Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
As far as getaway car is concerned, I would have proceeded by injunction and would have ensured that the song could no longer be played in public
You can't do that. The song didn't call him by name nor it was slanderous.

Ok I’m going to play Devils advocate here…I will admit I am a TSwift fan, her Reputation album came out as I was going through a real tough time and it’s a comfort album to me…Getaway car is more her blaming herself, she basically references how Calvin is the bad guy, Tom drove the car and she was the one that left him. It doesn’t paint Tom in a bad light at all. Least she didn’t burn him like she did with Jake, Joe Jonas and Harry 😂

but flip side, that relationship hurt him and I don’t like that. he has been nothing but respectful towards Taylor ever since.

I agree with pretty much everything that’s been said on here. I know age will come into it, but something changed 😕 and as for Loki - Loki is my comfort character but I agree it’s time for Tom to take a step back.
It's not about the song, in my opinion. I don't think I know more than 2 songs from TS, not because she is bad or anything, I just enjoy other type of music but I did listen to the song that is about TH.
I think that issue was that her 'camp' painted TH in a bad light by saying:
Tom was using Taylor’s reputation to gain popularity. Likewise, he was expecting Taylor to go public with the relationship more than she was comfortable.
That, to me, was what triggered the bashing. Let's be honest for a quick second....TS has more followers that TH ever did, to this date, her 'voice' was louder than his. Her fandom was/ is larger than his. The imprint on the collective was, and still is, tied to her narrative.
Alleging that someone might have enamored you only because he was seeking personal gain is a low blow and that was the catalyst of all the BS he's gotten ever since.
She: The poor kind pop star that fell for a guy at a party
Him: The fame hungry new comer that would do anything to position himself in the industry.
That was the narrative they used and went with and, no matter how many times TH praised her (The GQ interview was proof of that) he was never able to turn things around and 'redeem' himself.

I went to find some photos from The Essex Serpent and most stuff, of course, is on tumblr. It is already a bit out of my age range and a rabbit hole so I was surprised about the amount of hate the show (Loki) got there, simply because those girls (women?) didn´t get their fan fiction fantasies come alive and claimed Tom doesn´t know the character at all and that they would write it better etc. And then went and harrassed Kate Herron on twitter so much that she started to block replies to her posts. This is totally bonkers. I dislike things but I am not going to attack their creators.
Tumblr can be a real zest pool! I'm way pass the age range of that site though I still have an account and go there occasionally.
The amount of crap that was thrown at the show just because they wanted a gay pairing as lead was mind blowing but that's tumblr. Most of the 'fans' or 'FanFic writers' objectify and push the gay narrative between the characters. If you go into any MCU tag, you'll see what I'm talking about.
I think is disrespectful and often times, those people are way past the 'rabid, raging fan' age group.
Do I agree with Herron's directorial choices in Loki? not entirely. Would I ever go ahead and bash her? Absolutely not. What would be the point? It is done, it was approved to be showcased like that. Let's move along.

maybe Tom doesn't speak about it out of respect for her? No matter what the relationship was is that why he won't speak out about it?
I think he doesn't speak about it because he wants this to just go away? I don't speak about my exes, why would he? He already said his peace, and was compared to a bowl of sauce or whatever, I don't think he feels the need to keep bringing this subject up the same way TS doesn't bring it up either?

Tom, who I think was actually much more ambitious than he comes off, wanted to boost his fame and possibly lead to the Bond role. That's not to say that they didn't like each other at all- they're both attractive and interesting, I'm sure they were able to amuse themselves.
I do believe that Tom is EXTREMELY ambitious, after all, working for the industry you have to be on top of your game at all times and is that a bad thing? I mean, everything in excess is bad but....if you are working towards a goal, you gotta be laser focused.
Again, did he ever mentioned he wanted to be Bond or that whole narrative came out of speculations?

I don't get it, though: why people express so much hate about these matters. I mean, this is not the cure for cancer they were supposed to create, just a very entertaining series, for God's sake!!
A-FREAKING-MEN!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

beveta

Chatty Member
Hey guys, I was wondering, since we joke about it from time to time, do you think TH lurks around here sometimes? Do you think he would ever post if he does? 🤔
Would you search your name on the Internet if you had his fandom?
I don't think I would, tbh. My mental health comes first.
Funny, I only thought yesterday about whether TH was looking up. We talked about not seeing him and suddenly there are pictures in the DM. :p
I think that actors in forums are looking at what their fans think. Also to test their market value.

• Wow

Ice9

I just rewatched the DW ep with zawe a few days ago and I remember thinking she sorta over-acts. It's not awful just like ..the words that came to mind were "brute force acting" lol. Like it's forced. It's hard to describe. It's a million times better than anything I could EVER do but when i compare to someone like Peter Capaldi who is just so natural at it, it's noticeable.

But maybe I am biased bc hes my other TV husband. 😍He can do no wrong 🤪🤣

Last edited:

Jara

VIP Member
In my defense, I am so active because my vacation started (and I am leaving on Thursday to visit my parents at their village house, so no wifi for me til Sunday! :D ) so I have a lots of time in my hands....I am in the middle of an apartment reconstruction so I am going crazy between putting together new furniture for living room (if you thought IKEA was bad, try this polish cheap pseudo-wooden stuff :D ) and googling Tom about every four hours, watching some movies in between. I swear, I totally forgot how to relax somewhere between high school and now :D
As for the red shirt - yes, I meant Star Trek red shirt! But Tom would look great in the red so I am scratching that reference in my head and just going with it.

See, Tom, no worries! :D

Last edited:
  • Haha

db131

VIP Member
I think the guy behind him is just a guy on the street. He doesn’t use a bodyguard unless he’s on “business”. These pictures are from not too far from his house. As for the mug - probably getting some coffee, I’d suspect. Some places encourage using your own cup. (Admittedly most people bring a travel mug - but that’s Tom I guess)
I see you yupps 👀

Can we just acknowledge the fact that he looks damn fine despite the fact that he probably had a screaming fan to his face taking photos?
He looks very content and damn his body looks so tight and fit, you can tell through the sweater! I love that he is just carrying an Abbey Road mug through the streets, there's something beautifully eccentric about that.

You know what we never see? Photos of Tom running shirtless through the streets. Just saying, in case anyone is browsing through.

• Haha

Ice9

Not over sharing at all. I met a childhood pinup (former A lister) as an adult and was so disappointed as the guy was a complete ........ (insert appropriate euphemism). Yet at the same comic con I met another star (Paul Darrow, known as a Sci Fi actor in the UK) who although I knew I'd watched his shows on re-runs, he was tall, well spoken, and funny, he knew how to make people relax. He told me a few jokes and they are some of the best photos I have had taken at any comic con. He asked me what had happened with my former pinup star and I told him, his reply? "We can't ever forget it's the fans that put us on the pedestal in the first place, my job as an actor although maybe not as famous as the other guy is to make people laugh, smile, cry and have them on the edge of their seat watching the story I'm telling". This lovely star fell very ill only a year after I saw him, and declined after he lost his wife and sadly passed away but still one of my treasured photos and memories for the way he made me laugh and put me at ease.
In 2012 I met Alan Rickman in NYC when he was doing the play Seminar. I was outside the stage door. I had such a crush on him and my brain went out the window and I said "Mr Rickman can I get a kiss on the cheek?"

I was horrified when I realized what came out of my mouth. I said I was sorry and nervous and he chuckled and said "I think I'm a bit too old for you as it is" (I was in my mid 20s) and he signed an autograph for me which I still have.

And that is why I'd keep quiet if I met Tom. I'd say something stupid that I'd instantly regret😅

I think Alan was so nice for being kind about it. I guess maybe he could tell I was mortified lol.

Every encounter I've ever had with a celebrity has been awkward. I met Kim Coates from sons of anarchy and he said "beautiful girl, let me give you a hug!" And he hugged me and I flinched and he totally felt it :(

Once I met Henry Winkler and he asked me if I had a learning disability (I don't). That was weird. It's always weird.

Jara

VIP Member
Tom, could you please kindly solve this for us? Nothing big, just a sign...if you are with Zawe, wear a red shirt, if not, wear a grey one. Then we will know and won´t tell anyone :D ;)

• Haha

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
He was also seen at some awards in London. I’m assuming at the weekend.
That's from 2019 according to the DailyFail

However, if you scroll down on Nina's post, this is a Throw Back photo or maybe they were from this year's? The Olivier Awards 2021 were on Sunday 4th April at the Royal Albert Hall. According to google

With the Twitter post that was deleted because the poor chap was inundated (probably) with questions
That was my thought as well. Too bad I didn't take a screen shot but the comment about where he met TH was made to his Twitter literally 5 minutes after he posted it.
ALSO, PSA.....NEVER USE YOUR REAL NAME ON A SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM....you can be easily found with a simple google search!

Last edited:

Jara

VIP Member
ETA: Should European girls organize a meeting? :cool: I'm in! Over-seas fans are welcome! I hope this pandemic ends soon.

ETA 2: We don't get Disney+ where I live (though there are other methods to watch the shows :cool: )

ETA : Clara and Jara - I love Prague. Amazing city!
*Cough* We don´t get Disney+ either *cough* :D
I only work in Prague so my relationship to it is a bit indifferent :D

I like the spontaneous meeting idea :D

Tom, if you are reading this, you are welcome to come as well. We are totally harmless, we only want to talk ;)

clara131brown

VIP Member
Funny, I only thought yesterday about whether TH was looking up. We talked about not seeing him and suddenly there are pictures in the DM. :p
I think that actors in forums are looking at what their fans think. Also to test their market value.
Well TH if you're lurking we think you're fabulous ☺

• Heart
  • Haha

clara131brown

VIP Member
Really sorry you went through that, but relieved to hear you were at least warned so that you could manage the situation a little bit. It's good when people look out for one another. You're absolutely right, there should be more done to protect victims. There's always a lot of judgement and questioning (why didn't they say something or refuse or leave the situation) and honestly, that just makes it worse for people who are being bullied/harassed in any manner.
When people are in fear of losing their job or being blacklisted across an industry I get why some people are scared to speak out. I just find it sad that in 2021 I still see people bullied or objectified (I saw a friend pushed out of jobs that she was more than capable of, due to her mostly hidden disability) in many settings.

• Heart

Kouignamann

First of all guys, I feel like I really want to invite y'all for tea time some day, this is how comfortable I feel on this forum! 😄
Second, this is the second time we "get" pictures after talking about it here... sooooo suspicious!! (But I love a good investigation!)🤓
Third, my latest thoughts on the ghost couple is that they were one but are not anymore. Just a feeling.
BTW, Tom if you are reading this (and indeed newly single), I can make myself available very quickly 😎
#tryingmyluck 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
I always feel like since then he's a lot different. And except for when talking about Loki or Shakespeare his smile doesn't meet his eyes. Like it changed him a lot, in some good ways, like privacy is good sure but almost to an extreme now. Like a total 180 from happy puppyish adorable fun guy to serious quieter guy who won't acknowledge a relationship at all.

Obviously idk him irl. Maybe he's totally fine! Just...I get a vibe from him like he's putting on an act a lot to seem ok but maybe isn't. I hope im totally wrong.

I can't imagine how I'd feel if the world mocked me like the way they did with him and TS and him and the awards speech. I'd be so frigging medicated to cope I think so I dont judge him if he's really not alright.
I have been saying this for the longest time. I went as far as googling (because why not) what does it mean, based on behaviour analysis, when someone doesn't show their teeth while smiling. and I was beyond devastated.
I miss fun Tom, like on a daily basis. I know he is not 29 years old anymore and I'm not expecting him to make Mjollnir jokes anytime soon but I did notice that his energy is quite dim.
I felt as he needed to prove he was a great actor by doing theatre again, not complaining about that despite the fact I couldn't enjoy it.
Some fans called him a fame whore when he was at his lowest, you could tell that (fabrication or not) this DID affect him and I, personally, will never forget that. It was disgusting. I'm not saying that we, as fans, should do a fanfare every time he does something we can all be critical, hell I am 90% of the time, but bashing someone for EONS for a mistake, my brain cannot compute that behaviour
I can only imagine what it must have felt for him, having both his own fandom and TS's making fun of him. DAILY and CONSTANTLY.
I think he might still be dealing with side-effects of that and why he did a 180 and went from super charming, funny and outgoing to serious, only business and distant

• Sad

Ice9

I also throw my hat in. I am married but ummm I can get a divorce or we can just chill under the radar. Don't want money or fame and I am self sufficient 🤣

I joke. If he does actually read these, Tom, i hope you're having a great day.

• Haha