Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kouignamann

I'm just surprised as even when the photo was taken (2013?) it was well known what he was like. I look at any actress seen looking comfortable with him in a different light. He always seemed creepy then the truth came out about him. I just hope she wasn't around him long
Maybe she didn't really have a choice, and she's an actress, so acting like she is comfortable is a possibility.
I have been around this kind of predators myself, and sometimes faking politeness is the best surviving attitude.

Reactions: 12

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
I'm just surprised as even when the photo was taken (2013?) it was well known what he was like. I look at any actress seen looking comfortable with him in a different light. He always seemed creepy then the truth came out about him. I just hope she wasn't around him long
Yes he was very, very powerful. And she was and is not very powerful. If she was told to stand next to him and smile, why wouldn't she have? He's not the only pervert in Hollywood. It's not the actresses fault that they were told to stand next to a sexual predator and smile, unless they were powerful enablers, like some were. Zawe likely had little choice.

Reactions: 11

lordvoldy

Funny how many people claim they would be able to do better and yet nobody does. It is so easy to criticise when you never leave your comfort zone, but the reality of creation is you can never satisfy everyone despite the fact that you put your heart and soul in the work.
I don't get it, though: why people express so much hate about these matters. I mean, this is not the cure for cancer they were supposed to create, just a very entertaining series, for God's sake!!

About this "who wanted it public thing", let's think for a minute about who had pretty public relationships prior to that stunt and who didn't.
I think the answer is pretty obvious.
I feel the need to specify that I really enjoy TS's music though. Especially since 1989.
I wish he would tell everyone to fuck off really about it. Like “The relationship was real, I made some odd choices at the time, can everyone get over it please?”

• Haha
Reactions: 11

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
Sorry the guy still gives me the creeps. I find it quite funny that in the film about Weinsteins life it's Brad Pitt playing the man that brought him to justice, when in fact Brad was one of the first to stand up to him about Gwyneth Paltrow his then girlfriend. I just wish more women had spoken out about him sooner, would have saved many others the pain.
He's disgusting and creepy. But the fault lies with him and the PR and agents who enabled him for so long, just as long as he was making enough money to cover the compensation they had to pay out. Almost every actress in films has a picture with him. Many of them would have been told to stand there and smile for 5 minutes. There was a massive imbalance of power at play. I don't like how any woman who people want to dislike for any reason is automatically linked to Weinstein. Men worked with him and knew about him. Why are they not accused in the same way? Pitt worked with him after the Paltrow incident.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

2xblended

VIP Member
I'm not arguing with you at all, but this sounds like victim-blaming, which I'm sure is not what you mean to do and I think it's likely due to the fact that we can't read tone in writing, but it comes across quite harshly. :unsure:
The fact is, it's their job to pose for photos with their producers. Whether or not they like him or appear to be comfortable with him (the same applies to any costar or producer, no just Weinstein) is besides the point. They are there to do a job, they have to play nice or they won't be employed again- this was especially true around Weinstein, who was beyond powerful and would block people from all major projects when they tried to go against him.
Saying actresses who are seen looking comfortable makes you perceive them differently, as though you think the choice is black and white, is a bit simplistic and unfair to the many victims who were not powerful enough to step away, and were probably wary of speaking up for fear of this kind of judgement and reprisal.
Same as other big named actresses at the time I think I would have completely swerved him. Sorry people like that make my skin crawl
No doubt he made many people's skin crawl, but not everyone was in a position to swerve him. It's just so much more complicated than that. There's also the point that he was not only in control but also quite charismatic in his own way. He knew, as most abusers do, how to fake 'nice' so that only his victims and people closer to him saw the dark side of him. This has been widely reported by many who worked with him and had no clue what he was up to. It became more common knowledge in later years, but for a long time he was the producer that everyone wanted to work with and they just didn't know of the darker side.
In my 20s I had a boss who constantly harassed me and I was polite to him because I knew it'd be his word vs mine, and I absolutely needed my job (am in the US, we don't have tons of safety nets, and this was before me too). So I saw it as be nice or be homeless, don't eat, don't see a doctor etc. So that said I understand why people might be polite to those who are abusive like that if they feel like its all or nothing.
Been exactly there and reacted the same way. Played as nicely as I could until I could escape. It's a horrifying experience and it stays with you. When you need the job, you have to tolerate a lot until you can find an escape hatch. Sorry you experienced that. :(

• Heart
Reactions: 9

yupps

Chatty Member
The other guy may be a producer named Stephen Garrett. He worked on The Night Manager and he has other projects in the works. Good sign I hope!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
When I got with my husband he was already married (I'm a scummy homewrecker i know, but there's a reason I'm saying this) and he moved out because he wanted to be with me, but his lawyer said if we were ever seen together romantically his wife could try for much more money in the divorce. His wife was wealthy and he was told she may hire a PI.

So he got a separate apartment from me. But we still hung out. We still went to stores together. We didn't hold hands in public but we walked my dog together if he was at my place for the day. We would get lunch or walk to the park. But we would not show affection in public. If we got caught together, we were just two friends going shopping/taking a walk. Plausible deniability was a big thing.

This went on for a 13 mos until his divorce was finalized. Then we got married like a month later.

That all being said, I totally understand why people would want to keep things secret for a certain amount of time, as there can be reasons for it that others don't consider, but to never be seen anywhere together at all (within this year at least, 2020 i get) seems so weird to me on so many levels.

Like my husband could have to be paying spousal support for years or been dragged through the coals in court, and we still went food shopping together and walked my dog? Tom could step out with her to do an errand and just say "she's only a friend."

Every experience is different the whole thing just seems weird af to me and I'm saying that as someone who had a secret relationship for like 2 years and had to keep it secret for 13 mos.

And again I know I'm scummy but we fell in love what can i say.
I second Clara's statement. Never ever should you apologize for falling in love. As TH one said, you cannot control your heart or who you fall in love with and that's so true.
Granted, there are some situations when other people get hurt in the process but one should always go to bed content when following one's heart.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I'm glad that you were able to find your happy ending despite of the adversity.
That being said, this is exactly why I find it weird.
I was talking to some of my friends about this situation and I kept coming back with a comparison between TH & ZA and Cavill and Cuoco.
Henry, when he made his first movie, wasn't all that known so there was a PR stunt (we later found out) where he was 'dating' Hayley Cuoco. She was the best paid actress in TV around that time and she gave him the exposure he needed to get his career going.
There were only like 3 photos of them holding hands or going out for a bite to eat and that was it.
I sometimes wonder if this is the same agenda TH and ZA have / had. They were only seen in public a couple of times, sort of as to get the gossip going, but ever since July 2020 (when the alleged visit to the vet happened [I'm sticking to the alleged as I never really saw any proof myself])
Maybe they are friends and TH was helping ZA get her career to take off. If that was the case, I commend him for his efforts, they paid off.
It's been more than a year and nothing. I'm sorry but that's weird. I will not stop saying that it is.
The other day I came across this quote on IG and it made sense:
1629205001634.png

You can be private, not confirming a relationship yet being seen in public together. Those are my 2 cents

• Heart

chelseadagger

I was scrolling on Instagram and the algorithm offered me these pictures of TH having breakfast at some kind of restaurant. And it got me wondering why doesn't he take his breakfast at home? #existentialquestions 😆🙈
I mean why does anybody do that? I love having breakfast in my PJs... and that's impossible in a restaurant!!
But breakfast food is good when someone else makes it. I can never get a poached egg right!

db131

VIP Member
I started work again today and apparently missed 3 pages of posts! I'm skimming through to catch up on everything now and what I have learned so far is...TH lives somewhere that ends in chester or bury...yupps is either Zawe, TH, or the officiant for their wedding...Bobby is more popular and beloved than either of them. Carry on!

• Haha

Ice9

The constant mention of TS makes me sad. It seems like it's what he will be known for on par with his Marvel role. Like it's gonna follow him forever.

I agree he made a mistake, I do honestly think it was some weird terribly done PR stunt but it's been years. I guess because TS is so huge and remains a massive star people are always interested in her name. If she had dropped off at some point the news would let it go.

I know fans of hers that still hate him and mock him. Like absolutely blame him for everything and wish him badly. Her fans are scary though his can be too.

Sometimes I feel like in his obituary it'll say that he dated her and that just sucks.

• Sad

db131

VIP Member
He’s never spoken about her and I like that, I think the only publicly thing he said was “she’s lovely and very smart” which to be honest she is, I could really break this whole relationship down but I won’t bore you all 😂 At the time of Tom and Taylor, Taylor was going through a real shit time through the media. If you watch her “miss Americana” docu on Netflix it really highlights the major struggles she goes through and Calvin was an asshole to her. Both of them were in a bad place and I say Tom and Taylor were “right person, wrong time”
I honestly never thought either of them were super into the relationship- I think they were both using each other for personal gain. Taylor wanted to publicly get revenge on Calvin and rewrite the media narrative she was dealing with at the time, and Tom, who I think was actually much more ambitious than he comes off, wanted to boost his fame and possibly lead to the Bond role. That's not to say that they didn't like each other at all- they're both attractive and interesting, I'm sure they were able to amuse themselves.

I don't actually mind Taylor, I thought Folklore was wonderful and she seems to have grown up a lot. When they were together it was just so weird. He looked like a dad hanging out with her and her crew, it was very uncomfortable. Either truth of the situation was offensive to fans- either their "internet boyfriend" had chosen someone they found completely unsuitable, or he was a fame-hungry stunt queen and neither of those options worked with the image he had created so far. I don't think his change in personality had anything to do with feelings for her, I think it all stemmed from a fall from his pedestal and a severely bruised ego.

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
I think the guy behind him is just a guy on the street. He doesn’t use a bodyguard unless he’s on “business”. These pictures are from not too far from his house. As for the mug - probably getting some coffee, I’d suspect. Some places encourage using your own cup. (Admittedly most people bring a travel mug - but that’s Tom I guess)
Look at him so environmentally friendly!
We stan our green lord!
Can we just acknowledge the fact that he looks damn fine despite the fact that he probably had a screaming fan to his face taking photos?
Wonder what he was saying? Hopefully not asking who ever took them to stop.
Otherwise, he looks better than the photos we got last week.

I mean, I can totally get used to a weekly sighting ;)

It does look like the same neighborhood than the previous ones

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Kouignamann

Nope - only until filming begins again at Pinewood studios - which is probably today. Then it’s back to London. What is interesting is that Tom disappeared for a while until she started filming and then suddenly he reappeared in London. Then we see he goes out of town when there is a little break in filming. Could be a coincidence🤷🏼‍♀️

There have been some pictures of the Marvel cast partying in London - but not Zawe.
Yupps you defend their couple very loyally ; are you their wedding planner?? 😜
If so, tell us more!!! If not, I may start to think you are Zawe herself.
If so, TELL US MORE!!!

I am just teasing you, of course.

Tom only reappeared recently, where's he been all this time?
Like chelseadagger said, cuddling with Zawe in Hampshire.

• Haha

beveta

Chatty Member
He should hire a community manager or someone from his PR team needs to get it together and start handling his SM if he is just not into anymore.
As I said, the Tony's are huge. Only the cream of the crop is even considered for a nomination. This is, by no means, at the same scale of 'Sexiest man alive' or whatever other type of awards are out there.
This could be a HUGE stepping stone for his career if he wins. Not only is he nominated as Best Leading Actors but, based on the list, he has a big chance of winning:
Ian Barford, Linda Vista
Andrew Burnap, The Inheritance
Jake Gyllenhaal, Sea Wall/A Life
Tom Hiddleston, Betrayal
Tom Sturridge, Sea Wall/A Life
Blair Underwood, A Soldier's Play

Es ist so schade, dass er oder sein Team das nicht hochspielen
[/ZITIEREN]
I'm following Instagram Paul Bettany and I think he has a good PR team, a little private and a little professional. I like that. Tom's PR team doesn't do enough for me
He should hire a community manager or someone from his PR team needs to get it together and start handling his SM if he is just not into anymore.
As I said, the Tony's are huge. Only the cream of the crop is even considered for a nomination. This is, by no means, at the same scale of 'Sexiest man alive' or whatever other type of awards are out there.
This could be a HUGE stepping stone for his career if he wins. Not only is he nominated as Best Leading Actors but, based on the list, he has a big chance of winning:
Ian Barford, Linda Vista
Andrew Burnap, The Inheritance
Jake Gyllenhaal, Sea Wall/A Life
Tom Hiddleston, Betrayal
Tom Sturridge, Sea Wall/A Life
Blair Underwood, A Soldier's Play

It's such a shame that he or his team are not hyping this up

Yup, Betrayal is nominated for Best (non musical) play, Best Scenic Design of a Play, Best Direction of a Play and Best Revival of a Play.
The only thing that they are not in for are Best Leading Actress (Zawe) and Featured Actor (Charlie)
Let's face it, the costume design was non existent in comparison, so I'm not surprised that they weren't considered for it
I'm following Instagram Paul Bettany and I think he has a good PR team, a little private and a little professional. I like that. Tom's PR team doesn't do enough for me

db131

VIP Member
I came across this on tumblr- it's a collage of times Tom has carried his own plates/bowls/etc around like it's a normal thing to do. I just find it so goddamn endearing, like of course he just brings non-portable dishes with him on walks. Here's hoping that next time we see him he's in a red shirt and just eating a bowl of cereal.

Tom and Dishware

• Haha

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
What is BI?
Blind Items
I never believed MM's stories- to me it seemed like something entirely fictional OR she is someone who did sleep with him once and had a little insight but from there wanted attention. I could be totally wrong but it's hard for me to relate to the idea that someone could be enaged in an ongoing relationship with a celeb and dishing about them so freely on gossip sites. I don't think I'd ever risk my "arrangement" over something like that.

I can't wait to see TH in his oscar worthy role of HOLE MAN 😂
Hey, maybe it was TH posing as a chick and raving about his bed sheet skills.....Naughty lil sausage 😄
He'll be an unHOLEy MAN (hopefully) on TES....Yeah, I'll see myself out now!
Was nice to meet ya'll! 🙈

• Haha

Ice9

As to whether there was pasta in the dish - she said there was not in a since deleted tweet. She said “he’s an actor” with a 😊. (Something like that). The unspoken suggestion is that like most actors he is careful with his diet (watching the carbs).
Why wouldn't you offer the other person pasta though? It's a bowl of sauce. I second the person who said that being served a bowl of sauce seems like something that'd happen just before you're murdered.

• Haha