Tom Hiddleston #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly ever since I saw fleabag and Derry girls, the idea of a sexy priest is so hot to me.

I know he’s not playing a priest and the character is married, it’s still in that religious realm that’s got me all…you know.

I’m not religious myself tho

Reactions: 2
Honestly ever since I saw fleabag and Derry girls, the idea of a sexy priest is so hot to me.

I know he’s not playing a priest and the character is married, it’s still in that religious realm that’s got me all…you know.

I’m not religious myself tho
I mean...
Exw6n5mWgAE_skT.jpg

Consider me a convert.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you so much! I like historical fiction but religion bores me a lot, I wasn't sure if it was major in like a huge focus of the book or if Will is a side character or something. I think this is probably not for me.
I am from the most atheistic country in Europe so I am not religious myself but there is not much religion. Not really. It is more about Will´s inner struggle where he tries to fight the superstition with a reason, not faith. There are about four short lines in the church and one religion vs science discussion between Cora and Will. Where you find out Will is more of a reasonable person who happens to believe in the God but in more ..."he is in trees" way than in the Bible. Not sure if it makes sense. It is so well described in the book :D
It is a bit weird animal, this book. I think it is much more about an identity than anything else. The main heroine, Cora, is not exactly fitting her times, either. She is excited to discover but was trapped in the marriage, she doesn´t want to love. And doesn´t know how to do it. There are hints that she doesn´t know how to behave as a *woman* and then she meets Will, who is a faithful husband, thinks similarly to her and yet...he doesn´t. Really, as I said, I can definitely see why Tom is drawn to that character and why he probably spent some time analyzing the book :D There are also other characters, who are intersting and as I said, it is more about a description of lives of several people at a certain point of time.
I think the fascinating part is that the "relationship" between Cora and will is partially in letters. Big chunk of the book are letters and they even move story froward. Cora is not even much at the end of the book and spends majority of the time communicating in letters.
I am not trying to convince you to try and read it but it is really beautifully written and it would be a shame to miss it just because there are about twenty lines about religion, where the word "God" is not even mentioned that much :) There is one part of a chapter where Will doubts his faith (at that point, it makes total sense) but it is, again, internal emotional struggle.
Even at the time when I read it, Will was the most interesting character for me (I didn´t know Tom was going to play him). He is consistent, steady, yet full of doubt after he meets Cora but remains true to himself. While Cora is....not so consistent and falls a bit into "unlikeable" sometimes but I think it was intentional because it was supposed to show her emotional immaturity given she was 19 when she got married and never really got much of a chance to learn about *how* to feel. I can definitely see why any actress would be drawn to her as well.
And for the record, I think Claire Danes is much better choice than Keira Knightley who was originally set to play her.

Gosh, that´s long, sorry! But you can see how much I enjoyed the book :) I usually get to read about 4 books per month so when something gets me so much and I remember that much, you can say that I really loved the book :D

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am from the most atheistic country in Europe so I am not religious myself but there is not much religion. Not really. It is more about Will´s inner struggle where he tries to fight the superstition with a reason, not faith. There are about four short lines in the church and one religion vs science discussion between Cora and Will. Where you find out Will is more of a reasonable person who happens to believe in the God but in more ..."he is in trees" way than in the Bible. Not sure if it makes sense. It is so well described in the book :D
It is a bit weird animal, this book. I think it is much more about an identity than anything else. The main heroine, Cora, is not exactly fitting her times, either. She is excited to discover but was trapped in the marriage, she doesn´t want to love. And doesn´t know how to do it. There are hints that she doesn´t know how to behave as a *woman* and then she meets Will, who is a faithful husband, thinks similarly to her and yet...he doesn´t. Really, as I said, I can definitely see why Tom is drawn to that character and why he probably spent some time analyzing the book :D There are also other characters, who are intersting and as I said, it is more about a description of lives of several people at a certain point of time.
I think the fascinating part is that the "relationship" between Cora and will is partially in letters. Big chunk of the book are letters and they even move story froward. Cora is not even much at the end of the book and spends majority of the time communicating in letters.
I am not trying to convince you to try and read it but it is really beautifully written and it would be a shame to miss it just because there are about twenty lines about religion, where the word "God" is not even mentioned that much :) There is one part of a chapter where Will doubts his faith (at that point, it makes total sense) but it is, again, internal emotional struggle.
Even at the time when I read it, Will was the most interesting character for me (I didn´t know Tom was going to play him). He is consistent, steady, yet full of doubt after he meets Cora but remains true to himself. While Cora is....not so consistent and falls a bit into "unlikeable" sometimes but I think it was intentional because it was supposed to show her emotional immaturity given she was 19 when she got married and never really got much of a chance to learn about *how* to feel. I can definitely see why any actress would be drawn to her as well.
And for the record, I think Claire Danes is much better choice than Keira Knightley who was originally set to play her.

Gosh, that´s long, sorry! But you can see how much I enjoyed the book :) I usually get to read about 4 books per month so when something gets me so much and I remember that much, you can say that I really loved the book :D
I don't know about Ice9, but you make me want to give it a try!
About the "get together party", that would be set in Europe, since this is were I live! 😆 what about London, to honor our common favourite actor??
All joking aside I can't wait to go back there as soon as possible. I hope the boarders won't close again this fall. I have been waiting to go since last year.

Reactions: 4

Thank you for this info! I will compromise and ask my friend at the library if she can get it for me in from another library, ours doesn't have it. The topic still doesn't interest me a ton tbh, I'm not huge into internal struggles, but your passion for it convinces me to try it.

I read a lot too, but we don't have a ton of extra money, so I usually try for free books (I couldn't find this one anywhere online) or if they sound phenomenal and are less than $10 I buy them (one/month). I know it's crappy, but we live paycheck to paycheck and I leave good reviews for authors as a payback.

Picturing Will as Tom may help me enjoy it more! Thank you!

I came across this on tumblr- it's a collage of times Tom has carried his own plates/bowls/etc around like it's a normal thing to do. I just find it so goddamn endearing, like of course he just brings non-portable dishes with him on walks. Here's hoping that next time we see him he's in a red shirt and just eating a bowl of cereal.

Tom and Dishware

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I came across this on tumblr- it's a collage of times Tom has carried his own plates/bowls/etc around like it's a normal thing to do. I just find it so goddamn endearing, like of course he just brings non-portable dishes with him on walks. Here's hoping that next time we see him he's in a red shirt and just eating a bowl of cereal.

Tom and Dishware
I love when people have weird, harmless habits like this. It's adorable. I wonder why he prefers to do this.

• Heart
I don't know about Ice9, but you make me want to give it a try!
About the "get together party", that would be set in Europe, since this is were I live! 😆 what about London, to honor our common favourite actor??
All joking aside I can't wait to go back there as soon as possible. I hope the boarders won't close again this fall. I have been waiting to go since last year.
I love London, used to go there twice a year. I miss it (I am from Central Europe, about 60 kms from Prague, to be precise, so almost the real center of Europe :D ).
Especially missing Tom on stage in Betrayal is something I am really sorry about.

London is a good compromise for all fans :D
That said, I have just paid huge money for new apartment - or better, remodelling (my grandmum´s old apartment), bought new furniture and all...but I managed to save money during the pandemics by literally sitting at home and not going anywhere (we agreed on a partial home office, so I saved money for bus and even food I pay for because Prague is expensive - I am not from Prague but have to go there to work). So that is a plus but I do miss travelling. Next year, finally, I hope. I think all I was spending money for in 2020 was food and books (hence, how I got to The Essex Serpent :D )

My dream vacation is to go to London lol. I'd go if I could afford it! But from the NY area to Europe is costly. Do a live stream and I will log in😅

I love London, used to go there twice a year. I miss it (I am from Central Europe, about 60 kms from Prague, to be precise, so almost the real center of Europe :D ).
Especially missing Tom on stage in Betrayal is something I am really sorry about.

London is a good compromise for all fans :D
That said, I have just paid huge money for new apartment - or better, remodelling (my grandmum´s old apartment), bought new furniture and all...but I managed to save money during the pandemics by literally sitting at home and not going anywhere (we agreed on a partial home office, so I saved money for bus and even food I pay for because Prague is expensive - I am not from Prague but have to go there to work). So that is a plus but I do miss travelling. Next year, finally, I hope. I think all I was spending money for in 2020 was food and books (hence, how I got to The Essex Serpent :D )
My family has a connection to Opocno and Brno. Having lived in London (after finishing university so I wasn't exactly flush!), it's not the best place to live unless you're comfortable but I did have my favourite places in London to visit. But I would like to go to Opocno, I've not been (family members have and photos there look lovely.

My dream vacation is to go to London lol. I'd go if I could afford it! But from the NY area to Europe is costly. Do a live stream and I will log in😅
I haven't been to London since I was a teenager and I'm dying to go back when I can afford it. I'm also from NY. I'm all for a Reverend Tom Zoom! Do you think he watches his shows, like TNM or Loki as they aired? Or do you think he gets too self-conscious/perfectionist about it?

My family has a connection to Opocno and Brno. Having lived in London (after finishing university so I wasn't exactly flush!), it's not the best place to live unless you're comfortable but I did have my favourite places in London to visit. But I would like to go to Opocno, I've not been (family members have and photos there look lovely.
There are a lots of places called "Opočno" but I suspect you mean the one with the castle (or palace or whatever is the correct English word :D ) :). I have never been there but I visited Brno a few times. There is a sci-fi convention going on each year (or was) but it is a bit far from where I am from (Southwestern part of the country) and it takes a few hours to get there.

I am lucky that flight tickets from here to the UK are relatively cheap (or were, not sure now). But the covid restrictions now are really annoying, I don´t have the money or vacation days to spend like two weeks in some hotel in quarantine (I am vaccinated with both doses). Let´s hope next year will shape up better for all of us.

I actually planned to go to the US, to New York, last year, to finally see Hugh Jackman on Broadway but the musical got postponed and I ran out of money in the meantime and travel so far now is a bit painful given the constant changes in the travel rules :(

Good thing with Tom is that he is on London stage often so I may be lucky in that perspective (however, I saw Hugh Jackman in 2019 - phew - when he toured Europe with his show).

Reactions: 3
There are a lots of places called "Opočno" but I suspect you mean the one with the castle (or palace or whatever is the correct English word :D ) :). I have never been there but I visited Brno a few times. There is a sci-fi convention going on each year (or was) but it is a bit far from where I am from (Southwestern part of the country) and it takes a few hours to get there.

I am lucky that flight tickets from here to the UK are relatively cheap (or were, not sure now). But the covid restrictions now are really annoying, I don´t have the money or vacation days to spend like two weeks in some hotel in quarantine (I am vaccinated with both doses). Let´s hope next year will shape up better for all of us.

I actually planned to go to the US, to New York, last year, to finally see Hugh Jackman on Broadway but the musical got postponed and I ran out of money in the meantime and travel so far now is a bit painful given the constant changes in the travel rules :(

Good thing with Tom is that he is on London stage often so I may be lucky in that perspective (however, I saw Hugh Jackman in 2019 - phew - when he toured Europe with his show).
Yes it is the one with the castle, my father always laugh as I get it wrong 😳, sorry. We went to see Hugh Jackman too when he came to the UK. Got to speak to him after, lovely man.

• Heart

Tom and Dishware
So awkward! :ROFLMAO: But I guess he has good explanation. Or not? o_O

Red t-shirt is enough. Let's focus our energy on red!

Also we could handle Bobby going a bit Anarchy in UK style

Yes, Dodger style.

ETA: Should European girls organize a meeting? :cool: I'm in! Over-seas fans are welcome! I hope this pandemic ends soon.

ETA 2: We don't get Disney+ where I live (though there are other methods to watch the shows :cool: )

ETA : Clara and Jara - I love Prague. Amazing city!

Last edited:
  • Heart
So awkward! :ROFLMAO: But I guess he has good explanation. Or not? o_O

Red t-shirt is enough. Let's focus our energy on red!

Also we could handle Bobby going a bit Anarchy in UK style

Yes, Dodger style.

ETA: Should European girls organize a meeting? :cool: I'm in! Over-seas fans are welcome! I hope this pandemic ends soon.

ETA 2: We don't get Disney+ where I live (though there are other methods to watch the shows :cool: )

A meet, yep sounds good if we ever get through all the travel restrictions!

*Cough* We don´t get Disney+ either *cough* :D
I only work in Prague so my relationship to it is a bit indifferent :D

I like the spontaneous meeting idea :D

Tom, if you are reading this, you are welcome to come as well. We are totally harmless, we only want to talk ;)

Reactions: 6
Tom, if you are reading this, you are welcome to come as well. We are totally harmless, we only want to talk ;)
Yeah, we are totally nice fans. Those who don't flash camera into someone's face. I was just talking with two fellow-fans in some private chat how I usually pretend that I don't know who's the celebrity in question. lol! I'd be like 'Loki? What's Loki? Lousy Disney+ not available in my area. Thank you Disney+ for second ranking my area'. :cautious:

Joke aside, I cannot with screaming hysterical fans. Like, hello, what happened, have you lost your mind?

And most important. He can bring Bobby. OMG, I started to like celebs' dogs more them celebs themselves. 🤪

• Heart