Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ice9

Tomatoey mince, brilliant! Sorry you made me spit out my coffee laughing.
I do genuinely think he needs reassurance it cannot be easy suddenly having every step scrutinised by the media. I'm sure there's plenty of ladies willing to make the pasta if he makes the Bolognese
I kept thinking I hope someone teaches him not to do this. If he was my friend I would be like 'ok we are going to have a day where we go through all of the stuff you cook that you think is normal and make sure it really is 😬🤪 and we won't tell anyone we will just learn and never speak of it again'.

Also re: the reassurance thing i agree. He probably needs someone gentle and reassuring. I hope he has that in a friend, lover or family or all.

He does come off kind of socially awkward to me but in a cute way most of the time. Do nice/elite schools teach you how to act normally? Or do they just let you be weird and not say anything?

I am really asking, I went to really poor public schools in the US and we learned by example, meaning, if you were weird you got bullied or mocked and learned very fast how to fit in as kids. Do people in elite schools face anything like that or are they all made to play nice and ignore weirdness?

Now I'm curious. From the outside those type of places look stifling. Same point I feel like young tom would prob be eaten alive in a regular school. At least in the US. Maybe the UK has nicer students. If you don't see what normal is as a young person it's hard to be socially normal as an adult imo.

But again usually I find it endearing. Except with that frigging sauce.