Tom Hiddleston #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello!! Where did we get to? Night Manager season 2?

as there was no sequel to the book they might use the premise of one of his other books but change the main character or a writer will write a screenplay in the style of
I have no idea what's going to happen with that one to be honest! Maybe he finished the book before passing or maybe they are going to use his other espionage books as inspo?

Reactions: 3
John Le Carre has written many espionage books. Some have already been filmed. There must be a book for Jonathan Pine/Tom :D

Reactions: 2
John Le Carre has written many espionage books. Some have already been filmed. There must be a book for Jonathan Pine/Tom :D
Yes exactly

I've just see on another thread that Zawe was photographed with Harvey Weinstein a few years ago....... I'm shocked I thought any sensible woman knew to stay away from that guy

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Yes exactly

I've just see on another thread that Zawe was photographed with Harvey Weinstein a few years ago....... I'm shocked I thought any sensible woman knew to stay away from that guy
I saw the picture, too. Many people have been photographed with him or have to. He was very powerful in Hollywood.

Reactions: 5
I saw the picture, too. Many people have been photographed with him or have to. He was very powerful in Hollywood.
I'm just surprised as even when the photo was taken (2013?) it was well known what he was like. I look at any actress seen looking comfortable with him in a different light. He always seemed creepy then the truth came out about him. I just hope she wasn't around him long

Last edited:
  • Wow
I'm just surprised as even when the photo was taken (2013?) it was well known what he was like. I look at any actress seen looking comfortable with him in a different light. He always seemed creepy then the truth came out about him. I just hope she wasn't around him long
Maybe she didn't really have a choice, and she's an actress, so acting like she is comfortable is a possibility.
I have been around this kind of predators myself, and sometimes faking politeness is the best surviving attitude.

Reactions: 12
Maybe she didn't really have a choice, and she's an actress, so acting like she is comfortable is a possibility.
I have been around this kind of predators myself, and sometimes faking politeness is the best surviving attitude.
Same as other big named actresses at the time I think I would have completely swerved him. Sorry people like that make my skin crawl

Reactions: 4
Yes he was very, very powerful. And she was and is not very powerful. If she was told to stand next to him and smile, why wouldn't she have? He's not the only pervert in Hollywood. It's not the actresses fault that they were told to stand next to a sexual predator and smile, unless they were powerful enablers, like some were. Zawe likely had little choice.

Reactions: 11
Yes he was very, very powerful. And she was and is not very powerful. If she was told to stand next to him and smile, why wouldn't she have? He's not the only pervert in Hollywood. It's not the actresses fault that they were told to stand next to a sexual predator and smile, unless they were powerful enablers, like some were. Zawe likely had little choice.
Sorry the guy still gives me the creeps. I find it quite funny that in the film about Weinsteins life it's Brad Pitt playing the man that brought him to justice, when in fact Brad was one of the first to stand up to him about Gwyneth Paltrow his then girlfriend. I just wish more women had spoken out about him sooner, would have saved many others the pain. If Zawe was made to stand next to him that's not right, but not sure I could fake smiling and looking happy next to him, but guess full details about him hadn't come to light then.

Reactions: 1
Sorry the guy still gives me the creeps. I find it quite funny that in the film about Weinsteins life it's Brad Pitt playing the man that brought him to justice, when in fact Brad was one of the first to stand up to him about Gwyneth Paltrow his then girlfriend. I just wish more women had spoken out about him sooner, would have saved many others the pain.
He's disgusting and creepy. But the fault lies with him and the PR and agents who enabled him for so long, just as long as he was making enough money to cover the compensation they had to pay out. Almost every actress in films has a picture with him. Many of them would have been told to stand there and smile for 5 minutes. There was a massive imbalance of power at play. I don't like how any woman who people want to dislike for any reason is automatically linked to Weinstein. Men worked with him and knew about him. Why are they not accused in the same way? Pitt worked with him after the Paltrow incident.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
He's disgusting and creepy. But the fault lies with him and the PR and agents who enabled him for so long, just as long as he was making enough money to cover the compensation they had to pay out. Almost every actress in films has a picture with him. Many of them would have been told to stand there and smile for 5 minutes. There was a massive imbalance of power at play. I don't like how any woman who people want to dislike for any reason is automatically linked to Weinstein. Men worked with him and knew about him. Why are they not accused in the same way? Pitt worked with him after the Paltrow incident.
I believe he did but did he not make sure any woman on the pictures he was on was kept away from Weinstein? I know in the court case some women's details came out that he kept diaries on of what happened. I remember there was speculation who those women were. Either way, he shouldn't have been enabled for as long and the women that originally spoke out shouldn't have been treated the way they were.
Does anyone know what Tom has coming up before filming of Loki season 2 starts?

If this is true this could be awesome. I know they filmed a recent Star Wars series near Blackpool

Last edited:
Same as other big named actresses at the time I think I would have completely swerved him. Sorry people like that make my skin crawl
I sorta see it two ways with this...
In my 20s I had a boss who constantly harassed me and I was polite to him because I knew it'd be his word vs mine, and I absolutely needed my job (am in the US, we don't have tons of safety nets, and this was before me too). So I saw it as be nice or be homeless, don't eat, don't see a doctor etc. So that said I understand why people might be polite to those who are abusive like that if they feel like its all or nothing.

Other side, unless she is very distant from her family, doesn't she come from well off people? I can't imagine she would have been faced with 'be nice or you won't eat next month' but who knows maybe she doesn't talk to them or they don't help her.

I am sure there are way more perspectives on this its just my 2 cents. I think if I had some kind of support or safety net I would have stood up for myself. Ended up getting another job asap but I will never forget that guy.šŸ¤®

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm not arguing with you at all, but this sounds like victim-blaming, which I'm sure is not what you mean to do and I think it's likely due to the fact that we can't read tone in writing, but it comes across quite harshly. :unsure:
The fact is, it's their job to pose for photos with their producers. Whether or not they like him or appear to be comfortable with him (the same applies to any costar or producer, no just Weinstein) is besides the point. They are there to do a job, they have to play nice or they won't be employed again- this was especially true around Weinstein, who was beyond powerful and would block people from all major projects when they tried to go against him.
Saying actresses who are seen looking comfortable makes you perceive them differently, as though you think the choice is black and white, is a bit simplistic and unfair to the many victims who were not powerful enough to step away, and were probably wary of speaking up for fear of this kind of judgement and reprisal.
No doubt he made many people's skin crawl, but not everyone was in a position to swerve him. It's just so much more complicated than that. There's also the point that he was not only in control but also quite charismatic in his own way. He knew, as most abusers do, how to fake 'nice' so that only his victims and people closer to him saw the dark side of him. This has been widely reported by many who worked with him and had no clue what he was up to. It became more common knowledge in later years, but for a long time he was the producer that everyone wanted to work with and they just didn't know of the darker side.
In my 20s I had a boss who constantly harassed me and I was polite to him because I knew it'd be his word vs mine, and I absolutely needed my job (am in the US, we don't have tons of safety nets, and this was before me too). So I saw it as be nice or be homeless, don't eat, don't see a doctor etc. So that said I understand why people might be polite to those who are abusive like that if they feel like its all or nothing.
Been exactly there and reacted the same way. Played as nicely as I could until I could escape. It's a horrifying experience and it stays with you. When you need the job, you have to tolerate a lot until you can find an escape hatch. Sorry you experienced that. :(

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Other side, unless she is very distant from her family, doesn't she come from well off people? I can't imagine she would have been faced with 'be nice or you won't eat next month' but who knows maybe she doesn't talk to them or they don't help her.

I am sure there are way more perspectives on this its just my 2 cents. I think if I had some kind of support or safety net I would have stood up for myself. Ended up getting another job asap but I will never forget that guy.šŸ¤®
I think she does get on well with her family but I don't think she's particularly 'well off.' She seems to take pride in her Hackney roots (and before anyone comes at me, I'm not saying Hackney is bad or poor or working class) and to me, she doesn't give off the air of someone who comes from money like Tom.

I'm not arguing with you at all, but this sounds like victim-blaming, which I'm sure is not what you mean to do and I think it's likely due to the fact that we can't read tone in writing, but it comes across quite harshly. :unsure:
The fact is, it's their job to pose for photos with their producers. Whether or not they like him or appear to be comfortable with him (the same applies to any costar or producer, no just Weinstein) is besides the point. They are there to do a job, they have to play nice or they won't be employed again- this was especially true around Weinstein, who was beyond powerful and would block people from all major projects when they tried to go against him.
Saying actresses who are seen looking comfortable makes you perceive them differently, as though you think the choice is black and white, is a bit simplistic and unfair to the many victims who were not powerful enough to step away, and were probably wary of speaking up for fear of this kind of judgement and reprisal.

No doubt he made many people's skin crawl, but not everyone was in a position to swerve him. It's just so much more complicated than that. There's also the point that he was not only in control but also quite charismatic in his own way. He knew, as most abusers do, how to fake 'nice' so that only his victims and people closer to him saw the dark side of him. This has been widely reported by many who worked with him and had no clue what he was up to. It became more common knowledge in later years, but for a long time he was the producer that everyone wanted to work with and they just didn't know of the darker side.

Been exactly there and reacted the same way. Played as nicely as I could until I could escape. It's a horrifying experience and it stays with you. When you need the job, you have to tolerate a lot until you can find an escape hatch. Sorry you experienced that. :(
I'm not victim blaming at all, and yes I know some maybe couldn't pick and choose roles but as a woman I think I would have tried to make sure if there was a photo it was a group one and definitely stuck up for the victims and the ones that spoke out (I'm generalising here as no idea at all what Zawe thought of him, I just remember what a hard time the likes of Rose McGowan got when she spoke out and I don't think that was fair).

Sorry to hear that Ice, I faced similar (although this guy was more of a perv rather than trying to grab you) straight out of university but I was warned by older women (they looked out for the younger ones) working for him what he could be like and situations to make sure I didn't get myself into. Maybe why that's why I hate people like that so much and think more should be done to support victims of stuff like this rather than companies hush up stuff (and yes it still happens here in the UK and I don't just mean abuse like Weinstein I mean bullying, as well as discrimination/victimisation).

Last edited:
I'm not victim blaming at all
Fair enough, glad to hear it. :)
but as a woman I think I would have tried to make sure if there was a photo it was a group one and definitely stuck up for the victims and the ones that spoke out
Again, I just don't think it's that simple. Not everyone has the ability to control these things, to speak up, to change the situation. When it is your boss, the person whom everyone in the room is in awe of, and there's just you who is lower in status and whose voice is unheard...it's just not that easy to affect change, unfortunately. That's why Pitt was able to do something- powerful enough, respected enough, another man- one whose voice would be heard. A woman taking a stance wouldn't necessarily have accomplished anything. It's desperately unfair, but often that is just the reality. We all think we'd do it differently, but in the moment, you are pushed towards him and told to smile for the camera...you do it and then make a hasty exit without rocking the boat because if you say no, your career ends then and there.
I just remember what a hard time the likes of Rose McGowan got when she spoke out and I don't think that was fair
Rose was very unjustly treated and was so brave to keep fighting. I'm glad that people are listening to her now.

I faced similar (although this guy was more of a perv rather than trying to grab you) straight out of university but I was warned by older women (they looked out for the younger ones) working for him what he could be like and situations to make sure I didn't get myself into. Maybe why that's why I hate people like that so much and think more should be done to support victims of stuff like this rather than companies hush up stuff
Really sorry you went through that, but relieved to hear you were at least warned so that you could manage the situation a little bit. It's good when people look out for one another. You're absolutely right, there should be more done to protect victims. There's always a lot of judgement and questioning (why didn't they say something or refuse or leave the situation) and honestly, that just makes it worse for people who are being bullied/harassed in any manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7