Tom Hiddleston #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
:unsure:In every DM article, people always start with Hiddleswift. It's been five years now. Do people at Taylor speak like that?

Reactions: 4
:unsure:In every DM article, people always start with Hiddleswift. It's been five years now. Do people at Taylor speak like that?
I noticed that too, it's so frustrating. Part of me feels like he put himself in that position, but the gentler side of me feels bad that his stunt backfired so spectacularly.

I don't think it helps that he hasn't had any sort of public connection to a woman since then- most people who aren't big fans don't even know who Zawe is, so they have nothing to talk about except for Taylor, and imo the way he avoids the subject and takes himself so seriously allows people to make it a bigger deal.

Reactions: 7
I noticed that too, it's so frustrating. Part of me feels like he put himself in that position, but the gentler side of me feels bad that his stunt backfired so spectacularly.

I don't think it helps that he hasn't had any sort of public connection to a woman since then- most people who aren't big fans don't even know who Zawe is, so they have nothing to talk about except for Taylor, and imo the way he avoids the subject and takes himself so seriously allows people to make it a bigger deal.
Zawe isn't so well-known either. She has only one small appearance in three episodes of Handmades Tale, her book is certainly not so well known, and she knows Jamie Lloyd. If she hadn't had this Pinter performance with Tom in 2018, she wouldn't have come to Broadway so quickly. Of course, Taylor Swift is better known. I wonder if all this was discussed with the PR people one evening before (MET Gala) or afterwards

Reactions: 3
Zawe isn't so well-known either. She has only one small appearance in three episodes of Handmades Tale, her book is certainly not so well known, and she knows Jamie Lloyd. If she hadn't had this Pinter performance with Tom in 2018, she wouldn't have come to Broadway so quickly. Of course, Taylor Swift is better known. I wonder if all this was discussed with the PR people one evening before (MET Gala) or afterwards
Zawe has been in and out of movies for about 12 years if not more since she appeared in St Trinians 2. Yet she's never really made it, not sure why. Bouncing from movie to tv to theatre and back again. There's a soap actress in the UK I know she's been mistaken for but in general I think if she walked down any major UK city street she would probably go unrecognised. I think because there's really been nothing of both of them being pictured together since Betrayal then the media will hark back to Taylor as (PR stunt or not) he seemed really into her, wanted to be seen with her, introduced her to his family etc. We've not seen anything like that this time. Now all the media can do is speculate and go back to poor Tom being humiliated over that heart t-shirt or the break up. If he did truly have feelings for Taylor then it would be a massive kick in the teeth. But no matter what is going on in his life it would be good to see more of 'happy' Tom.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Zawe has been in and out of movies for about 12 years if not more since she appeared in St Trinians 2. Yet she's never really made it, not sure why.
Not the most popular opinion, I know, but I think the reason is that she is not that good of an actress. Everything I saw with her in it felt like she only can play one character.

Reactions: 7
The constant mention of TS makes me sad. It seems like it's what he will be known for on par with his Marvel role. Like it's gonna follow him forever.

I agree he made a mistake, I do honestly think it was some weird terribly done PR stunt but it's been years. I guess because TS is so huge and remains a massive star people are always interested in her name. If she had dropped off at some point the news would let it go.

I know fans of hers that still hate him and mock him. Like absolutely blame him for everything and wish him badly. Her fans are scary though his can be too.

Sometimes I feel like in his obituary it'll say that he dated her and that just sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Not the most popular opinion, I know, but I think the reason is that she is not that good of an actress. Everything I saw with her in it felt like she only can play one character.
I actually agree. Although I thought she was ok in St Trinians 2 it wasn't really stand out for me and I hadn't realised until more recently it was her in fresh meat. But when I saw her in Doctor Who (and I'm a big fan) I didn't like her acting in that but as it was one episode I gave her the benefit of the doubt but when I read she'd been turned down as a companion to the Doctor I was relieved as I didn't like what I'd seen with her character but hadn't seen enough to determine whether it was the way the character was portrayed or whether it was the she portrayed it if that makes sense. But watching her and Tom do a read through of Anna Karenina I'm afraid I basically watched through my fingers as her rendition of a classic was horrendous. I know there's a few videos on YouTube where you can hear members of the audience laughing at her performance when it's meant to be a very serious scene. Watching her I don't think she's a good serious actress, and I'm wondering how large a part she'll play in the Marvels. Sorry mine probably isn't a popular opinion either but I think it's extremely rare as an actor to be able to play all genres.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I actually agree. Although I thought she was ok in St Trinians 2 it wasn't really stand out for me and I hadn't realised until more recently it was her in fresh meat. But when I saw her in Doctor Who (and I'm a big fan) I didn't like her acting in that but as it was one episode I gave her the benefit of the doubt but when I read she'd been turned down as a companion to the Doctor I was relieved as I didn't like what I'd seen with her character but hadn't seen enough to determine whether it was the way the character was portrayed or whether it was the she portrayed it if that makes sense. But watching her and Tom do a read through of Anna Karenina I'm afraid I basically watched through my fingers as her rendition of a classic was horrendous. I know there's a few videos on YouTube where you can hear members of the audience laughing at her performance when it's meant to be a very serious scene. Watching her I don't think she's a good serious actress, and I'm wondering how large a part she'll play in the Marvels. Sorry mine probably isn't a popular opinion either but I think it's extremely rare as an actor to be able to play all genres.
I felt the same about that Dickens vs Tolstoy debate, I felt that she was majorly overacting- it was very cringey especially compared to Tom's subtle approach. I haven't seen her in anything else really so I'm interested to see how she is in Captain Marvel. I wish I could have seen Betrayal, I heard they were all very good in it.

Reactions: 3
I felt the same about that Dickens vs Tolstoy debate, I felt that she was majorly overacting- it was very cringey especially compared to Tom's subtle approach. I haven't seen her in anything else really so I'm interested to see how she is in Captain Marvel. I wish I could have seen Betrayal, I heard they were all very good in it.
I've been reading different opinions. Some write that ZA was too stiff and there was no chemistry between TH and ZA. Could, of course, also be related to the role. Others say again that she was great.

Reactions: 1
In my opinion she started out well but like Beveta said there wasn't any chemistry between her and Tom in it. I think she maybe tried too hard. I thought there was better emotion in the episode of Doctor Who she was in where she spoke about her on screen brother!

So apparently they're looking for a new director for Season 2 of Loki

Last edited:
Reactions: 1