Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had the Stokke Tripp Trapp & would recommend it? Also, has anyone had the Mamaroo or Nuna Leaf & would recommend one of them more than the other? Or any other good suggestions for downstairs. Another also, baby monitors…any recommendations? Someone on here recommended the Snuza baby breathing monitor & the reviews look fab so it’s on my list but I can’t decide on an actual monitor because reviews are so mixed. Literally so grateful for the existence of this thread & reading everyone’s advice/situations/recommendations. Really helps when you don’t have many people going through the same thing at the same time as you to ask. X

Baby monitor wise, we have the Motorola video one (I’ll find you a link). We still use it now and my son is 4, we mainly use it as a way of going “I can see you, get into bed”.

Motorola MBP30A Video Baby Monitor with 3" Handheld Parent Unit and Remote Pan Scan Amazon product

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We haven’t got a baby monitor yet. I was thinking we’d need one from when he’s 6 months and goes in his own room. Am I right in thinking that or is there a reason to have one before then that I’m missing?

Reactions: 4
Have you got a link to these shoes? All I'm wearing is havianas as I cba to bend down to put sandals or other shoes on 🤣
I know they are ugly but even my partner thinks they are un real like so bouncy my friend bought the ego version and they are not the same it has to be the proper ones I am a 5-6 during pregnancy and I put down 7.5 as a size took about 5 days to come x https://pillowslides.com/products/p...MI8fCs9q6j8gIV2u7tCh0ruw9HEAAYASAAEgKigfD_BwE

Thank you both! I wasn’t sure what the standard was to do, I’ll be looking for some soon definitely dresses in work aren’t my thing!
I have lived in this co ord from
About 18 weeks and I change my cardigan jacket / shacket handbag shoes and I will be sad to not wear it anymore https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpa...MIpMHVza-j8gIVB7DtCh10mgOHEAQYBiABEgKdj_D_BwE

Reactions: 2
We haven’t got a baby monitor yet. I was thinking we’d need one from when he’s 6 months and goes in his own room. Am I right in thinking that or is there a reason to have one before then that I’m missing?
no I don’t think you’d need one until you feel comfortable in having baby in another room whenever that may be ☺

@Kitt hope everything goes ok today ❤

Got really achey ribs this morning I’m guessing one of the babies is sitting there. I normally wear smart clothes to work but today I’ve rocked up in leggings and jumper cba 😂

Reactions: 3
Gosh, I’m too lazy to combi feed 😂 breastfeeding was much easier once established. Plus my daughter was born pre covid and we spent most of my Mat leave taking holidays so it was simpler to just exclusively breastfeed. and to be fair she was born tongue tied, and it meant she couldn’t manage a dummy nor a bottle, whereas I basically hand expressed into her mouth as a newborn
I don't think that makes you lazy at all, quite the opposite! It's bloody hard word to exclusively breastfeed and can be exhausting so all credit to you. Xx

After our talk of breast pumps on here yesterday, I noticed Aldi have got the lansinoh manual one for half price at the mo which I ended up buying at 4am during one of my many wake ups.

Last edited:
Finally caught up again! good luck for today @Kitt ♥
Im currently 38+2 today, normally I have had my babies and home by now. No signs on this one making an appearance yet though! I have growth scan and consultant tomorrow.

I feel like I am preparing to have my 1st baby not 3rd as I have always been induced early so I’ve never experienced going into labour at home naturally. Making me feel so anxious!

• Heart
Good luck @Kitt 👍

A couple of times this morning I think I've felt a definite kick - until now it's felt like muscle twitches in my lower abdomen or that swishy, churning feeling. But this morning I've felt something poke or thud against one of my organs... it feels like it might be my bladder? It's a very odd feeling and it's made me a feel a bit sick.

Reactions: 5
Thanks all for the combi feeding advice. My head was frazzled over it but I guess I’ll just have to wing it and see how it goes!

Been to Tesco this morning, had a few baby bits in the trolley and my conversation went like this with the absolute toad on checkout -

“Who’s having a baby then?”
Oh, I am
“Are you? *stares up and down* You don’t look like you are. When are you due then?”
November.
“November? It must be the end then, so you’ll probably have it in December. Ha. Be fun cooking the turkey with a newborn. I hope your old man knows how to change a nappy”
Err… yeah. I’m due in the middle but they’ll come when they want I guess *trying to still smile sweetly but all I can think about is the chocolate croissant in my trolley*
“Is everything alright then? With the baby? You’re very small”
Yeah, absolutely fine thanks, baby’s growing just perfectly.
“Well you’ll want to keep an eye on that”.
Yeah, I will, thanks.
“You’re definitely having a boy anyway, by the shape of your bump”.

🤯

I hate people. Now eating my chocolate croissant - Pret’s from the freezer section and they are divine AND make your kitchen smell amazing.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
I didn’t buy one originally but we ended up getting one when baby was about 2 weeks old. I use it in the daytime when she’s sleeping in her Moses basket and I need to go upstairs to have a shower etc. Feel a bit more at ease knowing I can still see her. It’s definitely one of those things that you don’t NEED straight away but good old Amazon prime is there if you find you’d prefer to have one like me! Good luck today :)

Thanks all for the combi feeding advice. My head was frazzled over it but I guess I’ll just have to wing it and see how it goes!

Been to Tesco this morning, had a few baby bits in the trolley and my conversation went like this with the absolute toad on checkout -

Oh, I am
“Are you? *stares up and down* You don’t look like you are. When are you due then?”
November.
“November? It must be the end then, so you’ll probably have it in December. Ha. Be fun cooking the turkey with a newborn. I hope your old man knows how to change a nappy”
Err… yeah. I’m due in the middle but they’ll come when they want I guess *trying to still smile sweetly but all I can think about is the chocolate croissant in my trolley*
Yeah, I will, thanks.

🤯

I hate people. Now eating my chocolate croissant - Pret’s from the freezer section and they are divine AND make your kitchen smell amazing.
Absolute toad on checkout made me laugh 😂

but seriously wtf?!

• Wow

Oh, I am
November.
Yeah, I will, thanks.

🤯

I know this isn't the point of the story, but is it a boy? 🤣
On a more serious note, it's not OK to bump-shame. That's really not a nice experience 🙁

Oh, I am
November.
Yeah, I will, thanks.

🤯

That is not ok. Why are people so weird 😩😩

Edited to add - oh I’m getting those croissants! I’ve seen them a few times but didn’t think frozen ones would be nice.

Hello baby monitors are absolutely fab, you can add cameras to them as well if you have another/need a couple in different rooms. Cannot fault them at all. Ours is nearly 3 and still holds its charge nearly all day and it’s even been water (milk) damaged and still works amazingly, such good value for money.

HelloBaby HB32 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera, 3.2 Inch Screen Night Vision Temperature Monitoring & 2 Way Talkback System UK Interface Plug, White Amazon product

My OH wasn’t too bad in pregnancy, didn’t read anything because he’d ‘wing it’ however we struggled a lot even once baby arrived but it is getting better. I even queried if he might have a type of PND but it was more he felt he couldn’t bond with her because she was so utterly reliant on me. He felt redundant, useless which wasn’t a good feeling. He still doesn’t understand her cues like I do so misses things then feels a bit dejected but he’s loving creating his bond with her now she can engage more.
There have been occasions I’ve claimed I might as well be doing it alone. He still wants to play his football (2x eves & Sat) which I resent and is reluctant to have another when we can’t guarantee a boy 🤬🤬🤬 but I see them, she’s slowly becoming the apple of his eye and he is gladly choosing us over other social/hobby events, it’s just taken a little while for it to come together for him.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with your OH. Mines the same with football commitments going in to the weekend too 🙄

I know it’s not going to be an easy transition, it’s a huge life changing event for the both of us, I’m just going to try and take it day by day (hopefully without getting too overwhelmed!).

We haven’t found out the sex, my OH was set on a surprise, as it’s our first. I do wonder if it’s because he would be disappointed if baby turns out to be a girl (his family is heavy on the boy side, 3 brothers with 6 boys and 1 girl between them, I think he thinks he’ll be the one to even it up). I could be wrong with all of this, I do tend to overthink absolutely everything 😂😩.

It’s great to hear that your OH is building that bond with her now. I think for some men it must just take a little bit more time to adjust to their new life ❤

• Heart
We only had one before as we had cats. I just tried to attach a video where we look at our baby asleep, you zoom out and there’s my cats sat on the bed watching him 🙄

Oh, I am
November.
Yeah, I will, thanks.

🤯

This is why I don’t tell anyone! People are twats!

I know this isn't the point of the story, but is it a boy? 🤣
On a more serious note, it's not OK to bump-shame. That's really not a nice experience 🙁
We don’t know! I really should have said actually it’s a girl but I think I was in shock! I’m sure it’s a boy but I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction of saying I think so too 🤣

That is not ok. Why are people so weird 😩😩

Edited to add - oh I’m getting those croissants! I’ve seen them a few times but didn’t think frozen ones would be nice.
They’re the only frozen croissants I’ve tried that actually come out well! Perfectly fluffy inside and flaky and crispy on the outside. They do plain and chocolate and they’re so good. Praying my gestational diabetes test comes back negative next week because I’ll cry if I can’t have these! Cherry jam and a little bit of Nutella makes a dreamy topping for the plain ones - like a Black Forest croissant 🥰

• Heart

Oh, I am
November.
Yeah, I will, thanks.

🤯

I'm in AWE! What the duck is wrong with people? I dunno if it's cus I'm a naturally negative pessimistic person or if it's because of what we had to go through to get here, but I plan the worst thing possible someone could say to me in my head and have a retort ready to go. "But they mean well" is not a good enough excuse to talk about someone else's baby/body FFS!

We don’t know! I really should have said actually it’s a girl but I think I was in shock! I’m sure it’s a boy but I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction of saying I think so too 🤣

They’re the only frozen croissants I’ve tried that actually come out well! Perfectly fluffy inside and flaky and crispy on the outside. They do plain and chocolate and they’re so good. Praying my gestational diabetes test comes back negative next week because I’ll cry if I can’t have these! Cherry jam and a little bit of Nutella makes a dreamy topping for the plain ones - like a Black Forest croissant 🥰
Img the frozen ones are so nice I’ve had the frozen pret ones and they are so nice x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.