to make it start feeling even more real!
Thanks for being such an excellent bunch and I can’t wait to post more! 🧡
ahh welcome! I’m the same, had a private scan on the weekend and had my midwife appointment on Monday this week, and now just waiting for my NHS scans to come through! Agree that it’s a weird time at the start, especially when no one knows and there’s a lot of waiting for appointments. Such a lush thread though, it’s been so helpful and feels like a big group of friends :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m in the first trimester and this week I’ve had a headache every day, it starts off faint in the morning and throughout the day it gets worse. Yesterday it got so bad that I gave in and took some paracetamol but it didn’t really make a difference, also have a 4head stick but again it’s not really doing anything :(. I’ve looked online and think it’s just pregnancy related headaches and the NHS website says it quite normal in early pregnancy, just wondered if anyone else had them and roughly how long did they last?

I’m loving carrot and celery sticks at the moment, and those ryvita thins with dips!

ahh welcome! I’m the same, had a private scan on the weekend and had my midwife appointment on Monday this week, and now just waiting for my NHS scans to come through! Agree that it’s a weird time at the start, especially when no one knows and there’s a lot of waiting for appointments. Such a lush thread though, it’s been so helpful and feels like a big group of friends :love:
My headaches lasted until about 18 weeks, but after that I never had one again

I had headaches up until 14/15 weeks. On and off, not everyday. Paracetamol is fine to take, so if they do get bad, just take them every 4 hours

I had headaches everyday until about 20 weeks. I still get the ocassional ones if I’m hungry or tired. A cold flannel on my forehead at night helped a bit

In case anybody is interested in going to The Baby and Toddler Show at Sandown Park the first weekend of October, the code EDS65 gets you two complimentary tickets (not sure if the code works on the other dates elsewhere in the country).
oooh thanks!

I’m 17 weeks and endlessly have headaches.

Hope everyone else’s day is going okay - just catching up ☺
Got my prescription, currently on my way home to drop it at the pharmacy 🥳

Reactions: 5
I’m starting to resemble the elephant man! My poor poor feet and ankles. My partner laughed at me this morning because even my eye sockets were swollen, looked like I’d been in a boxing match. 👸🏼

• Heart
  • Sad
Thanks for the tips ladies! Next stop: grocery store! I'll just pretend the cookie isle doesn't exist 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am sooo uncomfortable today. I can't sit or lie or anything without something hurting/aching/feeling ugh, it's driving me mad 😖

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m starting to resemble the elephant man! My poor poor feet and ankles. My partner laughed at me this morning because even my eye sockets were swollen, looked like I’d been in a boxing match. 👸🏼
Have you had your blood pressure checked recently? Face swelling is a bit concerning. (Don’t mean to scare you just want to be sure you’re ok!)

Have you had your blood pressure checked recently? Face swelling is a bit concerning. (Don’t mean to scare you just want to be sure you’re ok!)

Yeah on Monday, everything is normal blood pressure, urine, glucose levels. I’m just a swollen toad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.