Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing I hate is whenever someone criticises her shop and she goes "ok so YOU do better!"

No. The point is that it is not possible to live well on 20£ a week. It's not a challenge, and she's set herself a random limit that she now claims to religiously stick to (she doesn't, of course).

My way of doing better would be to reorganise my budget, redirecting funds away from sideboards and expensive wallpaper to scribble on, so my child wouldn't eat nasty sausages and the same gross sandwich every day.

PS - surely it's a parent's job to give their child as varied, healthy and good a diet as they can? Variety in particular is important, and is often seen as one of the reasons why Okinawan people live so long, for example. SB gets (vile cheap) sausages, chicken breast, and the same vegetables week in week out. He doesn't even like kale and mushrooms ffs...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Jack getting all up in my niche with her Swedish google translate attempts. Swedish is my mother tongue so 'dra åt helvete' Jack.
We don't really have a word for duck in Sweden. Helvete means hell but it is about as rude. So the gist is 'get to duck'. In my secondary tongue 'get it right up you' also works well. In Jack speak 'get fucked' and 'now duck off' are entirely appropriate. According to one of my German friends 'ficken' means duck in the sexual sense but 'verpiss dich/piss off' is the accurate insult.
Anyway because she is such a dangerous bellend with her £20 shop slop lies, I feel justified in telling her where to go in various languages.

I've been slow grunking between shifts. I'm tired and it's really cold now. Jack is so repetitive and exhausting. She constantly lashes out verbally in anger. She is so touchy. Having lived the walking on eggshells life myself, I can imagine her family will put up with a lot for the sake of peace. For some weird reason the squiggles do too. The humour and good common sense of the Cabal is what keeps me here even when Jack is too much. She is incredibly hard work and a real shape shifter. But the fraus and herrs always have her number and we are always guaranteed a laugh as well as fantastic triangulation skills. I do want Jack to stop being a grifter but I also don't want the cabal to disband. We still need our day in court too. We have so many possibilities for outfits now 😂
Ja, Jackie, verpiss dich. Und hör auf mit Google translate. Konzentriere dich auf Englisch. Das scheint schwer genug für dich zu sein.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
One thing I hate is whenever someone criticises her shop and she goes "ok so YOU do better!"

No. The point is that it is not possible to live well on 20£ a week. It's not a challenge, and she's set herself a random limit that she now claims to religiously stick to (she doesn't, of course).

My way of doing better would be to reorganise my budget, redirecting funds away from sideboards and expensive wallpaper to scribble on, so my child wouldn't eat nasty sausages and the same gross sandwich every day.

PS - surely it's a parent's job to give their child as varied, healthy and good a diet as they can? Variety in particular is important, and is often seen as one of the reasons why Okinawan people live so long, for example. SB gets (vile cheap) sausages, chicken breast, and the same vegetables week in week out. He doesn't even like kale and mushrooms ffs...
That would mean Jack had to put him first though. She can't bring herself to do that at all.

I cannot bring myself to feel sympathy for Louisa. In fact, I wish she'd be called out for her association with the lying, scamming Jack, but I do feel for the boy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Congratulations to @kachoochoo for the thread title. 109 reactions 🎉 I believe it’s your first? Slow cooker surprise for you. Mmmm.

Recap of thread #108

1. Apparently, a ‘concern troll’ emailed her agent. She’s not blacklisted - just look at all her recent employment! Well then, Jack. Time to blacklist that tip jar, isn’t it?
  2. She’s been ‘keeping receipts on [us] lot for a while’. Ah, but Jack, it’s a two-way street, mate. There’s receipts here and all.
  3. She’s so BUSY. Close your Patreon then.
  4. But, but ... she’s not rich! So, uh, don’t forget she has those CCJs! FFS.
  5. She ‘delivered a housing conference’. Here she is.
  6. Her patrons are breaking her first rule of Patreon - Don’t Talk About Her Unfulfilled Patreon Promises.
  7. She just wants to ‘address something that’s quite tiresome’. Personally, the phrase ‘open season for asshats’ makes me think of hats on bums on a nice day out.
  8. She ‘can’t wait’ to show us her Asda haul. So proud. So tiresome.
  9. Jack is to £17.62 Asda shops what Andy Goldsworthy is to nature.
  10. She preemptively answered some FAQs.
  11. ‘Do you find it ages to shop on a budget?’ ‘Yep.’
  12. Suppernanny meets supernanny.
  13. She’s a dangerous liar.
  14. ‘Jesus Christ’, says Jack. ‘Get a life.’ (Oops, that tub of watercress is a little off centre, but you tell him, Jack.)
  15. She only uses bar soap.
  16. Kale is best used as a seasoning, says award-winning food writer Jack Monroe.
  17. Sorry, u wot m8? The trolls can’t get to grips with her.
  18. She laughs at people being triggered by her 55-inch flat screen telly that’s bleeping DENTED. BB is not housetrained enough to clean the telly properly. Here’s a picture in case you don’t believe her!
  19. Oh, yummy. Delicious. So tempting. So delightful.

[*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

**New**
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’
    She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*][*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*][*]
Great title and wonderful recap as always. Despite some saying you are not house trained, you are clearly going above and beyond the call of duty for the hausfraus *chef’s kiss

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Just dropping in to fume because I blocked this annoying attention-seeking woman on Twitter and now she has somehow popped up on my timeline again because someone liked her tweet! What the hell, Twitter?!
Yeah that happens ti me too.
An alarming number of my Twitter/Instagram friends follow her. Most of them I know IRL too.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I'm just being meticulous forensic
ftfy 😇

I reckon anybody eating mackie slop exclusively, would lose weight, regardless of how much money they wasted.
🤮 actually eating it is the first challenge, keeping it down is the second.

just looking at it puts me off food 🤢
Perhaps she’s the Tories’ secret weapon in the fight against obesity.

Wouldn’t it be nice to see some distinguishable food items on a plate. You know, nicely cooked vegetables (not micro chopped), perhaps a baked spud and a protein element - well-flavoured but identifiable? No over-cooked brown sloppage.

Just because people are on a budget, doesn’t mean they have to eat brown sludge.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
the micro veg could be an ed thing my grandma used to do it because she had one. We never knew until recently but my mum said that's why are veg was so tiny as kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
why does she put bacon in all of
SB's meals? if i was giving my daughter bacon sandwiches in her packed lunch everyday i honestly think her school would have a word

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
All caught up! JM is like an annoying colleague you can only tolerate in small bursts. I'm surprised she can't understand why people consider her hard work in person, if her Twitter is anything to go by.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Why are all her spoons tarnished? What an odd aesthetic choice.

OK, I'll say no more about her cutlery, I can feel waves of unease starting to drift out from Manchester...

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Morning Fraus, Bizarrely had a “nap” in the small hours. Was almost like I don’t have insomnia. It does mean the bingo write up has gone the way of the thrifty shades of beige postcards I’m BUSY special hello to the Fraus who have de-lurked to say hello. If you will excuse me I have to put some pre-cooked beans in a slow cooker and procrastinate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.